**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 6.2.6 Champion Boss (Constructive Criticism)

Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
Dear Developers

I know already a lot of people said a lot about it. I just wanted to add/repeat some points so that you guys in future design content in a fair way and by feedbacks of community.
I’ve never seen a fight that is this much tough that you can’t win even after burning hell of units. I’ve been playing since 4 years and completed every quests no matter how high the level of difficulty is whether it’s LOL (using 4*) or those “Coulsen challenges” in early days of this game. I always farm units and do quests. But this time I’m almost exhausted on this champion boss.
I have no regrets in accepting that I cannot dodge his specials and that too 5 times in the same fight.
Before this quest i ran through 6.2.1 to 6.2.5 with few revives and also to 10% of Champion boss health easily but after that he gave me so much pain.
Needless to say, i tried 50-60 duels with him but still no results. My reflexes aren’t gonna do this fight.
In end tiers of game you first need good champs to clear the quests but even if you chose other non-compatible champs on the stake of hard earned units the nodes like this takes all the fun away.

Suggestions:
If you want to make node tougher then add extra health, power gain, biohazard etc whatever you want (i can easily accept the CALTROPS also) like you did with Crossbones boss of Act 6.1.5, even i have no problem in fighting if MAESTRO of LOL be the boss instead of Champion that atleast guarantees that the quest can be achievable

Another suggestion could be re-design the animation of Champion’s special attacks so it could be dex easily.

But in this current state i just only pass it and hardly think of re-attempting it.

Thanks

Comments

• Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Agentk said:

Nah like it’s a tough challenge but it is skill based for the last 10% which is better then just adding artificial difficulty

@Agentk maybe that’s your perception but I know I’m not that bad in skills and can do a lot of things very easily when compared to lot of players.
    If i was wrong then there aren’t many people already saying this on forums.
    The major thing is people losing interest in Act6. Other day also someone posted a thread asking people to know the reason why they not doing Act6.2 and Act6.3.? The reason is simple... the content doesn’t allow them to do so.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Dear Developers

I know already a lot of people said a lot about it. I just wanted to add/repeat some points so that you guys in future design content in a fair way and by feedbacks of community.
    I’ve never seen a fight that is this much tough that you can’t win even after burning hell of units. I’ve been playing since 4 years and completed every quests no matter how high the level of difficulty is whether it’s LOL (using 4*) or those “Coulsen challenges” in early days of this game. I always farm units and do quests. But this time I’m almost exhausted on this champion boss.
    I have no regrets in accepting that I cannot dodge his specials and that too 5 times in the same fight.
    Before this quest i ran through 6.2.1 to 6.2.5 with few revives and also to 10% of Champion boss health easily but after that he gave me so much pain.
    Needless to say, i tried 50-60 duels with him but still no results. My reflexes aren’t gonna do this fight.
    In end tiers of game you first need good champs to clear the quests but even if you chose other non-compatible champs on the stake of hard earned units the nodes like this takes all the fun away.

Suggestions:
    If you want to make node tougher then add extra health, power gain, biohazard etc whatever you want (i can easily accept the CALTROPS also) like you did with Crossbones boss of Act 6.1.5, even i have no problem in fighting if MAESTRO of LOL be the boss instead of Champion that atleast guarantees that the quest can be achievable

Another suggestion could be re-design the animation of Champion’s special attacks so it could be dex easily.

But in this current state i just only pass it and hardly think of re-attempting it.

Thanks

You need a right champ for the last 10%. CAIW is the best option because he can block sp1 multiple times.
    GOTG said:

Dear Developers

Suggestions:

Thanks

You need a right champ for the last 10%. CAIW is the best option because he can block sp1 multiple times.
    Bro i used Morningstar against him
    Specifically ranked her up for this quest and built 5 souls somehow to get maximum damage and block proficiency. Still got failed :😖
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    There are plenty of solos with different champions out there. Lagacy with stealthy, MSD with she-hulk. Git gud
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I 100% agree with the OP. The Champion boss’s buffs require “olympic” level mcoc skill in which I don’t think the vast majority of players are. I’ve played this game long enough to beat almost every content but The Champion is one of those that demand a skill level that even some veteran players (myself included) just cannot beat. (I asked a friend to help, and this was the only fight I ever asked for help).

I also couldn’t beat UC Thanos so I just didn’t do the Uncollected Infinity War event last year.
    raffster said:

I 100% agree with the OP. The Champion boss’s buffs require “olympic” level mcoc skill in which I don’t think the vast majority of players are. I’ve played this game long enough to beat almost every content but The Champion is one of those that demand a skill level that even some veteran players (myself included) just cannot beat. (I asked a friend to help, and this was the only fight I ever asked for help).

I also couldn’t beat UC Thanos so I just didn’t do the Uncollected Infinity War event last year.

Yes that’s what exactly I’m saying
    We can skip the uncollected because it is monthly but story quests shouldn’t go like this
    They hadn’t made any boss of Act6.3 like this..

Even for Act5 Ultron boss they did a good job but I can’t find no place where the boss is unbeatable
  • Bomber111Bomber111 Posts: 35
    raffster said:

I’m in same boat as you bud. This was only fight I ever couldn’t do myself. It is somewhat roster dependent as much of 6.2 is. I am hoping they will one day at least update the gates much like they updated LOL by removing Dulled global node.

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    The only bad part imo is you can't nullify his buffs, but final phase where you need to dex is the most fun of the fight. Check out yt vids, you can dash to him in his sp1 and dex, just need to get the timing right and counter unstoppable. I'm more disappointed with 4* and 3* being not allowed in act 6
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    @RazorDevil I think the op is saying that the fight is extremely difficult not impossible. You need to understand, if vast majority of people say that it is hard, that means it's hard. It doesn't matter whether or not YOU think it's not. @Horror_punk I agree with you 100% and i am very fresh feeling that disappointment because I tried it last night and got him to 10% and just kept dying (I do not own 5* CAPIW) When I had less than 100 units left, I revived and healed my SS to the max so I can give him a best shot and by luck, i got 2 charges off of him but I took too much block dmg and just died. However, I watch BG one shot him with SS itemless and Champion also had power gain node that time as well. I know I'm not nearly as good as him so I probably won't try it anytime soon.
    jkcjmiji said:

@RazorDevil I think the op is saying that the fight is extremely difficult not impossible. You need to understand, if vast majority of people say that it is hard, that means it's hard. It doesn't matter whether or not YOU think it's not. @Horror_punk I agree with you 100% and i am very fresh feeling that disappointment because I tried it last night and got him to 10% and just kept dying (I do not own 5* CAPIW) When I had less than 100 units left, I revived and healed my SS to the max so I can give him a best shot and by luck, i got 2 charges off of him but I took too much block dmg and just died. However, I watch BG one shot him with SS itemless and Champion also had power gain node that time as well. I know I'm not nearly as good as him so I probably won't try it anytime soon.

Look mate I’m not saying tough content shouldn’t be introduced but this isn’t tough this is completely unplayable
    I’ve explored all variants but the kind of node that champion have is totally opposite to my reflexes. I may get 1-2 charges off in a fight but getting 5 is beyond my reflexes
    You can look at all the other bosses of act6.2 and compare them with champion. The level of difficulty is way too much
    Even the collector boss was beatable but this is beyond sickness
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    It is a hard fight if you don't have the right champs or if you don't practice. Thats the main thing you have to do with Champion. Run through every day and fight him a few times and practice getting down the pattern. Once you get it down it's easy just like every other fight in the game. Korg was nearly impossible until I got down how to fight him. Every champ has a pattern you can do to beat them you just need to put the time in. Champion isn't supposed to be easy. Spend some units on energy refills and practice a few times a day you can 1 shot him after about 2 weeks.
    Agentk said:

Collector was much much worse champion fight requires skill for the last 10%
    Also the reason people aren’t doing act 6 is due to exploration of 6:2 and fights like 6.2.2 mr sinister and the gates I wouldn’t say it’s because of the champion

