**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Skill champion struggle

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
I have found myself in a rather tricky situation. My 5* R4s are: Domino, Venom (undupped, going to R5), CapIW(dupped), Sentry (undupped, regret this rankup lol), Doc Ock (undupped).

Now I need a skill champion on R4, as I am sitting on R3->4 skill gem and I need a fifth class of champions.

My skill champs are:
netflix DD (dupped)
bpcw (dupped)
crossbones (undupped)
elektra (dupped)
Killmonger (undupped)
Korg (undupped)
Night Thrasher (undupped)
Ronin (undupped)

Now I have these options:
1) rankup Ronin without awakening
2) rankup Night Thrasher and give him generic AG
3) rankup Killmonger and Sabretooth and give class AG to Omega and the generic one to Void
4) wait for Fury
5) other (comment which)

Fyi: I have not tried Variants nor Act 6, I do not run suicides and basicly only suicides friendly champs I have are Omega and Sentinel. I also really like playing Night Thrasher and find Omega rather hard to master without suicides. Also I am not in top tier alliance, so I het resources rather slowly, so option number 3) would take quite some time.

Please comment below which option is the best (giving a reason for it is highly appreciated)

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Ronin doesn’t need his sig and has some pretty nice uses without an overly complicated setup. NT is a great option too but he needs his sig and I wouldn’t consider him generic AG worthy. KM is probably your best choice here as you mentioned you can awaken Omega and Void which are very great champs and that trio would serve you very well for a wide variety of content.
  • Kerneas said:

Now I have these options:
    1) rankup Ronin without awakening
    2) rankup Night Thrasher and give him generic AG
    3) rankup Killmonger and Sabretooth and give class AG to Omega and the generic one to Void
    4) wait for Fury
    5) other (comment which)

I would probably go (3). It is difficult to say what the best rank up choices are without knowing a lot of context (not just what the current roster looks like, but what kinds of content you're doing now and what is giving you the most trouble) but I would definitely consider Killmonger a solid rank 4 choice. I would consider Omega Red one of the top choices for an awakening gem. And Void is also a solid choice for an awakening gem and worth a generic in my opinion. Sabretooth is a decent rank up choice and does have the synergy if that's what you were thinking.

Killmonger is not just good for the True Strike but when played well he also has some interesting mechanics, like the ability to tank SP3 attacks using his SP2 indestructible charges. Omega Red is a pretty strong beast and wonderful for things like biohazard nodes and fighting bleed triggering champs like Morningstar, on top of being able to kill by just standing there. And Void isn't just solid for heal reversal like many used to think in the past, he is also incinerate immune (great for things like freezer burn or fighting champs like Torch) and he has a very long-reach heavy which can be important in many situations (for example fighting auto-blocking champs). Sabretooth is a good damage dealer; probably not the best choice on his own but with the synergy combinations he becomes an interesting choice in combination with the others.