**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Free 1* champs

2»

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Jaina97 said:

Absolutely nothing in the game walled solely behind cash. That's why this is greedy. Nobody is opposed to them making money. If they weren't profiting, we wouldn't have a game. It's the absolute P2W aspect of this that people hate. Pay money or don't play. That's a massive turn off personally. Pay money to get ahead? Sure. People can work with that. We had those silly "Win 50 fights" objectives for those spider verse champions. Was it dumb? Yes. Was it acceptable? Yes, because people had the option of putting in time and effort to get what they needed as opposed to ONLY units. If you can't grasp what the issue is, you shouldn't be here. Go explore v4 since you seem to have everything you need for it.

I already did thanks to all the energy refills we’ve gotten lately. And it’s not P2W/P2P. I don’t think you understand the concept. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing EQ, arenas, story, AQ, or AW for free. Hell, you could even explore 1.1-3.1 and be ready for when the time comes when the 1* are offered for free. It’s permanent content that isn’t going anywhere. You might actually have an argument if it’s temporary content but it’s not.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Jaina97 said:

Absolutely nothing in the game walled solely behind cash. That's why this is greedy. Nobody is opposed to them making money. If they weren't profiting, we wouldn't have a game. It's the absolute P2W aspect of this that people hate. Pay money or don't play. That's a massive turn off personally. Pay money to get ahead? Sure. People can work with that. We had those silly "Win 50 fights" objectives for those spider verse champions. Was it dumb? Yes. Was it acceptable? Yes, because people had the option of putting in time and effort to get what they needed as opposed to ONLY units. If you can't grasp what the issue is, you shouldn't be here. Go explore v4 since you seem to have everything you need for it.

How exactly are 1*s walled behind cash? They were given for free. They have been given subsequently for free. They will almost certainly be given for free again. If you sold your 1*s, which is on you, and you want to complete this permanent content now, rather than wait for an opportunity to get them at a later date, you have to spend units, which can be earned for free... Not seeing the cash wall.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    tbos42 said:

You sold your 1*s and got something in return for selling them why should they be given back for free that's like buying a TV then asking for money back without returning it.

If you are trying to imply that Kabams actions here are valid, you are for sure trolling, take a second to think about what you are defending.
    So did you get nothing in return for selling those 1*s doesn't matter who I defend what I said remains true
    Scmb_666 said:

So I usually one to support people that are complaint about something kabam did. Or kabam didn’t do. But people,you sold your champs.

Kabam didn’t sell them , kabam didn’t remove them, you sold them for short term gain.

I didn’t, most didn’t don’t be angry at others for your mistake. First thing I ever saw on the message boards when asked for hints about new players. They told me don’t ever sell champs.

I’m sure you’ve seen those posts.

If not. Well now you have,good thing battle chips are boosted so making units will be hella easy now.

We got another turd in the punch bowl
    So in other words you are at a loss of words to argue with though guess you been that way for some time seeing you like to call people trolls for opposing your opinion.

My biggest thing is why is selling your champs even an option. Over three years ago when I sold my 1*s after playing the Gabe for month. How would I know that I’d need them in three years and have no other way to obtain them. How would I know if stil be playing Game.

So you think kabam should alter events or hand out free candy because of a decision you made 3 years ago?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Kabam why is this thread still up? The name calling by those who were short-sighted, sold their 1* champs and are upset now about the 1* requirement is getting way beyond ridiculous.

I think you should get a life you virgin.

I am most certainly not virgin but since you resorted to name calling instead of aruging thanks for losing
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

No sense in arguing. My point is only that kabam has ruined this event in the eyes of many of their users. Whether we sold 1* or progressed so quickly we didn’t collect a deep roster, the bottom line is many of these users negatively impacted by this business decision have had a negative customer experience at a time when we’d otherwise love to engage in content. I understand that if you have all your 1* then you want to gloat and say boy I’m so much smarter than those that sold. Great, very constructive. But to the others that don’t have 1*, making them restricted behind a crystal only available for units just creates negative sentiment that could have been avoided.

I guess it’s worth the negative sentiment to make a few more unit sales. Judging from outdoor on YouTube and agreements with many of the posts about this, you’ll see several feel the 1* crystal is a sham.

Its not Kabam that ruined this event but people who sold their 1* champions did it for them self’s. The real question is was it worth it to do so for few 75 ISO bricks?
  • NateAdidasNateAdidas Posts: 22
    I truly understand both sides to this issue. Honestly selling the 1* for such a pitiful return doesn't make sense to me at all. However I do believe the 20% drop rate is way out of line. First of all 2* Champions only increase by one sig lvl per dupe so it is incredibly slow to max them out and once they are maxed out from PHCs usually then you just get a max sig crytals for all the 2* you pull. However if you were to pull one of the rare 1* in the crystal that you already have you will get literally nothing because you can't awaken 1*. The crystal seems like a very bad idea. Why not just add that crystal to the Arena like you did with 2* last month and put in some Rare 2* and maybe some new 1* to make it more of an achievement.