**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to get good at fighting inverted controls?

EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
I’m a pretty decent player, bu I have a lot of trouble with inverted controls. In war today, I wen in knowing I would have inverted controls to start the fight(I know, I actually read nodes), but as soon as the opponent charged a heavy I went straight in and died. Does anyone have tips for overcoming muscle memory vs inverted controls, or just how to fight it well in general?

Comments

• Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    Parry heavy best option for that 10 second confusion for greater confusion bring Mr. Sinister best option or may be you can grab your cell phone reverse. 😅😅
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Hold your phone upside down.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Usually when I've to fight inverted controls, I keep my phone's rotation locked and rotate my phone
    Try doing it once :)

Are you serious?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Using a parry heavy strategy is good in terms of you hitting then, I’d also recommend a hanky champ, I’m still not used to it but I just got through section 2 in path 9 using parry heavy with Corvus, as long as you hit parries you’re fine, just block the opponents specials if you aren’t confident enough with them
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Starky is a good option for that node as u spend the first few seconds building up poise...so u just have to keep swiping forward to build poise
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    When I first started taking that path I used to just remind myself constantly that it was reversed controls in my head so that I didn’t forget. The riskiest part is when it’s about to change back, because it could go either way if you’re not careful. I prefer the second fight where the whole thing is reversed for that reason. But practice helps more than anything, you’ll pick it up over time. I’ve been doing it for a while now, so I can still intercept and do everything I would in a normal fight at this point. Just keep practicing until you get the hang of it, when you do, it’ll be like having a fight with no nodes pretty much.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    Practice. (Seriously..)
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Step 1. Git Gud

Step 2. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.