**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where’s the t2a in master season rewards?

Comments

• KarlnakKarlnak Posts: 43
    My solution: t2a arena that you can only run with 6*s. Think about it Kabam!!! Can run at the same time as either of the t1a or t4b arenas, or can just simply replace the worthless t4cc arena.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Karlnak said:

Bigbowlr said:

It does go along with past actions. As they made t4b easier to get they kept t1a tough. As they make 5*s easier again t1a became more in demand and still remained tough to get. Now t5b is getting easier yet the Alphas remain hard to get. It's the way the game has always been Basic and Class cats get easier to obtain yet Alphas will always remain the roadblock.

There's literally been an arena every 8 days where you can get t1a since I started playing 3 years ago. I don't see how this is even comparable.
    Do you not remember when t1 alphas were a huge bottleneck? The arena every 8 days didn't help much when you need 16 to take one 5* to rank 4. People complained constantly on the forum while lower players posted that they were selling t1 alphas constantly as they got them from lower AQ maps and 4*s don't require as many. It is very comparable, the game has always been this way, and it's by design.

Karlnak said:

Those in high placing aq alliances could always spend glory on t2a instead of t5b....

I don't spend my glory on either normally...I'm spending it on potions in order to compete in master wars. It's like they want us to not want to play war. I don't get it.
    Then spend it on t2a instead or don't play in a master war alliance if you need that many pots. It's a choice pushing in war. If you enjoy it, more power to you I'm not knocking those that do even though I don't. It's still a choice to use glory for that nonetheless.

I do think t2a for glory value should probably be adjusted however. Half a t2a for 4k glory is quite poor
    Cool. So you are conceding that Kabam has created a war rewards system that discourages competing at the highest level of the game mode. That's all I'm trying to point out. I think we agree. and you're right that people are probably going to have to choose. Do they want to play war because they enjoy it, or do they want to have the fastest progression on their account? It's definitely how they've set it up.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Karlnak said:

My solution: t2a arena that you can only run with 6*s. Think about it Kabam!!! Can run at the same time as either of the t1a or t4b arenas, or can just simply replace the worthless t4cc arena.

That's not a bad idea. It's crazy that as easy as it is to get t4cc they still won't give you one in that arena lol. That arena has been worthless from day 1. But I expect if they added a t2 alpha arena you wouldn't get a full cat and it would replace one worthless arena for another.

Karlnak said:

There's always going to be a limiting Resource. What that Resource is will shift from time to time because balancing all Resources is a process of shifting to balance, but it's not a game where you're always going to have everything you need, all the time. Something will always pace growth. That's what keeps overall homeostasis with progress.

Sure. I'd say that resource is t5cc at the top levels right now. Wouldn't you?
    Well, if they're short of T2A, then the limiting Resource would be T2A. I've seen it switch many times over the years. Gold, T1A, T4CC, just about everything at some point. Ranking is meant to be paced. That's what allows all Players to progress where they're at and be able to move up. A system that has all Resources available at the top at all times is one that's catastrophic. No one would ever be able to make headway underneath. There's always going to be something that limits progress to an extent, and it's designed to take time to Rank Champs. While it may be insightful to see tables and charts that highlight the requirements, are we really meant to go from R1 to R5 in one sitting without being taxed?
    Lol ok bro. I forgot who I was talking to. You're right. T2a will be a limiting resource for those in master alliances. I guess I just don't think that it should be more limiting to the top alliances than to those below them. And I don't know why Kabam would want to discourage people from competing in top tier wars. But you and Kabam know better than us all!
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would sympathize with this more if t5b wasn't even in the discussion. If ppl just said everyone could use an increase in t2a or increase the amount u get in the glory store i would agree. Once u start saying t5b is too easy to get and we dont get enough of another rare item u lose most ppl in the conversation. Only in the very top is t5b easy to get apparently. Most ppl dont think its in such overflow that they say "we r getting too much t5b." Its easier and cheaper to get now with the increased amount in the glory store, but i would never agree that we get too much. Thats where this conversation loses a lot of ppl.
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    Neotwism said:

I would sympathize with this more if t5b wasn't even in the discussion. If ppl just said everyone could use an increase in t2a or increase the amount u get in the glory store i would agree. Once u start saying t5b is too easy to get and we dont get enough of another rare item u lose most ppl in the conversation. Only in the very top is t5b easy to get apparently. Most ppl dont think its in such overflow that they say "we r getting too much t5b." Its easier and cheaper to get now with the increased amount in the glory store, but i would never agree that we get too much. Thats where this conversation loses a lot of ppl.

