1* Champions

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,493 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

JB0617 said:

For someone who just started playing about a year ago I have had little to no use for 1 star champs (past the first hour or two of playing the game) it is very frustrating that These type of limitations are put into brand new content. @Kabam Miike your company JUST posted about how act 6 gates were unfair as it requires you to have specific champs to even access them and you turn around and do this. Pure cash grab. Hopefully something comes out to help players who didn’t have much time with the opportunity of using or even getting 1*s as newer players quickly have no use for them and no ability to get them.

End rant.

At what point do you stop getting 1*s? I can't remember.
    Once u beat act 4 u can no longer get 1*s
    Whats to disagree with? I have 2 accounts. My main is uncollected and my second is not. Once i beat act 4 on the second account i stopped getting 1*s on it
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,338 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

50 units for 1:5 chance is stated odds but they are false. Literally every person I’ve spoken with has bought more than 5 and do not see the 1:5 odds. Many have bought 5-10 with 0 1*. Cash grabbin for the holidays.

Merry Christmas to the loyal players who rushed to beat content and get upgraded crystals that don’t include 1*!

We really appreciate your business, said absolutely nobody at kabam....out of touch and unreal. To spit in the face of loyal customers like this. A total shame.

OMG. You spoke to multiple people who bought 5-10 crystals and didn't get 1 to 2 1*s?!? They must be lying about the drop rate!!!! It's usually a slap in the face. I like the fact that you are branching out with spit.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 839 ★★★
    Yet another reason why EVERYONE keeps saying: "NEVER SELL CHAMPS".
    You start the game with 1* spider-man and 1* Iron Man, and you get 1* champs from daily crystals till you clear Act 4.
    There's no way you don't have 1* in your roster, unless you sold them.
    So it's not even close to a ripoff. It's called "people paying for stupid mistakes they made".
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 135
    RoninMan said:

Scmb_666 said:

This crystal is ridiculous. Needs to be cheaper and 100%.

Why did I sell my 1*s?

Because u never needed them until now!!!

Great reasoning for selling champs. I don’t need my TV when I’m at work so I guess I should just throw it in the trash on my way to work.
    Isn't it rational to turn something you don't value or have use for into something you do value or need. If you'd never used your TV wouldn't it make sense to sell or donate it?
  • JB0617JB0617 Posts: 5

To be honest having to use 1* and 2* this variant was refreshing and enjoyable
    They were gathering dust in my roster for a loong time
    A refreshing and a welcome change from the trend of using god tiers 5*s and 6*s to storm through a content

Nobody is arguing that. I have plenty of 2/3* that I ranked up and use in arena bc I do enjoy playing those champs I may never get at 5/6*. My main complaint is that 5* champs u can’t sell bc it is pro kabam same for t4 class catalyst, the want to make money off of it so they block our ability to sell them. If you know you will in the future make content for 1* champs block the ability to sell them so people don’t get crapped on for making a poor decision in the first few weeks of learning and playing the game OR make the 1* an option to purchase with the PHC not this 20% chance for 50units that’s a clear cash grab.
  • DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 487 ★★
    The fact you need to use 1 and 2 stars actually sounds really fun. Not being able to rely on overpowered god tier champs. And everyone can rank them up (if you have not sold them) and actually has an equal chance in those last 3 chapters. Because everyone has a lot of the 2 and 3 star versions of champs. And can easily max them out. So in that regard the last 3 (I could even argue 4) chapters of this variant are very UN-Whale like.
    I do agree that there should have been a 1 star as sort of a gift when this variant released. So that you could atleast enter the quest, even if it was just with 1 champ.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 822 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    I really think that the ability to sell champions should just be removed outright. Enough said.

And also I'd say it'd be a good idea to make 1-star crystals available occasionally through Quickmatch. say once every month or so
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 12

I mean, just because you aren't going to use them in the contest

does not mean you should sell them...

Exactly, just because nobody was using 1* champs anymore.

does not mean you stoped releasing 1* new champs @Kabam Miike and team or you stop giving old ones in quest anymore.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 2,886 ★★★

You also got 1* champs in the Daily Crystals, up until you become Uncollected wherein the Daily ones change to NOT have 1* anymore.

Of course, people become Uncollected very quickly nowadays, so could very well be that people aren’t getting the full set of 1* by that time (?)

Actually 1*s are no longer in the daily crystals once u beat act 4 and get the conquerer title
    Then that must have been a change (completing ACT-4) since the time I did it. I was still receiving 1* in the Daily crystals up until I became Uncollected.

When did you get a change to your 4-hour FREE Crystals ?? Was it after ACT-4 as well, or only after Uncollected ??
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 2,908 ★★★★★
    Mandi87 said:

I am completely ok with buying crystals. However changing drop rates like this is unacceptable. I know that people who have sold their champs are to blame themselves but 20% drop rates for 1*. I mean c'mon. Have you ever seen a legendary crystal with 80% drop rates for 5* and 20% for 4*? No, right. How can a lower star variant have lower drop rates than higher star version?? Kabam not cool.

It's an old crystal from very early in the game that was meant to help get 2*s. I don't personally remember there being a 1* crystal before
    edited December 2019

I really think that the ability to sell champions should just be removed outright. Enough said.

And also I'd say it'd be a good idea to make 1-star crystals available occasionally through Quickmatch. say once every month or so

Completely agree with you. If they made them accessible for all level of players at any point beyond the first month or so (depending ability to clear act 4) of playing the game a lot of people wouldn’t be annoyed.
    Savio444 said:

They know you need 1* so they put it a 20% even though usually it’s the higher star level that has low chance.

Or they just reissued the very old crystal that was meant to help players get 2* bc from my recollection there wasn't an actual 1* specific crystal. This isnt a new crystal they made and put out. They just reintroduced it since I at least gave availability of 1*s again
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 608 ★★★
    Mandi87 said:

I am completely ok with buying crystals. However changing drop rates like this is unacceptable. I know that people who have sold their champs are to blame themselves but 20% drop rates for 1*. I mean c'mon. Have you ever seen a legendary crystal with 80% drop rates for 5* and 20% for 4*? No, right. How can a lower star variant have lower drop rates than higher star version?? Kabam not cool.

They havent changed anything that crystal has been available before with the same drop rates
    Haji_Saab said:

RoninMan said:

Scmb_666 said:

This crystal is ridiculous. Needs to be cheaper and 100%.

Why did I sell my 1*s?

Because u never needed them until now!!!

Great reasoning for selling champs. I don’t need my TV when I’m at work so I guess I should just throw it in the trash on my way to work.

Do you still own your old CRT TV?
    Something like a TV takes up space that I either need for something else or have to pay extra for in storage. This certainly is not the case here
    JB0617 said:

Completely agree with you. If they made them accessible for all level of players at any point beyond the first month or so (depending ability to clear act 4) of playing the game a lot of people wouldn’t be annoyed.
    To be fair they've never said they wont do that at some point. It doesnt mean they have to do it right now just bc those that sold champs want to finish this quest right now though

JB0617 said:

To be fair they've never said they wont do that at some point. It doesnt mean they have to do it right now just bc those that sold champs want to finish this quest right now though
    Thanks I was trying to get confirmation on this. If they plan to great but I couldn’t find the post from them about it.
    JB0617 said:

JB0617 said:

Thanks I was trying to get confirmation on this. If they plan to great but I couldn’t find the post from them about it.
    They haven't come out and said they will or they won't. The content isnt going anywhere though
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,977 ★★★★★
    tbos42 said:

This is yet another ridiculous cash grab by Kabam. No coincidence that they add this crystal with reverse odds( the lower * champ at 20%) only when we need one stars. Isn't there a higher integrity way to do this? EVERY crystal ever put out had normal scaling odds where the higher tier champ has the lower odds of pulling. Disgusting Kabam, truly.

Did they force you to sell the champs? Kabams stance has always been to not sell champs. 100% your fault.
    Jaina97 said:

Also, everyone saying, "It's permanent content, there's no need to hurry", that argument works for content whose requirements can be met by playing other areas of the game. That argument is perfectly sound for a piece of content like variant 1 which is extremely roster depth demanding and that demand can be fulfilled by acquiring new champions and ranking them up to suit your needs from sources like arena, aw, aq, monthly eq, story quests, etc. Where can I get 1 stars? Kabam hasn't even had the decency to tell us if there will be a way to acquire them besides terrible value 50 unit crystals. And that's the problem. This is not even pay to win anymore. Its straight up pay to play.

If only there was a way to get units without spending money...
  • MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101
    @Jaina97 Thank you for taking the time to say that. I have been wanting to say exactly the same thing. If Kabam is going to make content restricted by champs that cannot be obtained anymore they need to offer a better solution to accessing the 1* champions.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 337 ★★
    Shouldn't have sold them.

Now you want a get out of jail free card.

Hilarious
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 2,886 ★★★
    So let’s bring back permanently the ability for DAILY crystals to award 1* champs, lol.

As it is, everyone screaming that 2* and 3* should never be in any common crystal anymore, and even that 4* are totally worthless because of ACT-7 (or whatever it is, lol).
  • MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101

Shouldn't have sold them.

Now you want a get out of jail free card.

Hilarious

All other champion rarities are still available for free, why would you defend the fact that 1* are behind a pay wall?
This discussion has been closed.