**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Obsession with ‘Beyond god tier’ champs

I feel that unless its a warlock, namor etc there are many champs that get overlooked to the point that it’s a disappointment to get some of the god/high Demi god tier champs that are still very useful.

The obsession with only using resources until you get a certain ‘beyond god tier’ champ can leave you very disappointed as you could be waiting a long time for these type of champs not to mention some of them need the dupe as well.

There are some champs that came out 2+ years ago that are still amazing but I see a lot of summoners wasted them shards on featured crystals and getting mostly disappointment.

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Waynedavy said:

Yep but a bigger disappointment if you don’t wait and use your resources on not who you want.. then you pull that god tier

You will always have that. The alternative is not advancing in the game. There are plenty demigod champions that will get you advance in the game.
  • JJPThorJJPThor Posts: 44
    I feel like there are a hell of a lot of champs in this game. To narrow them down to 10-15 champs misses the point of the game. I agree this might not apply to end game players. But for the earlier players such as myself can get reluctant to rank up the great champs that can be vital for progression because there or 3 or 4 champs of that class that are better or the champ hasn’t aged well compared to the newer ones. It can take a heck of a long time to get an awesome roster on this game.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Thats just how the game works, resources are quite rare and ranking up are expensive so you cant risk it going to champs that wont provide much. Also I havent seen anyone not give appreciation to high demigod tier and above apart from maybe the 1% but I guess you have different experiences.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    There’s a reason people are obsessed with those top champs. They make beating top end game content a lot easier. The more deeper into end game content you get the more need to have top tier champs. I don’t mind spending on revives to a point but some of these fights are a straight money dump if you don’t have certain champs.

Name me some lower tier champs that can deal with the PITA Act 6 bosses like Xbones, Mr Sinister, The Champion etc.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

There’s a reason people are obsessed with those top champs. They make beating top end game content a lot easier. The more deeper into end game content you get the more need to have top tier champs. I don’t mind spending on revives to a point but some of these fights are a straight money dump if you don’t have certain champs.

Name me some lower tier champs that can deal with the PITA Act 6 bosses like Xbones, Mr Sinister, The Champion etc.

You realize that makes you the mark, the sucker, in the room, right?

You have absolutely no way to guarantee that you are ever going to get those characters, no matter how obsessed you are or aren't.

That obsession with the next piece of content -- content that always gets harder to clear -- is the carrot on the end of the stick.

Not everyone is gonna clear all the content. Not everyone is meant to clear all the content.

You are the mark the second you think you have to do it and stop thinking about all of the other ways to enjoy the game, which includes ranking up any champion a person wants because they simply want to play them
    It's the same with character collectors, like me. You are never going to have every single character unless you spend and spend and spend.

I don't mind spending. This is fun for me. But if I woke up every day and said, "OMG, Variant 39 dropped today and I don't have a 12-star Red Guardian so I can't do it," welp, that is poor way to do it
    edited December 2019
    Maybe it’s just me but I always get the champs I want eventually. Just pulled Warlock yesterday now I will attempt Act 6 Mr Sinister lol.
    ESF said:

It's the same with character collectors, like me. You are never going to have every single character unless you spend and spend and spend.

I don't mind spending. This is fun for me. But if I woke up every day and said, "OMG, Variant 39 dropped today and I don't have a 12-star Red Guardian so I can't do it," welp, that is poor way to do it

I don’t see anything wrong with that. Especially if it’s permanent content. I’ll wait till I’m prepared with top quality champs, I’ll watch videos of other people doing it and prepare myself before completing it.

Again, I’m not in a hurry to complete anything. Unless it’s time sensitive

Actually no. I just wait till I get the champs I want to complete it.

I’m not in a hurry to complete anything. Been playing this game for about 5 years and just did my first run in LOL last week cause I was just able to R5 Aegon and max sig him.

How does that make me a sucker exactly?

It makes you a sucker in two ways: People cleared Labyrinth with Storm and OG Captain Marvel and X-23, with Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to lengthen the Enrage timers, so all the people thinking they have to wait for Aegon or whoever are just waiting for nothing

And if your point then becomes "well, I didn't spend money or units to do it, so that makes it better," then you are still the sucker because now that you have cleared it with Aegon, unless you quit the game today or tomorrow or when you finish Labyrinth, you're gonna be right back at it for Abyss, where they will make it so you cannot clear it with Aegon doing what he does
    ESF said:

I’m not in a hurry to complete anything. Been playing this game for about 5 years and just did my first run in LOL last week cause I was just able to R5 Aegon and max sig him.

It makes you a sucker in two ways: People cleared Labyrinth with Storm and OG Captain Marvel and X-23, with Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to lengthen the Enrage timers, so all the people thinking they have to wait for Aegon or whoever are just waiting for nothing

And if your point then becomes "well, I didn't spend money or units to do it, so that makes it better," then you are still the sucker because now that you have cleared it with Aegon, unless you quit the game today or tomorrow or when you finish Labyrinth, you're gonna be right back at it for Abyss, where they will make it so you cannot clear it with Aegon doing what he does
    When LOL dropped I wasn’t sitting around saying I’ll wait for Aegon before I’lol try it. Doing LOL with Storm or any other hack of a champ is not fun or interesting to me just to be able to say I completed. I’ve built my roster fine without completing it. Now doing LOL is actually super fun with Aegon.