Most are saying they want more T2A. The point about t5b is that the rate we are getting them is outpacing the T2a to the point of overflow since we cannot use t5b without significant amount of t2a to go with it.

Karlnak said:

Bigbowlr said:

It does go along with past actions. As they made t4b easier to get they kept t1a tough. As they make 5*s easier again t1a became more in demand and still remained tough to get. Now t5b is getting easier yet the Alphas remain hard to get. It's the way the game has always been Basic and Class cats get easier to obtain yet Alphas will always remain the roadblock.

There's literally been an arena every 8 days where you can get t1a since I started playing 3 years ago. I don't see how this is even comparable.
    Do you not remember when t1 alphas were a huge bottleneck? The arena every 8 days didn't help much when you need 16 to take one 5* to rank 4. People complained constantly on the forum while lower players posted that they were selling t1 alphas constantly as they got them from lower AQ maps and 4*s don't require as many. It is very comparable, the game has always been this way, and it's by design.
    Oh I definitely do. But I don't remember t1a being included in master war rewards, and then taken away. And I also remember that Kabam took steps to fix the problem (and it was a problem, not an intentional balancing effort by Kabam as some are suggesting this is). They increased the amount you could earn in the arena and added them to the alliance event milestone rewards and significantly decreased the cost in the glory store. Those are just off the top of my head. And that's what I'm hoping to help them see by posting (which I rarely do) on the forums. That this is a problem and let's find a solution.
    @XSquad I understand your argument, but saying u are getting so much of a rare item that its going to overflow just tells Kabam that they have made a rare item too easy to get. That may be true for a select few ppl but its not the case for the majority of players.
    Neotwism said:

100% agree. This is only an issue for people in master alliances. A relatively small amount of people. This is a great reward increase across the board outside of masters and would be great for masters as well if even some t2a had been included. As it is, I can see even more people bailing from masters alliances, at least for the time being.

Karlnak said:

That's not a bad idea. It's crazy that as easy as it is to get t4cc they still won't give you one in that arena lol. That arena has been worthless from day 1. But I expect if they added a t2 alpha arena you wouldn't get a full cat and it would replace one worthless arena for another.
    Yeah only works if it's a significant amount of t2a. Ideally, 1 full t2a for completing all the milestones. 4 a month for those with semi-developed 6* rosters seems reasonable to me.
    Karlnak said:

Neotwism said:

100% agree. This is only an issue for people in master alliances. A relatively small amount of people. This is a great reward increase across the board outside of masters and would be great for masters as well if even some t2a had been included. As it is, I can see even more people bailing from masters alliances, at least for the time being.
    How do you figure? I am nowhere near the master alliances and face the same issue with t2a and having t5b potentially expiring because of it.
    @Agentk 1* champs are less valuable than 2* champs yet they are harder to get.
    Agentk said:

The less valuable resource shouldn’t be harder to get simple as

I find t2cc harder to get over t4cc lol
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★

There is a shortage of what now?? I myself can't hold onto t4b or t5b enough, so my t1a and t2a are always in overflow. So I guess it depends on each person.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I have a T2A over flow, I need more T4B lol.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that we are looking into if there is a T2A Shortage. At this time, there is enough access to T2A for Alliances that run High Tier Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars, but this means using Glory for T2A Fragments (the point of that store is that you have the choice of what you want to purchase).

But we know that Summoners like to use their Glory for other things in store as well, and this will be something that we look into in the New Year.

