**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spirit of Gifting Event - Rank Rewards

Dear Kabam and community,

You guys like game balance/integrity right?

I love your game, but I would love to hear more clear rules related to this special occasion - gifting event.

Topic to discuss:

Two current gifting issue being exploited: 1) Alt accounts dropping into the alliance to gift, then leave. Rinse and repeat. https://youtu.be/9j6G7gCFcwc

2) Certain players/botters having 20-30+ alt accounts donating to their main account/selling to others.

Understandably Kabam you like making money.

Is this Gifting Event quest just going to be which alliances created/owns the most alt accounts?

My hope is you guys (Kabam) are observing/saving all this behavior and going to bring down the ban hammer (and also exlude these alliances/players from any gifting rewards).

Side note: if you guys (Kabam) can address the shell alliance free donation issue in the near future.. that'd be great. (where some alliances have 2 or 3 alternative alliances to drop extra donations from alt accounts for main accounts to make AQ map 7 "completely free" for them). Should these alliances continue to be rewarded for making many many alt accounts that benefit their main account over the years?

Comments

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    These are the sinful weeks man. Take it easy. It’ll pass in a week. Chill..
  • Good point. TBH Kabam can easily turn a blind eye since it may/may not affect their profits, so they may view it as a hassle to respond.

I think a couple ways Kabam can easily track/flag strange behavior is by the number of accounts who donated for the alliance, the bulk of the donations is from what kind of account,
    and which accounts donated to the top 20 rank alliance members.

• Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152
    This needs some strict action. Punishable action i mean. Strip em out of event.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    What mmx is doing is cheap and disreputable but also not against rules. I would also point out that I believe there is next to no chance everything the creator of that videos alliance is doing is above board and ethical. Bigger issue that over the last couple months the biggest source of in game high level items is credit card. There is no content rewards available that can compare to what has been sold over the last 2 months
    edited December 2019
    Deadmaddy said:

Anyone who leaves alliance even for few minutes will not get AW Seasons reward...are you sure your theory isn't just theory?

All depends on when this was going on, also if planned in advance. with the amount of alt accounts people have, one member not getting rank rewards is not going to kill anyone, especially when top rewards from gifting is multiple times the value of a aw season
    edited December 2019
    Of course it’s stolen money/credit cards. We can not stick our heads in the sand with that.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I gotta say if I had time for an alt account I’d like to be doing something like this, And using it meaningfully for once like people did for almost 4 years in the game ( we used to be able to gift our main account items from our alt and the $30 you paid for a gifting badge probably made Kabam turn a blind eye until the credit card fraud debacle started happening. people with 20 accounts who aren’t breaking the actual rules must have a lot of time on their hands and it seems a lot of effort for some in game rewards, clearly they are abusing the system but if there isn’t money changing hands or botting then it’s very smart but a lot of time has been spent to earn all those units in the alt accounts if it wasn’t a lot of time and effort it would be happening a lot more, but the .1% who have 12 hours a day to spend all their time and effort on this game can have those extra gifting rewards for all I care
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Speeds80 said:

I gotta say if I had time for an alt account I’d like to be doing something like this, And using it meaningfully for once like people did for almost 4 years in the game ( we used to be able to gift our main account items from our alt and the $30 you paid for a gifting badge probably made Kabam turn a blind eye until the credit card fraud debacle started happening. people with 20 accounts who aren’t breaking the actual rules must have a lot of time on their hands and it seems a lot of effort for some in game rewards, clearly they are abusing the system but if there isn’t money changing hands or botting then it’s very smart but a lot of time has been spent to earn all those units in the alt accounts if it wasn’t a lot of time and effort it would be happening a lot more, but the .1% who have 12 hours a day to spend all their time and effort on this game can have those extra gifting rewards for all I care

I disagree with the idea that the people who spend 5+ hours a day on extra 10+ accounts (via bots or not) are "very smart" and are worthy of all the extra gifting rewards, but rather addicted to the game and/or making money from selling to another addicted group of people willing to buy cheaper units.

But yea, Kabam hasn't expressed openly what actions they take if any over the years.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    12 hours of a sock puppet post using a video disparaging an alliance. @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • 12 hours of a sock puppet post using a video disparaging an alliance. @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

what is a sock puppet? Do you agree with how mmxiv is playing in this gifting event?

does that mean your a sock puppet for mmxiv?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    What rule is the alliance breaking? If they arent breaking any rules then i would try talking about adding a new rule if needed instead of bashing an alliance for following the rules of the game.
    cause what they are doing is basically the same type of behavior that removed the gifting badge to begin with. I mean so they are not breaking any in game rules just potentially real life laws and possible credit card fraud
    Any alliance could "potentially" be breaking the law with credit cards. Only Kabam could tell if this is happening. Why call out a specific alliance if they haven't done anything wrong and just potentially could be? That doesn't seem to make much sense.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Idk to me maybe the problem isn’t the potential exploit but the fact that doing the exploit and missing out on AQ rewards for a week or 2 and AW season rewards(from 6 weeks) mean nothing compared against the gifting rewards.