If you want drop a ton cash or units clearing content like with subpar champs just for bragging rights go right ahead. Means nothing to me

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    ESF said:

You have absolutely no way to guarantee that you are ever going to get those characters, no matter how obsessed you are or aren't.

That obsession with the next piece of content -- content that always gets harder to clear -- is the carrot on the end of the stick.

Not everyone is gonna clear all the content. Not everyone is meant to clear all the content.

You are the mark the second you think you have to do it and stop thinking about all of the other ways to enjoy the game, which includes ranking up any champion a person wants because they simply want to play them
    Theres a high enough percentage in the pool to get a great champ in the near future. I calculated the amazing champs that would help me on certain paths in 6.3 and 6.4 and its around 30% and thats coming from someone who has like 10 beyond god/god tier champs already.

ESF said:

Because someone else painfully cleared it with mid-carders, and you decide wait for better, cheaper, faster options, you’re a sucker? Also, if you wait again to clear the new new permanent content, you’re a double sucker?
    Yeah, because that is the whole point of what Kabam wants: You to engage with the content.

You think it's on your terms, because you waited. But it really benefits them, because you stick around waiting to do it. That helps them.

If you're F2P, you help provide an environment where spenders can come and compete and always be ahead of you. F2Pers think because they don't spend, they are coming out ahead, but every minute you spend playing is time you don't spend doing something else and they have to grind more overall -- I got Blade way back when during an Early Access Sale. Never have I had to wait or grind for him.

If you're a spender, you get to do things first and fastest and dominate F2Pers and grab new characters as fast as you can.

None of us here are better than others, if you think you're not the sucker here but the other guy is

If you're playing a lot, you're a part of it. Waiting, not waiting, doesn't change that

ESF said:

First all those people using those subpar champs dumped a ton of items to do so. Which means they either spent tons of money or spent tons of time grinding for items. To me those guys are the suckers but to each is own.

Second I definitely wasn’t waiting around to get Aegon when LOL dropped. I had most the champ that everyone using at the but I wasn’t interested in doing anything listed above.

Third, I don’t care about the Abyss, I’ll wait, watch the whales do it on You Tube and determine what I need to complete and go from there.

Lastly, I think you just butt hurt about what I’m saying because deep down your jealous of my laid back approach and you’re incapable of being like because you are truly chasing the carrot on the stick! HAHAHA SUCKER!

People like you always think it's personal, that it's the other guy.

When just yesterday or the day before, whatever, weren't you crying about the free gifts because they weren't what you wanted?

The last thing I am is hurt by some random guy on a message board. Some of you guys post and think that it is the last word and whatever, but the adults who have kids and wives and houses...we play this game for fun.

Nothing about this personal, and nothing you say is gonna hurt my feelings. It's just not, man
    Nope I definitely was not crying about free gifts. Though your name does sound familiar so I probably called you out on some other nonsense you were spouting but whatever

Nope I definitely was not crying about free gifts. Though your name does sound familiar so I probably called you out on some other nonsense you were spouting but whatever

See? Still talking like you calling me out is relevant to anyone

Nobody cares, bro. It's just a message board

The only person who I care about when they speak is the person who signs my checks. Other than that, it's just words about a mobile game
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

ESF said:

And a buncha folks crossed the Oregon Trail in a covered wagon. I respect the effort that must've taken, but doesn't mean I'm not gonna jump in my car or get a flight and not even think twice. Unless you're a historical reenactor, in which case, be my guest and do whatever you like.

You do you is how I approach this game, as long as no cheating is involved. Want to hoard resources and only rank S-Class champs? You do you. Want to R5 every Superior Iron Man and Groot? Great! You do you. Perfect knowledge is not even required, we often learn more from some decisions in hindsight then we would've if we had made the decision we now consider optimal.

Not relevant to the topic but I watched a American dad episode with the Oregon trail joke and now someone brings it up what a coincidence haha
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    What makes every online game fun is competition. How can you compete with worthless characters
  • What makes every online game fun is competition. How can you compete with worthless characters

By showing their worth
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    ESF said:

This is wrong
    So I should rank up juggernaut to play content simply because I don't have beyond god tiers
    Like I'd want o
    ESF said:

So I should give myself headaches by using weak champs to clear content?
    Blame kabam for creating op champs that make content look easy and not the player's choice of waiting for said champ
    No one wants to overspend or kill themselves over a game
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    They are good tier champs for reason, you know? There are ton of older champs, who have no fancy animation and do nothing new for your roster. Why rank them up with limited resources?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Could always just you know rank up whoever you want and ignore tier lists and naysayers. Generally what i do and im still in act 6 lol.
    Jh_Dez said:

ESF said:

This is wrong
    So I should rank up juggernaut to play content simply because I don't have beyond god tiers
    Like I'd want o
    ESF said:

So I should give myself headaches by using weak champs to clear content?
    Blame kabam for creating op champs that make content look easy and not the player's choice of waiting for said champ
    No one wants to overspend or kill themselves over a game
    You misunderstand -- I didn't tell anyone to rank up any character. I said that waiting for the best characters is no guarantee you will get them and that there are other ways to enjoy the game

Kabam creates OP characters so people want them. That is why we're here
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    You do realize what some people spend on crystals it would just be cheaper to buy revives then chase "Champ X"
    Buttehrs said:

Could always just you know rank up whoever you want and ignore tier lists and naysayers. Generally what i do and im still in act 6 lol.

I got a 5/65 Sentry. No regrets