**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Jane Fosters heavy attack is bugged (misses enemies right next to her)

World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
I know there’s lots of bugs in the game right now, but this one has been in the game since Jane Foster was released. Her heavy attack is gimped as is, and covers very short distance.

In the video below, her heavy attack misses enemies who are right next to her.

iPad 6th gen
iOS 13.1.3
Latest MCOC version

https://youtu.be/-epQEmqbHqA

Comments

• jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    There is nothing wrong with her heavy. Your to far away.
    User error
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I see. You 're consistently doing parry + basic + heavy. At 9 secs you hit but numerous times you dont (ie. Last miss versus Iceman).

Try doing two matches with:

- Parry + Light + Heavy

- Parry + Medium + Heavy

Then compare and post results. When you miss without parry, its difficult to tell gauge the distance. When you parry, not only is it easier to tell, but it's also more precise due to consistency.

If the results vary, then there is a bug. If not, then you one attack pushes the opponent more than the other.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    And then we have those who glide towards opponent like killmonger, luke cage etc
    Just like how some champs lunge themselves far towards opponent with their dash
    I dunno maybe it’s meant to be like that?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

MikeHock said:

jgraz said:

User error

Nonsense. I do a single hit and then a heavy. At 7 seconds, the heavy connects. I do the same thing at 15, 20 & 32 seconds and she misses.
    at 7 seconds you whiff, as you're too far.
    you connect after the parry, but launch too far from the body of the defender every other time. feel free to record any other champ with a quick heavy release/ short reach (ronan, Ultron, juggernaut, iron man) doing these same slick moves. i connect testing this out with ms foster and Ronan, but i also know what I'm doing, apparently.
    I whiff with my heavy at 15 seconds. The distance of her heavy attack is the issue. I’m doing a single hit into a heavy. With any other hero, I can do this and the heavy connects every time.
    edited December 2019
    MCoC 25.1 - Same problem.

Jane Fosters heavy attack whiffs at :06 and :20 seconds of the vid below.
    The enemy does not block
    The enemy does not dash or dex back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYrobdq788A
    Here’s another video taken in the arena this week. It doesn’t happy every time. Her heavy attack is just poorly designed and inconsistent. This doesn’t happen with any other hero.

She misses at:
    :35 seconds
    :45 seconds
    :54 seconds

https://youtu.be/2UQKRyi_BmY
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    It's the range man. Thor(Jane) & Thor(OG) both have really shot heavy range. Probably the shortest in the game.
    It happened to me plenty of times.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    She is totally useless anyway. We don't care. I did a post for proof how she hits like baby. Lot of 3 and 4 stars are more powerful and can kill ws of rol with 30/50% less hits when mine is 6*r1 lol
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    edited December 2019
    Caino1023 said:

jgraz said:

User error

You’re*
    Too*
    Typing error.
    HAHA yeah. Typing on this phone kills me sometimes
    Today in the arena again. I’d be happy to provide more info if needed.

iPad 6th gen
    iOS 13.3
    MCoC 25.1

https://youtu.be/ZcrQy8ZVWDk
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Lovek said:

She is totally useless anyway. We don't care. I did a post for proof how she hits like baby. Lot of 3 and 4 stars are more powerful and can kill ws of rol with 30/50% less hits when mine is 6*r1 lol

You don’t speak for everyone. Obviously the OP cares. Just because she’s viewed as trash by everyone doesn’t mean she should stay broken forever.
    edited December 2019
    Considering this has been ignored for 3 weeks, even with video evidence, I guess I’ll waste my time and email a ticket into the customer service about this problem.

Still, I’ll continue to post vids of this bug here on the forums whenever it happens.
    edited January 2020
    Same issue.

Does anyone know of another hero whose heavy attack whiffs like this??

https://youtu.be/8W_fahbzdWk
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Same issue.

Does anyone know of another hero whose heavy attack whiffs like this??

https://youtu.be/8W_fahbzdWk

Medium make your dictan between your and oppen large so u wil get to far away but still not really good
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Short arm problems unfortunately, she's probably similar to rocket's arm length
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    That was all user error, lmao
  • It does look in videos that sometimes she will jump forward much further when executing her Heavy in order to reach the opponent, than at other times when she barely moves forward at all (and misses) for her Heavy even though she would have been able to reach them if she moved forward the same amount as other times.

Think that is what people are getting at, it should be consistent.
    I appreciate all the supportive comments. Like others have said, I’m looking for some consistency. If you watch most of these vids, the enemy even jumps a little closer to me as my heavy whiffs.

Here is a slow motion vid. I do a single dash(M) attack then try to launch a heavy that whiffs. Per Kabam support (and others in this thread), I’m too far away.

How much closer can I get?

https://youtu.be/9-It8hACFqQ
    Here’s another slo mo clip.

I block
    Single dash attack
    Heavy whiffs

Blade does not dash back or dex. Blade does not block. Blade appears to move closer to me and still I miss. How much closer can I get after just hitting the enemy??

https://youtu.be/tgzXLx2wtjo

• Despite the distance JaneFoster will go during her Heavy maybe being inconsistent, I actually only will do Heavies immediately after a Parry. I know some will do Parry and a hit first before Heavy, or will try and tack on a Heavy after a Combo (dangerous timing).
    But Parry-Heavy is best, and there is no way that it could possible be out of range if you were to do that instead.
    Caino1023 said:

doesn't seem bugged. Just seems that when you hit the opponent after a stun they shift back out of the range. What happens when you parry and then go straight into a heavy?
    It's a tiny hit box, but doesn't seem bugged.

Yes, her heavy hit box is tiny and poorly designed. I wish they’d expand the hit box or adjust her so that the heavy doesn’t whiff like this. She Hulks heavy , and 10 other heroes, were poorly designed & in game for 2-3 years before they called that a “bug” and made adjustments. Following that standard, I’m calling this a bug . I highly doubt this is working as intended.

When I Parry heavy , it connects, but if I do a single dash attack and then a heavy, it’s not consistent.

Kabam support said I’m too far away. I’d like to know how it’s possible for me to get any closer after having just hit the enemy with a dash attack. I know of no other hero who whiffs after having done the exact same actions: dash attack & then a heavy attack.