**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The final variant quest is badly designed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Or maybe the bleed node is there for future benefit, so that as time progresses other options will become available that make that path easier, that simply don't exist now. Because good game design when it comes to content that's going to be around forever would suggest that the content should be as difficult as possible given the options available at release, and get easier over time to become more inclusive over time as better options become available.

I for one can't wait to see the new additions to the 1* pool of 12, which has been that way for 5 years.
  • Options
    Caustic temper, xpool deadforce and having to fight Mordo 3 times makes what could have been a great peice of content pretty trash for the rewards. I have completed ch.1, ch.3 and explored ch.2 and I’ve already spent around 900 units. Don’t have time to grind pots rn. For completing v4 I duped black panther classic, got a tech 2-3, mutant 2-3, and of course science 2-3 gems. And what do you know, I also got a science 3-4 gem... oh yeah, how could I forget. A 4-5 SCIENCE GEM! AND A SCIENCE AWAKENING GEM! And no one to use them on, if I ever get void or quake it might be a little better but who knows if that’ll happen, even if I do get both of them I know there’ll be more science gems and t4cc coming that will be useless after they’re ranked up. This is a waste of 900 units imo. Not to mention people don’t have the character that I had to get through that caustic path, so they have to spend, possibly a ton of units, JUST TO GET A 1* CHARACTER WITH NO USE IN ANY CONTENT BUT THIS. I see some people have spent more than me just to get a champ, before spending on resources in the actual content. This is why I don’t spend money on this game, it’s not worth it. Look at what we’re doing and how much time/money we’re putting into this 1 peice of content for 1 time rewards that suck. It’s not going to suck for everyone but for what could be about 90% of us, all we’re going to get out of this is a bunch of science gems and duped garbage. Technically this quest is a paid transaction. We spend units if necessary as well as time to get through the content to get the rewards. If spending thousands of units or even 1 unit is worth those rewards to you, more power to you but this is reason for me to think about not playing anymore. It’s not all bad but when it is, it’s horrible. V3 was well designed, nothing cheap except for the Rogue and Void fights but they were pretty manageable. There is a difference between difficulty and just being a cheap troll. Magik on a caustic temper path = cheap. Moonknight with indestructible charges that are lost with every hit/bleed = difficult. One can be done only with resources and one very specific and rare character. The other can be done with a few characters that make the fight easier or any other character for a longer fight but no resources are needed if you have skill/knowledge. Stop trying to milk us kabam. Sorry for the rant.
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Hulk and vision easily cover those paths. Just the mordo sucks
    MattMan said:

Agentk said:

Pintzz said:

Hulk and vision easily cover those paths. Just the mordo sucks

Please show me a vision doing caustic temper magik easily
    He can’t lol. I’d bet $$$ he hasn’t touched those lanes yet

• Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    You can use hulk for caustic temper and vision for biohazard. Pretty simple to figure that out
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Seemed fun and enjoyable to me. If you are struggling just wait till you have the champs to tackle the nodes

It was definitely fun. I totally went in there with different teams that I have always wanted to use for something significant.

Taskmaster was my 2-star chapter boss killer. I understand the comments of others, but it was fun playing with different characters
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Dshu said:

Seemed fun and enjoyable to me. If you are struggling just wait till you have the champs to tackle the nodes

It was definitely fun. I totally went in there with different teams that I have always wanted to use for something significant.

Taskmaster was my 2-star chapter boss killer. I understand the comments of others, but it was fun playing with different characters
    I think that was the point. Using Champs you don't normally use.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Corby11 said:

Before someone says it I know Colossus isn’t poison immune but with willpower on he might have worked, as said hulk was fine even against Electra.

He still wouldn't have worked as his heavy grants passive fury which wouldn't have helped on caustic temper node
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    I actually think this is the best of the Variants. I can see where the Caustic Temper node may be an issue but it's not like they made a path designed for a champ that didnt exist as a 1*. The 1* quest is very doable with the 6 basic 1*s(Gamora, Hulk, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Colossus) sure having the rare 1*s like Wolverine and Hawkeye help, but they arent needed. I think the bigger problem isnt the CT lane it's the Caustic Temper Mordo. Mordo is already one of the worst champs to fight in the game because all he does is dash back and turtle.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    The Mordo fight sucked, but the rest of that lane was easy. Biohazard lane was super easy. I used OG Panther and bled everyone out. Before the next fight I used a small pot to top off. Never thought those useless things would be helpful again.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    If you were to know that you’ll die, force quit, go in with half life and heal to full with 1 L2 pot.

Did it on my alt for 3-4 revives in total. 0 units spent.