**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

NaTiSaAd said:

Lormif said:

dcw_ said:

Lormif said:

Dont do multiple attacks in block if they have a bar or more of power.

That’s a joke right?
    if I told you not to intercept when the opponent had a full bar of power would you consider that a joke as well? Why would you expect the AI to not do something players can do?
    We can’t evade while the AI is hitting into our block, so we should expect the AI to not be able to as well. If you can, let’s see your video proof. There are many champions that are designed specifically to benefit from hitting into blocks i.e. Omega Red, Sentinel, Massacre to name a few. This bug prevents them from being able to do so effectively. So yeah, go troll somewhere else.
    We actually can evade while the AI is hitting into our blocks, we can also launch specials.
    I've made the point before and will do it again: we cannot do so with consistency, while the a.i. can do it whenever it wants. That's the big difference. If you can show me a video where you evade during every combo in a fight, then I will accept what you say. But something that occurs intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it doesnt count as a real fight mechanic. Playing around something that is either a bug or a cheap shot by devs is not a real strategy and is not fair.
    you can do it consistently if you have the timing down, I have already posted a video in this thread of me doing it. It does not happen "intermittently whenever the game allows us to do it", it is a real fight mechanic. the only time you cannot evade is during specific double attacks like Domino medium charge where the game locks the inputs to prevent you from mistiming a very difficult to time evade. I am sorry you do not have the timing for that down, but that in no way means the maneuver if not available to you.
    You posted a video in this thread already, huh. That’s funny, I looked through this entire thread and not a single video posted by you. You know what, the mods must have removed it as they didn’t want you defending them. Once again, if you’re so amazing with your timing and this issue doesn’t affect you, then why are you even in this thread? Keep your BS to yourself.
    I get hit with them throwing specials or evading as well, but the mods have quite litterally stated the AI has always been able to do that, so I adjust, I dont keep complaining about it.
    If it truly was always possible, the AI never utilized it before this issue was first reported. So something would have to have been changed intentionally or it’s a bug. There never was an announced change or an acknowledged change. We’ve all had to adjust otherwise you can’t progress through the most difficult content. Our “complaining” is down to the fact that something changed but no one from Kabam will acknowledge it. If they just came out and said yeah we changed the aggressiveness of the AI to utilize this possibility then fine. I’d be mad, but I’d accept it. The mods have asked for specific examples with specific information from players of when this occurs in this thread. You haven’t provided one from what I have seen. Either contribute helpful information or troll elsewhere.
    Except you cannot prove it never happened before, all you can prove is that you never remember seeing it yourself, so your facts are nothing more than anecdotes. Personally I think the increased rate has more to do with optimized systems freeing up the AI which they did around the time they forced opened crystals in combination with faster phones..... I am staying on topic and staying in the forum rules, where as you are continuously breaking them, you troll elsewhere.

If this was not potentially a bug, the thread would have been closed already. If the conversation was over with kabam already giving a solid answer, it would also be closed. To say "the mods say it was always a possibility" is equivalent to saying theres no problem, in the context that you also never disagree with that. Also choosing the dev's advocate in the conversation is itself necessitated on being of the opposing opinion of most of the posters here, by virtue of being the advocate in the first place. Anecdotal evidence is still evidence. The game is doing a weird thing, we're here to have a conversation about it, yes?

anecdotal evidence is not good evidence. It is the same type of evidence as saying the earth is flat because I dont see a curve, it never proves anything. Also your logic on closing the thread is flawed, they do not close all threads which report non bugs, they typically do that when it stops being civil such as with people calling others trolls and insulting them for merely disagreeing with them. Stop with the logical fallacies please.

Actually anecdotal evidence is the equivalent of witness testimony, which very often proves things. Granted none of us are under oath, but I also dont think any of us are lying. And they do close threads that talk about bugs that arent bugs as if they are bugs. Again, very often.

witness testimony is considered the least reliable evidence you can provide, this is why we move to things such as DNA and fingerprints and end up releasing a large amount of criminals who were falsely convicted solely on witnesses. Also it is not statistically relevant.
    Vdh2008 said:

Can we not engage the gaslighting troll?

That person is here to start arguments, thereby ensuring the thread becomes non constructive and gets shut down.

Please continue to provide instances of this happening, with video if possible, and we can continue to wait another year or so for a fix to this obvious BUG.

you guys are the ones taking it off topic and non constructive lol, I am staying on topic. Multiple employees have told you this is not a bug.
    Brt92 said:

You're are just spamming dude........for allmost 3 pages of a technical report thread, really, I cannot understand why the mods had not banned you yet from the forum with such behaviour....

because I dont violate any forum rules.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Remember that time omega red came out, or v3 came out? That's when everything got hairy, as soon as that style of play became necessary and desirable. Using massacre before OR existed was totally fine, never saw an occurrence personally. In my years I've never seen it be a thing, but this year has let it really shine. Even if kabam intends for this to happen, isnt it pitched a little high? Like when sentinels first became soldiers in aq and people got destroyed so they tweaked it back down. Couldnt they do a similar trick to a.i. mechanics?

