**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sunspot and Human Torch

On the top is Human Torch's abilities and on the bottom is Sunspot's abilities.
It says when incinerated Torch gains smoulders, which he does even against Mephisto' Aura of Incineration but the same interaction does not apply to Sunspot even though both are worded to work the same way. Any explanation or am i missing anything?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Had sunspot lost solar charges due to expired incinerate debuffs? If he hasn’t he won’t gain charges back, haven’t tested this interaction but that could be what’s happening
  • Demi_GodJay69Demi_GodJay69 Posts: 102
    Lvernon15 said:

Had sunspot lost solar charges due to expired incinerate debuffs? If he hasn’t he won’t gain charges back, haven’t tested this interaction but that could be what’s happening

No, Tried it right near the start when he had well over 60 solar charges.

Lvernon15 said:

Near the start is the issue, he won’t have lost charges as a result of expiring incinerate debuffs on mephisto
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Near the start is the issue, he won’t have lost charges as a result of expiring incinerate debuffs on mephisto
    Over 60, under 80 solar charges.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Over 60, under 80 solar charges.
    They could’ve expired by the 3 second thing or been on mephisto
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Based on the wording alone, if it didn't happen to Sunspot, than it is a clear bug.
    Had tried Torch VS. Mephisto and his aura did give Torch his smoulders.
    Don't have Sunspot so I can't test him out
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    No. Meph's aura doesn't give HT smoulders because of incinerate. He gives him smoulders because he's a mystic and all hits count as energy hits which increases his smoulders.

No bug. No conspiracy. Just a case of not reading.

Edit:

Aryl said:

No. Meph's aura doesn't give HT smoulders because of incinerate. He gives him smoulders because he's a mystic and all hits count as energy hits which increases his smoulders.

Edit:

That's 'When Blocking or Attacked', but Torch gets smoulders even when he's attacking mephisto when the Aura is active. I might be wrong.

Aryl said:

Edit:

That's 'When Blocking or Attacked', but Torch gets smoulders even when he's attacking mephisto when the Aura is active. I might be wrong.
    That's because you're attacked by the aura. Just because an attack doesn't cause knock back doesn't mean it's not an attack.

Regardless, this is the reason he gets smoulders from Meph's aura.
    Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Edit:

That's because you're attacked by the aura. Just because an attack doesn't cause knock back doesn't mean it's not an attack.

In that sense, shdnt Torch gain smoulders when Dormammu or Maw places a degen on him? Cuz i tried that and he doesn't gain smoulders. Mayb it only counts to passive defensive attacks like aura and not passive offensive attacks like degen. Prolly degen doesn't even count as an attack like aura does. Keeping that aside your answer makes a lot of sense.

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Edit:

In that sense, shdnt Torch gain smoulders when Dormammu or Maw places a degen on him? Cuz i tried that and he doesn't gain smoulders. Mayb it only counts to passive defensive attacks like aura and not passive offensive attacks like degen. Prolly degen doesn't even count as an attack like aura does. Keeping that aside your answer makes a lot of sense.
    Then it might have to do with the aura dealing energy damage. If passive or active DoTs from a mystic doesn't count toward smoulders, the only option left is you gain smoulders from the energy damage... which makes sense.
  • MainRoninMainRonin Posts: 39
    Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Edit:

Then it might have to do with the aura dealing energy damage. If passive or active DoTs from a mystic doesn't count toward smoulders, the only option left is you gain smoulders from the energy damage... which makes sense.
    if this were true the Human Torch would gain temperature too and it doesn't happen
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    @Aryl care to explain how CV gets charges from meph’s aura?

I have zero clue how she works... so, no... I don't know.
    Aryl said:

One way she gains charges is when receiving an effect she is immune to, in the case of meph it’s incinerate from his aura.

Aryl said:

One way she gains charges is when receiving an effect she is immune to, in the case of meph it’s incinerate from his aura.
    Thanks and good catch, Good thing you pointed this out, keeping everything aside and just this should be enough for them to share the same interaction which isnt the case for Sunspot.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos Need answers for this, is this a bug or is it working as intended? Please do answer.

Aryl said:

Thanks and good catch, Good thing you pointed this out, keeping everything aside and just this should be enough for them to share the same interaction which isnt the case for Sunspot.
    I wouldn’t assume the interaction is intended. It’s pretty powerful and wasn’t present until (?)Pleasure to burn was introduced and Meph’s aura was tweaked to work with it.

Aryl said:

I wouldn’t assume the interaction is intended. It’s pretty powerful and wasn’t present until (?)Pleasure to burn was introduced and Meph’s aura was tweaked to work with it.
    I see, but still its a good thing to keep in mind. Hopefully mods see this and reply and dont dust this under the carpet.

Aryl said:

And i also see you found my post on reddit. LOL