**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The real problem with the anniversary gifts

The rewards are fine, I'm not complaining. The issue I have is with the hype created around the rewards and calendar. I'm happy to have gotten a chance at another 5* even though I pulled Sentry, just means better luck next time. Honestly I was expecting more that just shards, some things with actual guaranteed value, like an AG or SS, but with less shards. The calendar rewards are fine but nothing to be too ecstatic over. I felt like the calendar was going to have some basic stuff at the beginning and bring it home at the end but we got a 1/5 of a 5*, 1/2 a tier 2 alpha, and ok to mediocre handouts. I'm glad that I'm able to get some bonus stuff this month and hopefully progress more than I would other months, but I feel let down by the fact that there was so much hype built up that this decent amount of stuff felt like a disappointment. I know people think some people are being ungrateful but I think it's just the let down of the high hopes that were built up. I definitely fit into that category as I was very excited for today to see what the stuff I could earn would be. I didn't really say anything about the Hall of Heroes but that is just mediocre too with a long string of easy fights.

Comments

• What is up with everyone and "hype" this month.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    the real problem were your expectations, i pulled sentry too, what a waste of a champion
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    Who hype it the most is us players stopped being hype you’re self and don’t hav high hops then u will not be in this place
  • IronMaiden66IronMaiden66 Posts: 40
    Gamer said:

Who hype it the most is us players stopped being hype you’re self and don’t hav high hops then u will not be in this place

Kabam did a lot to hype it up by keeping it as secretive as they did and making a big deal out of anniversary. They had this in game count down and were pushing players to reach the next story milestone. It's not just the players. I can't speak for others but the countdown definitely hyped me up more than anything else.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Kabam did a lot to hype it up by keeping it as secretive as they did and making a big deal out of anniversary. They had this in game count down and were pushing players to reach the next story milestone. It's not just the players. I can't speak for others but the countdown definitely hyped me up more than anything else.
    Yes and no it the player ther never how a low hype when ther hype thing op u and the player needs to stop este the high
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    They also usually give something on Christmas Day. But in the end they don’t HAVE to give us anything whether you got trash or not something is better than nothing
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Literally what was hyped? They made an announcement and that's it.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Wozzy101 said:

Most of the hype was from players setting unrealistic expectations on what we would be getting. We got 15K in 5* shards, but that’s not good enough!

There’s nothing wrong with these rewards. If they would have given a 5* Nexus, people would be complaining it’s not a 6* Nexus. If they would have given that people would be complaining it’s not a 6* awakening gem. You can’t please all the people all the time.

Is it 15k for cavalier? Im Uncollected, and got 10k
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    I was dreading for some catlyst but I m also greatfull tht kabam was greatfull enoigh to atleast provide with some shrads

Thw anniversary gift was not bad at all
    U cant expect them to give away free 6star crystals can u?

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

Gamer said:

Please show me where they hyped it up and how. I'd like to see this hype that i missed even though i play this game everyday as well as come to the forums a lot.

Also the "count down" was a completely separate event that had nothing to do with the anniversary event.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    people getting mixed up with Christmas instead of anniversary we got a 4 or 5* taskmaster last year and the anniversary calendar was the same with half the tier 2 alpha shards and 5k 5* shards bonus login. Don't forget people were shelling out £100 on one 5* a couple a weeks ago :D so thank you Kabam let me get 4 5*s across 2 accounts.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    “I was expecting”
    “Let down”
    “I was disappointed”
    “Ok to mediocre”

Le sigh......
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Michael: Hey, we will release a calendar with log in rewards.

Some-community-members-on-extra-suger: OMG, the hype is unreal !!!!! can't wait for my free 6* Namor with 300 sig stones!!! confirmed by Kabam mike....

Basically