**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Device: one plus 6T
    My name: DrAnonymoūs

After the newest silver surfer update, as on 13.12.2019, the game is showing frequent connection issues even when my internet is working fine. My other apps are working fluidly but the "check your connection" icon keeps on showing in the lower right corner of the screen. Worst case scenario, I'm not able to play on my free time, and have to loose fights on AQ. Please have a look at this issue.
  • PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    In-Game Name: PROG73
    Device and Model: Samsung A70
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 25.1
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: Unable to use game on data

I have reported this previously here and posted separately but was told to post here again - I am not the only person on a Samsung a70 to have reported this issue!

The game will not log in while using cellular data - it gets to the contest of champions screen and just gives me the connection symbol in the corner

I can log in on wifi and then switch to cellular and it will work for a while though it eventually stops. But if I have no access to wifi then I cant get into game.

I have no problem with any other app or anything else on the phone. I also have no problem with my data provider or the signal it provides to run other apps. I have reinstalled the app and gone through all the other steps suggested to no avail.
  • In-Game Name: AntonioJr242
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy win 2
    Device Operating System: Android 5.0.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 25.1.1
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: When using Namor's Special 3 against Dormammu and Ghost Rider comes an error message.

• chaostechnetchaostechnet Posts: 5
    edited December 2019
    In-Game Name: PsychOxxSynergY
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 9/pie
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: The sound is crackly and cuts in and out. Doesn't matter what your doing in the game. Any sound coming from the game app is distorted. But when I hook up bluetooth headphones, the audio/sound is fine. If I plug physical headphones in then the audio/sound is still messed up. It's not my phones speaker as it is fine with everything else except it does the same issue with Call of Duty Mobile, Pokemon go, and Fortnite. I don't think I had this issue in Android 7. Then I upgraded to Android 9 and also did a factory reset. I still have this issue.
  • Jezza1997Jezza1997 Posts: 31
    In-Game Name: Jezza1997
    Device and Model: Huawei Honor 9
    Device Operating System: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi, I have not tried playing the game on cellular to see if it still has the same problem
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quests and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I am having connection issues. At first I thought these were to battery level related, but it has happened at over 80% battery too. The first time it happened was for a fight in Alliance Wars, the fight did not start and the page reloaded back to the Alliance War map. Once it had, the champion I had selected to fight had lost half of their health and I had lost an attack bonus for the node I was trying to fight. Since then, the issue has happened in the event quest. I've had connection issues while trying to move in the map and starting the fights.
  • ムししムしし Posts: 52
    edited December 2019
    I have been facing this problem since his event quest was introduced. And i have observed that this lag is due to the smoke particle effect. As i don't use a high end device like iphone X. The device i use is Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime. Please look into this issue. I have attached a video link. Notice how i cannnot block him after my 5-hit combo and got hit on face. This happened twice in the video.
  • CleakeCleake Posts: 1
    The game is not functioning properly, parry isn’t working, and when I try to use specials, it won’t let me.
  • Truskilzz710Truskilzz710 Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: TruSkilzz
    Device and Model: Note 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: current version as of 21Dec19'
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: I go to start the fight and I get the little RED LAG symbol..... I am forced to close my game. Sometime I try and wait up to 5+min when I come back either I'm dead or half Health; it's getting Really Annoying
  • Truskilzz710Truskilzz710 Posts: 13

