**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 4 1* champions rant

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos guys I really love the new variant content that released this month, but one thing that I absolutely hate is the fact that one star champions aren't easy to get. In chapter 3.2 of variant 4, you're only restricted to using 1* champions which is fine, but what about those players who don't have enough 1* champions? Some players may have accidentally sold all their 1 star champions. You guys released a hero crystal for 50 units which guarantees at least a 1 star champion, why the hell is the drop rate of getting a 2 star champion at 80% versus getting a 1 star champion at 20%?!?!? Are you sure you guys are ok in the head? Because in variant 4 chapter 3.2, there's a path with nodes bleed vulnerability and caustic temper, the bleed vulnerability node is completely useless because with caustic temper, the defender takes 90% less damage if the attacker has no fury buff active. In order to clear this path, the only 1 star champion that's viable to use is Hulk, and that is just so stupid. So here's my solution to this problem, release an arena that awards you a hero crystal containing only 1 star champions or fix that hero crystal in the store that gives you only 1 star champions instead of 2 star champions.

Comments

• solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Bit late to the party.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I managed a completion run using only 4 cause that’s all I had on second account and I didn’t have any bleed champs. Took 2 revives.

Absolutely, though. I guess most summoners don't need those crystals at all, but those who do need them will really mostly need the 1* champs for v4.

So considering how all the other drop chances work in this game it absolutely perfectly makes sense to be that way.

Now, you may not like that. You might think it's unfair. That's irrelevant to the question of whether or not it makes sense, which it does.

Again, not really. Your logic is, people need them, therefore they should be made inaccessible without spending thousands of units. Except that the reason people need them is because they're so inaccessible. You have it reversed. Every tier up to 5 is required to complete v4, so 1*s do not have higher value than any other. They're simply rarer because Kabam decided they should be.

Lmao that's not at all what I said, where did you pull that nonsense from?

1* champs are the most desirable pull from that particular crystal. That's why they have the lowest drop rate.

4* champs are the most desirable pull from a phc. Are they the most desirable pull in the game? No. Does it still make sense for them to have the lowest drop rate among the other possible pulls? Yes.

Dude before you tried to argue that it doesn't make sense for 1* champs to have a lower drop chance than 2* champs and as a comparison he presented phc's, gmc's and cav crystals. In any of those the hightest available tier is the most desired pull.

In the case of those 1-2* crystals, what is the most desirable pull? And therefore, according to how those other crystals work, which distribution of drop chances would make the most sense?

It's really not that complicated.

That doesn't change my point though. The only reason they're more desirable than the 2*s in that crystal is because they're exclusive to that crystal. 2*s are everywhere, and anyone who touches arena has them all and can sell them all they want and would not have any issues getting them back. 1*s on the other hand literally do not exist outside of that one crystal, and there's no real purpose to making them so rare.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    They should just have a crystal with 1* champs only ... and offer it for like 10 or 20 units ... *shrug*

easy solution . if you need 1*'s (for any reason .. I don't judge :) ) go nuts .. if not .. ignore it .
    *shrug*

Simple ..
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I do think they need to drop the costs of the Hero crystal 50 units is very excessive
    edited December 2019

Then your point is completely unrelated to anything I said, which was solely referring to whether or not the drop chances make sense.

You said it doesn't make sense, but so far you only presented further arguments for why it absolutely makes perfect sense to be that way.

Again, this is not about whether that's good, fair, ethical, etc. This is not about subjective judgement.

The distribution of the drop chances objectively makes sense. Disagreeing with that is just silly.

It doesn't make sense though, when the need for 1*s is fabricated by them. Increased rarity has to have a purpose or reason, it can't just be there for the sake of it.

And it makes even less sense when you consider the fact that a portion of the playerbase already has all the 1*s they need and had to make no effort to obtain them.

And it makes even less sense when you consider the fact that another portion of the playerbase still has access to 1*s without having to spend a single unit to obtain them.

