**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What if YOU were chosen to design a Boss Rush fight?

Comments

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Champion: Magik

Nodes: Power Shield, Power Struggle and Special One Bias.

Power Shield - Your basic attacks deal no damage, but your special attacks deal 400% more damage.
    Power Struggle - Your basic attacks generate no power. Every time the defender gains a bar of power, you also gain one. When the defender uses a special attack, you lose the same amount of power.
    Special One Bias - The defender is more likely to activate a Special One.

Initially, I thought that the Power Struggle and Power Shield node combo would be a good mix up. Adding the Special One Bias node makes you rush to use your Special One before the opponent does. So I only needed a champ that would fit with this mix up...
    After some time thinking, I thought that Magik would be a good one. Once she gains a bar of power she has the chance to activate limbo. Limbo will prevent you from using your special one, because it would be completely regenerated once it was over. To make this fight more viable, her signature ability would be low, so that there’s a bigger chance she won’t activate it.

Counters:
    Champions that cause Ability Accuracy Reduction would have some advantage, since they would increase the chances of Magik not activating Limbo, like a duped OG Black Widow, for example.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Thi101 said:

Power Shield - Your basic attacks deal no damage, but your special attacks deal 400% more damage.
    Power Struggle - Your basic attacks generate no power. Every time the defender gains a bar of power, you also gain one. When the defender uses a special attack, you lose the same amount of power.

Initially, I thought that the Power Struggle and Power Shield node combo would be a good mix up. Adding the Special One Bias node makes you rush to use your Special One before the opponent does. So I only needed a champ that would fit with this mix up...
    After some time thinking, I thought that Magik would be a good one. Once she gains a bar of power she has the chance to activate limbo. Limbo will prevent you from using your special one, because it would be completely regenerated once it was over. To make this fight more viable, her signature ability would be low, so that there’s a bigger chance she won’t activate it.

Counters:
    Champions that cause Ability Accuracy Reduction would have some advantage, since they would increase the chances of Magik not activating Limbo, like a duped OG Black Widow, for example.

Seems like an easy matchup for Blade. Very creative though

Seems like an easy matchup for Blade. Very creative though

Pretty much everyone that bleeds is a easy matchup for blade lol
  • Thi101 said:

Counters:

It is an interesting idea, but it does have a lot of counters. Besides Blade that was already mentioned, Gladiator Hulk would be good because he counters Limbo's damage and he can heal block which counters Limbo's damage rewind. Champs that don't need to feed Magik power would also be good like Void or Omega Red, both of which could just degen her down. Poisons also work to both DoT and negate healing. And one of the MVPs of Boss Rush 2 would probably work here as well: Sparky. He could build up a ton of poise, then push to one bar and immediately stun Magik, then try to crit her to death as fast as possible.

Still, I like the thought process.
    DNA3000 said:

Still, I like the thought process.

Thanks for the feedback u.u
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    MrSinister
    Debuff Immune, plus a node that allows damage only on crits.
    Enjoy the fight
    (pretty similar fight to SS) lol
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Punisher (w/ high sig)

True strike
    Invade
    Aggressive

Basically this fight is designed to make you take a load of block damage unless you have a power controller or can get him down quickly
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Vision Aarkus (sig 200)

Buffet
    Power shield
    Tiranny

But my favourite would be:
    Venom
    Dash vulnerability
    Stun vulnerability
    Power shield 400%
    (But 1M health, I just wanna see some big numbers)
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    The Champion on the Final Node

Nullify Immunity
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I mentioned this in my designer notes thread but the absolute hardest "skill-based" fight I could think of under these basic rules was:

Power Struggle
    Power Shield
    Destructive Feedback

There are lots of possible champs that would be especially nasty in that node combination but the one I chose as especially skill-based but nasty was Korg. Korg is really nasty to fight but you can skill past him: you can avoid reflected damage with light attacks and you can evade both specials, although SP1 is one of the harder specials to evade that can actually be evaded at all by the player (I'm horrible at it myself).

The node combination is entirely skill based but requires incredible mental gymnastics. Power shield means you can only do damage with specials. Power struggle means you will only gain power after the target gains a full bar of power, and you'll lose it if the target shoots specials first. Destructive Feedback means all damage you do gets reflected back to you if you allow the target to make contact with you while the DF shield is up.

So this combination is technically all skill. It is possible to do this fight with any champion in theory, and there is technically no unavoidable damage. But it would require the player to constantly keep track of Korg's shield, Korg's power, your power, destructive feedback's timer, and be a Korg-killing intercept god.

The fourth node addition would make this sadistic beyond belief: Limber.

Ghost esay peasy
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Starlord:
    Combo Shield
    Aggressive
    Limber
  • Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

I mentioned this in my designer notes thread but the absolute hardest "skill-based" fight I could think of under these basic rules was:

Power Struggle
    Power Shield
    Destructive Feedback

There are lots of possible champs that would be especially nasty in that node combination but the one I chose as especially skill-based but nasty was Korg. Korg is really nasty to fight but you can skill past him: you can avoid reflected damage with light attacks and you can evade both specials, although SP1 is one of the harder specials to evade that can actually be evaded at all by the player (I'm horrible at it myself).

The node combination is entirely skill based but requires incredible mental gymnastics. Power shield means you can only do damage with specials. Power struggle means you will only gain power after the target gains a full bar of power, and you'll lose it if the target shoots specials first. Destructive Feedback means all damage you do gets reflected back to you if you allow the target to make contact with you while the DF shield is up.

So this combination is technically all skill. It is possible to do this fight with any champion in theory, and there is technically no unavoidable damage. But it would require the player to constantly keep track of Korg's shield, Korg's power, your power, destructive feedback's timer, and be a Korg-killing intercept god.

The fourth node addition would make this sadistic beyond belief: Limber.

Ghost esay peasy
    Someone that is already good at playing Ghost probably has the skills to neutralize Destructive Feedback, but I suspect this fight would still be harder than normal for even a very good Ghost driver. But I would love to see the result. I suspect this is one of the better options, but I have my doubts it would be easy.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Doable, but nasty
    Warlock

Nodes:
    Close Encounters
    Life transfer
    Stun immune
  • I would design it for the employees of Kabam.
    It would be the Champion Boss in chapter 2 of act 6. If they beat it, I would try again.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Gwenpool

-Power shield
    -Bleed vulnerability

Then

-Poison vulnerability (to make the fight easier)
    Or
    -Lifecycle (to make the fight harder)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    200% powergain
    Spam l1
    Unblockable l1
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    My best choice about a Hyperion with
    All or nothing
    Vivified(hyperions power gain is increased by 200% and they are immune to power drain and power lock) this node was a part of map 7 release
    Power gain 200%
    Think about this fight magik power lock is useless
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Night thrasher

Powershield
    Mighty Charge
    Safe guard
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★

With all the buzz going around with the Community Boss Rush, now would be a good time to go crazy with your imagination.

Write your node/champion combinations in this thread. The rules are : -

1) You're allowed to use three nodes
    2) You can use all characters except the NPC's such as The Collector or Maestro
    3) Try not to make the fight too fun and interactive, and don't make it too easy either.

GO!

Champion : AEgon
    Nodes : Flare
    Life transfer
    Debuff immune, think thatd be fun, but make it a super stacked version of aegon
    Oh wow. They revived this one too lol
  • Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59
    Lvernon15 said:

Chanpion: doctor voodoo
    Nodes: buffed up, do you bleed, ensnare cosmic.
    Fight plan, it seems impossible, what non cosmics bleed a fair bit and have 3 buffs, but it’s not, voodoo can place loas onto you so you can get buffs from him (also it would have a super low attack)

Can't make buffed up fights when heimdall, Angela and magik exist mate
    ItsDamien said:

Green Goblin
    Debuff Immune
    Enhanced Abilities
    Force of Will

Have fun 😂

My r2 6 star warlock will 🙂
    How about..

Namor

Aspect of evolution
    Power efficiency
    Lionheart

Champion: Mordo
    Nodes: Slumber, Buff Duration, Increased power gain

Ghost can defeat him easy. Just dash back, phase and dash in. Mordo can’t evade ghosts crits
    The first time you hit him, it will remove the stun. You can still ghost him, but I thought I'd point that out
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Still waiting for the chance to make a Groot fight.
  • Newman0067Newman0067 Posts: 68
    Would go for somthing Bulky like sentinel
    3 nodes huh ,if I was feeling like kabam I would go:
    -power lock (for the sp1)
    -special delivery
    -and hurt locker (Neyh heh heh )
    Nasty to play around ,however you can get rid of that hurt locker blast but hitting with a heavy ,right ?
    Anyway this was an amazing question ,would love for kabam to pick maybe six of these at random and implement this in as a "community challenge" @Kabam Miike ,what do you think ?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Let me guess on a Aegis heavy node?
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

Aryl said:

Let me guess on a Aegis heavy node?
    No, I would make it far worse.

Something like rage, 95% mystic ward, safeguard.