In-Game Name: TruSkilzz
    Device and Model: Note 9
    Game Version Installed: current version as of 21Dec19'
    Description of the Issue: I go to start the fight and I get the little RED LAG symbol..... I am forced to close my game. Sometime I try and wait up to 5+min when I come back either I'm dead or half Health; it's getting Really Annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplcu4qMh5k
  • TH3_STONETH3_STONE Posts: 56
    Broken controls ...still??...... smh... should have put the earnings into fixing
    this game instead of strike force
  • ムししムしし Posts: 52
    In-Game Name: ムしし
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Description of the Issue: Intense lag while fighting against or playing with vision aarkus. I've been facing this issue since he was first introduced in his event quest and this issue is still not resolved. Due to this lag i can't block immediately after doing my 5-hit combo and therefore, get hit on the face. I'm also attaching a video for your reference. Please look into this issue as it will cause greater problems for me against stacked versions of vision aarkus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-8gWd2CbU[/youtube]
  • Shreyansh_509Shreyansh_509 Posts: 16
    edited December 2019
    Mobile- One Plus 5
    Cellular and Wifi
    Latest version
    Ever since the last update I have been facing a lot of connection issues. Although the internet is working fine, the game stops a lot and shows no internet connection. I have to reopen a lot of times and I have lost AW, AQ and arena fights due to this
  • Broly0930Broly0930 Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: Broly0730
    Device and Model: samsung note 8
    Device Operating System: android version 9
    Cellular or WiFi: both verizon and on multiple wifi sites
    Game Version Installed: last updated dec 10th
    Game Mode: loading screens
    Description of the Issue: game is freezing when loading certain screen tabs. Happens mutiple times a day. Can not load alliance help screen. Can not load fight tab. Continuous loading while trying to opem game
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    My game runs slow during loading, runs very fast during fights, which causes the animation to look like every fight is against Aarkus very glitchy. Slow or no input response, lags when trying to evade, block, or anything. This is the only thing on my tablet so I don't think it's a tablet issue.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    TYRON1 said:

In-Game Name: G O D F A T H E R
    Device and Model: OnePlus 7 pro (90 hz)
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: 25.0.0
    Description of the Issue: Unintended heavy attacks in the middle of a 5 hit combo while playing in 90hz.

The time to trigger a heavy attack, it seems, has decreased while playing in high refresh rate like 90 hz. So during a 5 hit combo, sometimes the attacker will finish 2 or 3 hits then throw a heavy, unintentionally. This happens everywhere no matter what connection as long as I'm playing in 90 hz.

All high refresh rate devices are facing this issue for the last two updates of this game. The heavy is attack done by the attacker automatically and unintentionally and as a result I have to tap the screen very carefully and cannot keep the finger on the screen at all. Even after all that the heavies still happen.

The bug is pretty much same for all high refresh rate devices and it's been two months of this. Please fix it.

Exactly the same issue as quoted post.

The problem I posted earlier in this thread has gone away after being advised by another forum member how to permanently unlock 90hz display.

Unintended heavy attacks are thrown mid combo. I can reduce how often it happens by tapping the screen very slowly and carefully but unfortunately it still happens.
  • ABPradhanABPradhan Posts: 14
    edited January 2020

• PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    PROG73 said:

In game name, PROG73
    Device, Samsung A70
    Operating system, Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi, Cellular
    Game Version, 25.0.1
    Game Mode, all
    Description, i can't log in or load the game at all over my Cellular network. I constantly get the Flashing red icon in the corner of me screen.

This even happens if I try using phone as a mobile hotspot and playing game on previous device

Have now installed v25.2 and this problem has not been addressed - thanks for nothing Kabam.

I have been trying to find a reason to play this game less and spend zero on it - you are at least helping me with that! @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
  • In game name : RKBitor
    Device model : Realme 5 Pro
    Android : 9
    Wifi & cellular : cellular
    Version- 25.2.0
    Nutty calendar, i update in Jan 8th, but I dont have nutty calendar so i cant joint in squirrel event. My friend update this morning, he have nutty calendar but he 7th day calendar have missing
  • amfm981amfm981 Posts: 11
    edited January 2020
    In-Game Name: amfm1047

Device and Model: LG Stylo 4

Device Operating System: 8.1.0

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? This happens both on cellular and Wifi but it does feel worse on WIFI.

Game Version Installed: I'm on the latest version of the game

Description of the Issue: I've been having a few issues with both this recent release and the last release. Ive been playing this game for 5 years and have had some frustrations over that time but the last few months prior to this have been pretty decent. Please let's continue the trend of playable content.
    1. Nonresponsive when parrying, evading and intercepting. (Not all the time but enough to frustrate you.)
    2. Opponent's special attacks cause the screen to skip. Real bad when fighting against the new vision.
    3. Screen sometimes skips when the opponent attempts to do a heavy attack.
    4. The heavy attack doesn't have a consistent range. I've evaded to the other side of the screen and have been caught with an uppercut.
    5. Combo leading into special will sometimes be blocked when the screen skips.
    6. The second part of Hyperions special 2 is sometimes blocked even when the first part makes contact.
    7. I will be mid-combo and my champ will suddenly do a heavy without me holding for the heavy.

Thanks for all of your help and entertainment
    amfm1047
  • noldnold Posts: 30
    In-Game Name: Noldoroth
    Device and Model: Razer Phone 2 (120Hz)
    Game Version Installed: 25.2.0
    Description of the Issue: Tapping for a light attack sometimes produces a heavy attack.

All champs, in all modes.

5 months now and this bug has not even been acknowledged. Come on Kabam, you can do better.
  • FiniteFinite Posts: 4
    everytime i fight vision aarkus he is extremely laggy . i can barely play against him . darkhawk is just as bad when he has a syngery to stop with a random buff. ultra laggy .please debugg ty
    .play on moto g7
  • Big_TR92Big_TR92 Posts: 16
    In game name: TwoTugTony
    Device and model: galaxy s8 active
    Operating system: android 9
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: 25.2.0
    Game mode: quest
    Description of issue:

Squirrel girls hoard of squirrels are invisible. I first noticed the issue immediately after she did a special 1 and I failed to see the hoard of squirrels. Throughout the match I had her launch multiple special 1s and all invisible squirrels. I did force close the game and re-entered but each time no matter the difficulty the squirrels aren't there. Hard to evade what you cant see.

I submitted a ticket with a video
    Ticket number is 05366536
  • MJWolverine21MJWolverine21 Posts: 18
    Device : Walton Primo HM3+
    Cellular / WiFi : both
    Game Version : 25.2.0
    Game Mode : Event Quest Heroic,Master
    Champion : Squirrel Girl

Description : There is something definitely wrong with Squirrel Girl's SP1. Squirrels does not appear. So it’s almost impossible to do dexterity

https://youtu.be/Y8Tr0FMIzy4
  • MJWolverine21MJWolverine21 Posts: 18
    edited January 2020
    InGameName : MJWolverine21
    Device : Walton Primo HM3+
    Cellular / WiFi : both
    Game Version : 25.2.0
    Game Mode : Event Quest Heroic,Master
    Champion : Squirrel Girl

Description : There is something definitely wrong with Squirrel Girl's SP1. Squirrels does not appear. So it’s almost impossible to do dexterity

https://youtu.be/Y8Tr0FMIzy4
  • Robman323Robman323 Posts: 33
    In-Game Name: Robman323
    Device and Model: Galaxy Note 10+
    Device Operating System: 10 
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 25.2.0
    Game Mode: Selecting tabs
    Description of the Issue:
    The game is unresponsive when I select on the alliance tab, fight tab, and also when I click on my profile or other summoners profiles. Doesn't necessarily freeze as the background still does its effects but I cannot click anything and I am forced to close the game and play with my cellular network. Once on cellular network everything works fine but when wifi goes back on the same issues occur.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    In-Game Name: 10or Strong
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Device Operating System: Android
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, though more often cellular
    Game Version Installed: 970198
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: At random points in the game, sometimes when just scrolling through various screens, other times in a battle, the screen will go black. It won't be the phone, as I can still access every other app on the phone while this happens, but MCOC will just have a blank, black screen. This requires me to then close the app and relaunch. I have closed other applications and background apps so that MCOC is the only thing running, I've restarted the phone, I've reinstalled MCOC entirely, but it continues to happen at random points. Not sure if you've seen this with other reports, but it is definitely an inconvenience.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    IGN- Alfa Pigeon
    Device- Galaxy J3 Prime
    Android Version 7.0
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: 24.2
    Game mode: all
    Description- Game unplayable due to lagging when using or fighting against Vision Aarkus . The fights slows to a crawl in fight mode with him. I cannot even test him out or use him in any content.