Mr. Sinister is damn easy fight of 6.2
    If you saying that tough or collector fight tough then I guess I’m arguing with wrong person
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    The last 10% is easy with ms at 5 souls
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 282 ★★
    I watched the vids for this fight, learned the technique, practiced the technique, and got him down with an R3 5* beardo. I had to revive about 7 times because I kept messing up, but it is doable. Just need to play patiently and learn the technique for rushing in during his SP1 then dexing back. I felt really accomplished when I got him down, it was tough but I kept at it and got him. Used an R5 SS for the first 90%. Watch the vids and practice, don't spend on units, just bail out and try again another day.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited December 2019
    Forgot to mention alot of YTs & allies RUp She-Hulk before her "Nerf",...which they then received RDown Tickets. That only rewarded the 1st "testers" again if they weren't She-Hulk lovers. Sure it can be done w/others,..but she was The Champion Boss killer,..hands down. The jedi who beat him at NYCC even shouted that out,...but still used her post Nerf. Just something to consider mates :-)
    Side note: I don't think any fight should not be won without taking huge unavoidable damage, which the Meta has gone to in 2019 w/new fun & interactive champ/nodes. Lol) Kabam will eventually paint themselves in a corner with that shtuff,.., except for whales who "bought" every champ.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Using Variant (maybe except V1), is a bad gauge given how easy V2/3/4 is..

Agentk said:

Also the reason people aren’t doing act 6 is due to exploration of 6:2 and fights like 6.2.2 mr sinister and the gates I wouldn’t say it’s because of the champion

If you saying that tough or collector fight tough then I guess I’m arguing with wrong person
    Feel free to go and one shot the collector with a 4/40 or 5/50 4* that was in game when the collector fight was released if you feel it's not a tough fight. It's not near as tough now bc there are far higher ranked and newer champs available to deal with it. It was an incredibly cheap fight when it was released and much worse than the champion. The only difference is people were able to brute force the fight with items/units. With this one you can't.

The champion fight is absolutely tough but especially just a completion run is more than manageable with some practice. Plenty of people have fully explored 6.2 already we're definitely not all pro players
    @Worknprogress i did that 2 years back without any items. Maybe you don’t know but I’m playing from 4 years and completed everything whether using units or without using it and that collector’s fight isn’t that hard imo. Maybe for you it’s a item/units grab but not for me.
    I’ve witnessed many single shot fights whether it was ice-phoenix of Inverted thanos so please don’t say those are tough
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    You don't know how to dex?
    solopolo said:

You don't know how to dex?

No sorry Solopolo 😐

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Agentk said:

Feel free to go and one shot the collector with a 4/40 or 5/50 4* that was in game when the collector fight was released if you feel it's not a tough fight. It's not near as tough now bc there are far higher ranked and newer champs available to deal with it. It was an incredibly cheap fight when it was released and much worse than the champion. The only difference is people were able to brute force the fight with items/units. With this one you can't.

The champion fight is absolutely tough but especially just a completion run is more than manageable with some practice. Plenty of people have fully explored 6.2 already we're definitely not all pro players
    @Worknprogress i did that 2 years back without any items. Maybe you don’t know but I’m playing from 4 years and completed everything whether using units or without using it and that collector’s fight isn’t that hard imo. Maybe for you it’s a item/units grab but not for me.
    I’ve witnessed many single shot fights whether it was ice-phoenix of Inverted thanos so please don’t say those are tough
    I have a hard time believing that you can take the collector down itemless with 4/40s but cant beat the champion at all. And according to your original post you define haven't completed everything bc you cant seem to beat this fight

I've finished everything myself barring 6.3 which is 70% explored currently. If I, who apparently is a scrub in your opinion who cant take the collector down with 4*s and no items, can fully explore 6.2. I think you and your amazing skills can figure it out once.

Agentk said:

I have a hard time believing that you can take the collector down itemless with 4/40s but cant beat the champion at all. And according to your original post you define haven't completed everything bc you cant seem to beat this fight

I've finished everything myself barring 6.3 which is 70% explored currently. If I, who apparently is a scrub in your opinion who cant take the collector down with 4*s and no items, can fully explore 6.2. I think you and your amazing skills can figure it out once.
    Yes I’ll try for sure
    It’s just like something easier to you maybe difficult for someone else or vice versa
  • onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    edited December 2019
    i just found out how difficult this 10% fight is. it ridiculous! I don't have Capiw. Hope Kabam reduce the indestructible charge to 3 or less. If not create a champ that can easily beat this. If not i will be stuck here forever.