Splitting the playerbase and giving them different chances of pulling certain required chances, based on progress but reversed makes absolutely no sense. If 1*s are now meant to be high rarity high value, apply that to all players.

Or don't apply it at all, because a large portion have already obtained the 1*s they needed while they were worthless and took no effort or resource to obtain.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

You guys say we shouldn’t sell champions. Maybe kabam shouldn’t introduce a crystal that cost 50 units to get a champion of the lowest rarity and have the drop rate at 20%.

PHC 2 star drop rate is astronomically higher than the 3 and 4 stars.
    Grand master 3 star drop is astronomically higher than 4 and 5.
    Cavalier 3 star is much higher than 4/5/6
    Hero crystal 2 star drop rate is 4 times more likely than the 1?

Where does that make sense.

Before you say it. Yes I sold my 1s and yes I have 100% V4. But I feel for the rest of the community who did not get lucky in pulling the right champs from the hero crystal.

Except they didnt introduce anything for this. That's a very old crystal that was in the game to help players get two stars very early in the game
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

• GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos guys I really love the new variant content that released this month, but one thing that I absolutely hate is the fact that one star champions aren't easy to get. In chapter 3.2 of variant 4, you're only restricted to using 1* champions which is fine, but what about those players who don't have enough 1* champions? Some players may have accidentally sold all their 1 star champions. You guys released a hero crystal for 50 units which guarantees at least a 1 star champion, why the hell is the drop rate of getting a 2 star champion at 80% versus getting a 1 star champion at 20%?!?!? Are you sure you guys are ok in the head? Because in variant 4 chapter 3.2, there's a path with nodes bleed vulnerability and caustic temper, the bleed vulnerability node is completely useless because with caustic temper, the defender takes 90% less damage if the attacker has no fury buff active. In order to clear this path, the only 1 star champion that's viable to use is Hulk, and that is just so stupid. So here's my solution to this problem, release an arena that awards you a hero crystal containing only 1 star champions or fix that hero crystal in the store that gives you only 1 star champions instead of 2 star champions.

They’re selling a crystal with a greater chance to get the 2* over the 1* because you need to 1* to finish the variant. Simple supply and demand. They’re not trying to make the players happy. They’re trying it make money.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    I don't understand why anyone would sell their 1* champions to begin with. You get a tiny amount of Iso and gold, and no shards. No a lot to gain from such a risky decision IMO.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike you see how the community is raging over your stupidity of releasing the hero crystal with an 80% drop rate of attaining a 2* champion versus a 20% chance of attaining a 1* champion. This is not the way you do business, and this is literally not fair. This is plain stupidity of your course of actions. Release an arena where you'll ONLY be awarded a 1* champion or release the hero crystal for about 10-20 units where it only gives you a 1* champion, not freaking 2* champion.

Did Kabam force you to sell your 1*'s? None of this is their fault.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    At the moment it looks like a cheap trick and everybody knows it. Deep down, even the ultra smug “you shouldn’t sell your champs” brigade must realise the cost of acquiring a 1* hulk is ridiculously unfair.

Hopefully in the not too distant future they will release another 1* champ who can deal with caustic temper or make 1* Hulk accessible without the current astronomical cost.

From a business perspective it “makes sense”. Morally it doesn’t seem quite right to me.

And no you shouldn’t sell champs. And yes in one way or another there should be a “cost” of getting a 1* hulk, just make it fair that’s all.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★

You guys say we shouldn’t sell champions. Maybe kabam shouldn’t introduce a crystal that cost 50 units to get a champion of the lowest rarity and have the drop rate at 20%.

Before you say it. Yes I sold my 1s and yes I have 100% V4. But I feel for the rest of the community who did not get lucky in pulling the right champs from the hero crystal.

Except they didnt introduce anything for this. That's a very old crystal that was in the game to help players get two stars very early in the game
    Again:

To be perfectly clear: