**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Scrap dungeons already

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
Dungeons suck. They are the abomination of the game as they are the only content that requires you to have large blocks of time to accomplish(well maybe not arena but still, you can do arena as you feel). The game is built for people on the go. People who work. People who are busy. Not for people who have time to just sit around and blow it without a care and with random people of different languages and skillsets.

I know you can make friendships but for some reason even with all the benefits nobody wants to do dungeons. I don't know the deep down reason why but dungeons just suck to play in general, even if I had tons of time. Please just get rid of them and replace with a new experiment already.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Graydrox said:

Dungeons suck. They are the abomination of the game as they are the only content that requires you to have large blocks of time to accomplish(well maybe not arena but still, you can do arena as you feel). The game is built for people on the go. People who work. People who are busy. Not for people who have time to just sit around and blow it without a care and with random people of different languages and skillsets.

I know you can make friendships but for some reason even with all the benefits nobody wants to do dungeons. I don't know the deep down reason why but dungeons just suck to play in general, even if I had tons of time. Please just get rid of them and replace with a new experiment already.

to add a new game mode they dont have remove one! besides i miss a few dungeons but one can not call it 'abomination' they are pretty cool learning grounds ,also it doesnt take more then may b an hour max to get all points if dungeons are going fine if not you can still do it in 3 days atleast. if you dont like the mode you dont have to do it. also not saying dungeons are in it's best shape ever but they have improved from where they started during infinity war. few points that i'd like them to add would be
    - add units for 3 day milestones may b not a huge amount but atleast 35-50 units .
    - Add ISO + gold not only gold
    - 3*&4* max rankup gems
    - dungeon days every month
    - instead of only dungeon crystal shards provide extra 2* and now even 1* dungeon shards with daily milestones
    - Add and distribute better dungeon 5* champs with adding all rare ones as dungeon exclusive champions like warmachine, joe fixit, magneto marvel now ,jessica jones, AOl vision, widow,wolverine , xforce wolvie and weapon X, release may b a dungeon exclusive version of champ once a year like gold pool but designed around dungeons (ramp up, good payoff after few fights)
    - like version of magneto who gains indestrible,autoblock,enemy attack reduction,his attack increase after ramping up through few fights.(he can be playable in all other modes but like morningstar not prefered by most)
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    This isnt a bad idea as its another source of getting crystals
  • You do know that you can just not play it, right? Plus, it’s basically a free 5* and it’s fun.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    I love dungeons - sure maybe the shards per round could increase, or the price of crystals decrease, but I like the challenge of nodes and the need for cooperation.

The only thing that absolutely needs fixing ASAP is random matchmaking where you can have a squad full of one class be pared with someone with the same class and such things.

There should be an option to confirm the match once it's made by both users before the room starts.

And yeah Dungeon Days should happen more often..

Oh yeah and the cooldown time should be shorter (halved maybe) especially for 5 & 6 stars.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    I don’t play dungeons.

Too time consuming.

I’m here mainly for the monthly EQ and AQ.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    If you don't like like me, don't play. I just play in that weeks we have special rewards by playing that, and I only do minimums. Last time I had 5* superior iron Man with that rewards, so I really play minimum, don't worth the effort. Same as arenas, just play minimum to get some units ....
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Must you play the dungeons, stop behaving like a crybaby and move on
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I agree with OP. The content is just too time-consuming, too laggy and too annoying.

I definitely agree with the laggy part!

And though I personally don't see I can spare the time it takes to go into dungeons (due to work and other stuff) I wouldn't assume there aren't players with the time to spare that might enjoy it. So they might be of some use. The crystals you can choose from aren't that bad... If I had the time I would probably play dungeons now and then.
  • dononedonone Posts: 47
    The rewards are poor!
  • Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    Dungeons are grabage! I only play on dungeon days and thats it lol
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Dungeon are great. It takes about 20-25 minutes per 3 days to complete (5 room of level 7). Of course, i never play them with random coz im not insane.
  • MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    They don't need scrapped, they just need overhauled.
    Here's how to fix dungeons:
    1. Stop closing them. They should always be open
    2. Increase the payout dramatically
    3. Reduce the cool down time dramatically

Dungeons should be an alternative to arena. I can grind out a 5 star twice a week in arena. No reason I shouldn't be able to do the same in dungeons, especially given that despite being able to narrow down your choices, it's still an rng gamble as to who you are going to get. At least with arena I know who I'm getting.

Dungeons are a great idea on paper, and they're pretty fun, but they are not paying out enough to invest significant time into and should be overhauled to make them worthwhile content
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    If nothing else, dungeons are where you can practice against aw/aq type nodes without costing you anything. it is the only meaningful practice mode we have. Duels have zero node effects to practice against.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I disagree. It's an extra 5 star every couple months. I agree if you don't have an extensive 5 or 6 star roster it will be time consuming but you don't have to play it. I think LOL takes way to long per fight so I did initial clear and haven't touched it since. You don't have to play dungeons so I would suggest telling Kabam how to improve it instead of getting rid of it.
  • Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59
    Graydrox said:

Speak for yourself lol. I enjoy dungeons and even when I'm not feeling like it, I hit up a friend of mine and we smash out 4 rooms in 40 minutes and get it done.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    .... so don't play them?

Listen, I'm not a huge dungeons guy either. I don't like to try to coordinate with people to play. So I don't play them and instead focus on all the other content.

But why would you say scrap them because you specifically don't like them? Unless you have specific suggestions on how to improve that mode of game play, just don't play them.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Dungeons are great
    Except when you get matched with randoms that suck
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Keep dungeons the same, but mildly buff the monthly artifacts and add 6* Dungeon crystals for 81K artifacts
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Dungeons don’t seem to take to long if you do room 7. About 15-20 mins to finish it all. With around 80k gold per 3 day round helps quite a bit for people who need gold. Sure the shards could be increased a bit or decrease in costs but gold wise I find it a great source of extra gold