In the meantime, we will not be changing the Season Rewards, because reverting the rewards for all tiers because of the Top Tiers would harm a lot more Alliances, and I'm sure that even Master Level Alliances don't want to see those Boosted Shards going away.

(No, we can't just add the T2A back without balancing the rewards for everybody :tongue: )

How about potions? We use a lot to heal and boost on top of that

Also it’s only measly 1,800 t2a using glory

Maybe actually listen or hear what other master alliances think on cutting out t2alpa?

Here is my stash....and the rate for t2alpha is way to slow

Do I just let these t5b expire????

No! Do not let them expire! Kabam wants you to buy every single one of their crummy offers which yeild 18000 t2a fragments to offset the rate we accuire them in game!
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    As I have mentioned before: I am almost never spending on offers that include t5b / t2a (except unit deals on 4th July and Black Friday). Until now I had enough t2a to fully use up my t5b. This is mostly due to the fact that we have t2a in Master AW rewards AND Act6. Since I have completed 6.1 and 6.3 100% and 6.2 at 85%, this t2a income will stop. With AQ and EQ alone and new AW rewards I will not even have enough t2a to rank 6*s that require 3 t5b. Also I need more 5*s for the class gates in 6.2 ranked up. Those need 10 t2a to take to rank 5. Eventually this will lead to my t5bs expiring ...
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    I don't get any resources from alliance modes, as I am in a chilled relaxed ally, and I had to r4 3 5* champs in last month because of t2a expiring with all those gifts, calendars, side quests, etc. And t5b amount is very low for me. The point is even if I had more t5b, I would've use it on some of my r4 champs to take them to r5. I also don't open any aq crystals because of t4cc overflow, even more t2a there.
    Some things that might help: don't r4 champ you're not going to r5, r2 6* over r5 5*, use more r4 gems, there are a lot of them - 12 year specific from variants, 4 class based from variants and 3 more from act 6, I believe.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Karlnak said:

Karlnak said:

Those in high placing aq alliances could always spend glory on t2a instead of t5b....

I don't spend my glory on either normally...I'm spending it on potions in order to compete in master wars. It's like they want us to not want to play war. I don't get it.
    Then spend it on t2a instead or don't play in a master war alliance if you need that many pots. It's a choice pushing in war. If you enjoy it, more power to you I'm not knocking those that do even though I don't. It's still a choice to use glory for that nonetheless.

I do think t2a for glory value should probably be adjusted however. Half a t2a for 4k glory is quite poor
    Cool. So you are conceding that Kabam has created a war rewards system that discourages competing at the highest level of the game mode. That's all I'm trying to point out. I think we agree. and you're right that people are probably going to have to choose. Do they want to play war because they enjoy it, or do they want to have the fastest progression on their account? It's definitely how they've set it up.
    I think what kabam is trying to do is force top alliances the use their glory on rank up items instead of potions. This makes all the wars more expensive because now you'll need more units to compete instead of using something which gives them no revenue.
  • NegritisNegritis Posts: 58
    Frosty said:

Karlnak said:

Karlnak said:

I think what kabam is trying to do is force top alliances the use their glory on rank up items instead of potions. This makes all the wars more expensive because now you'll need more units to compete instead of using something which gives them no revenue.
    no, kabaam is leading them towards 6r2 (and later 6r3)
    that will solve the 5r3-4 rankup cost
    and give more of a balance for t2a-t5b

im also missing t1a and t4b from the plat rewards
    but its just a push for you to balance your rankups more on whats useful

im not talking about the **** chance to pull worthy 6star champs, simply the fact that thats the direction you are being adviced to go
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    "We heard your suggestions. Here buy the new t2a offers!"
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

"We heard your suggestions. Here buy the new t2a offers!"

Well gotta give them credit.. they listen to their customers.. people were complaining that T2A were hard to come by.. well... now kabam just gave everyone a way to get some.. not everyone will like the medium.. but you can't say they aren't available..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    You do realize Offers are planned well in advance, and have literally nothing to do with the conversation, right? Lol.