I think it happend together with the thanos event in april.
    AI recovery time got speed up imo. Remember when you could not punish sentinel after his SP1?

-backdraft intercepts from hitting on block are still broken

-I get still parried with ghost in AW after a perfect "phase intercept"
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    In my case, I was fighting 4 star(unduped) modok using a 3 star duped gwenpool
    When I tried to heavy him(he had 1 bar power at that time) while he was parried, he threw his sp1 mid my heavy(you all know gwenpool has a 3 hit heavy), and modok threw the sp1 before i could complete the last hit of my heavy

Also the AI is now dexing our dashes, which is ridiculously unfair
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    Fighting against tech ultron map 5 with namor hitting into block to reflect bleed damage and he fires an L2 mid combo. In AW using nick fury against Corvus on stun immune/counter tactics node again hitting into block to start a back draft and fired a special on third hit. Also the AI doesn’t seem to want to block at the beginning of a fight just stands there arms down and as soon as you go forward they slap you before you can react same goes for arena and war arms down not wanting to come forward
    jdyke23 said:

Fighting against tech ultron map 5 with namor hitting into block to reflect bleed damage and he fires an L2 mid combo. In AW using nick fury against Corvus on stun immune/counter tactics node again hitting into block to start a back draft and fired a special on third hit. Also the AI doesn’t seem to want to block at the beginning of a fight just stands there arms down and as soon as you go forward they slap you before you can react same goes for arena and war arms down not wanting to come forward

Be careful. You cant backdraft from block anymore. That broke the same day as "hitting SP while attacking their block"
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Lormif take your trolling trash elsewhere bro. Not helpful.

Now the reason EVERYONE ELSE is here: it’s happened to me in both war and arena. As for the champs, it’s happened with Thing, Corvus, agent venom... and more. However it does not happen often. Which might be worse, cuz we need to know if we can attack into block when they have power bars. If we can’t then ok, if we can then good, but if it’s inconsistent then that is what won’t work.
    Csutton said:

Lormif take your trolling trash elsewhere bro. Not helpful.

Now the reason EVERYONE ELSE is here: it’s happened to me in both war and arena. As for the champs, it’s happened with Thing, Corvus, agent venom... and more. However it does not happen often. Which might be worse, cuz we need to know if we can attack into block when they have power bars. If we can’t then ok, if we can then good, but if it’s inconsistent then that is what won’t work.

You can only ignore him.
    "Dont feed the troll"
    He might go away from alone
    Csutton said:

Lormif said:

Actually anecdotal evidence is the equivalent of witness testimony, which very often proves things. Granted none of us are under oath, but I also dont think any of us are lying. And they do close threads that talk about bugs that arent bugs as if they are bugs. Again, very often.

witness testimony is considered the least reliable evidence you can provide, this is why we move to things such as DNA and fingerprints and end up releasing a large amount of criminals who were falsely convicted solely on witnesses. Also it is not statistically relevant.
    This is @Lormif staying on topic lol. Mods please handle this annoying troll. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Sorry, didnt realize replying to something as they described is off topic, if anyone took it off topic it was them, but you dont see that for some reason. Just like you took it off topic here.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    This is from another bug thread that was closed.

Kabam Porthos on December 8th:

Hey guys, as we mentioned HERE, we're continuing to investigate this reported issue.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to contribute to that discussion by sharing details of which Champion you were using and which one you were fighting against when you noticed this happening.

As soon as we're able to provide an update on our investigation, we'll be sure to let everyone know in that discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/172713/ai-throwing-specials-when-hitting-into-block-again#latest
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Happened to me this weekend.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Yes, this bug of defenders being able to intercept/throw special while blocking basic attacks does exist.

Unfortunately hitting into block is staple in not getting backed into a corner. Or in champs like omega red and namor.

Not really a Lagacy fan, but this video was in my recommended videos and I was bored.

https://youtu.be/66_a9UZZeks?t=490

Perfect example of this bug happens to Lagacy at 8:10.

• Ecklor68Ecklor68 Posts: 19
    I'm sure that this has been said time and time and time again. When fighting with champions like Omega Red Namor Captain Marvel movie it is crucial to be able to hit into the AI block. I was fighting in alliance quest a few moments ago against Hawkeye and using Omega Red. I was hitting into his block to build up my spores while on the second hit into the block Hawkeye through a special one to my face. We currently have the dismay node so you can imagine the disdain I felt when I took the shot to the face in Lost my 565 sig 200 in the first fight of the quest. This seems to have gotten worse and worse ever since the Nerf to She-Hulk. I'm trying to understand why it has been since August that this has been happening and nothing has been done.
  • Happened yesterday and today in AQ fighting old Man Logan, using Corvus. Mid combo of me hitting into block- Defender either fires special, retreats away, or releases block and I start landing hits
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    More specific proof.....

Kabam, do you need more proof that it is happening in ALL content, with ANY champ?
This discussion has been closed.