The gifting rewards are worth more than multiple seasons which is the true problem with the event imo. But that is the nature of this game.

Me I’ll take what I get because I understand what this game is and I’m f2p but what was said before is true. The last 2 months more was offered in purchases in rank up than what could be earned in half the year in grinding.

Don’t let this bother you though honestly. It’s a p2w game so let the whales be whales and if you aren’t going to put the same kind of time and money in accept that.

For me On the question at hand on this is does it matter that they are using there own personal accounts to boost there scores? It’s still there time and energy and money right? I guess the way I see it they are just using what is there’s on a personal level of it is really there own alt accounts so I don’t see why it is a big deal. They bought or earned it with there play whether a main or an alt account.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Dear Kabam and community,

You guys like game balance/integrity right?

I love your game, but I would love to hear more clear rules related to this special occasion - gifting event.

Topic to discuss:

Two current gifting issue being exploited: 1) Alt accounts dropping into the alliance to gift, then leave. Rinse and repeat. https://youtu.be/9j6G7gCFcwc

2) Certain players/botters having 20-30+ alt accounts donating to their main account/selling to others.

Understandably Kabam you like making money.

Is this Gifting Event quest just going to be which alliances created/owns the most alt accounts?

My hope is you guys (Kabam) are observing/saving all this behavior and going to bring down the ban hammer (and also exlude these alliances/players from any gifting rewards).

Side note: if you guys (Kabam) can address the shell alliance free donation issue in the near future.. that'd be great. (where some alliances have 2 or 3 alternative alliances to drop extra donations from alt accounts for main accounts to make AQ map 7 "completely free" for them). Should these alliances continue to be rewarded for making many many alt accounts that benefit their main account over the years?

If you are actually concerned.. go report it to apple or google.. they don't allow their platforms to be used for fraud.. reporting it to kabam, who have already acknowledged they are ok with fraudulent behaviour for the 2 weeks of the event isn't going to resolve anything.. and if you aren't actually concerned.. then why even bother making a post..
    @Doomsfist79 what proof do u have of kabam ignoring fraudulent behavior? Sounds to me like your just making stuff up.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Padding alliance rank rewards is one thing.

But if I spent the time & energy into multiple accounts, shouldn't I also reap the rewards of gifting myself? (I don't have alts, as one account keeps me busier than it should already)
    Neotwism said:

@Doomsfist79 what proof do u have of kabam ignoring fraudulent behavior? Sounds to me like your just making stuff up.

... they are aware of it.. and yet it is still happening.. also.. in the post for the gifting event they acknowledge it.. maybe you should go read it before making yourself look like an idiot..
    @Doomsfist79 Let me get this straight, you believe Kabam is aiding and abetting criminal activity? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152

Neotwism said:

@Doomsfist79 Let me get this straight, you believe Kabam is aiding and abetting criminal activity? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I'll make this short as i'm not sure of your level of comprehension..

Being aware of something is not the same as aiding and abetting..

The gifting badge was removed in March of 2019 as Kabam became aware of this item being used for fraudulent activity. They could not come up with a solution so removed the item from the game.

See the link below from kabam in reference to this
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/129540/suspension-of-gifting-and-gifting-badge-updated-march-26-15-30-pst#latest

They have brought back the gifting badge for this 2 week event, in the announcement (which it seems you did not read) they state they know the badge can be used in negative ways but also know that the gifting event is something the community looks forward to.

So.. in my response to the OP of this thread.. I suggested if they really had/have an issue with the negative use of the badge to take it up with someone other (apple/google) than Kabam as they are aware and are allowing it for this two week event. At the end of the event the badge will be removed and the fraudulent activity dependant on the badge will cease. I feel it's unfortunate that some would use in game items in such a way.. but don't see that as the fault of Kabam..

Now.. if you still want to think i'm making things up.. that's up to you... but before making idiotic statements.. at least do a little research..
    So what you're saying is it's unfair but not illegal. Either way kabam had so much time, they should've come up with a solution to this. Cause this could lead to deserving alliance not getting their deserving rewards. Asgrd is gonna come first that's confirmed i guess. So, its unfair for the second place.

Neotwism said:

The gifting badge was removed in March of 2019 as Kabam became aware of this item being used for fraudulent activity. They could not come up with a solution so removed the item from the game.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/129540/suspension-of-gifting-and-gifting-badge-updated-march-26-15-30-pst#latest

They have brought back the gifting badge for this 2 week event, in the announcement (which it seems you did not read) they state they know the badge can be used in negative ways but also know that the gifting event is something the community looks forward to.

So.. in my response to the OP of this thread.. I suggested if they really had/have an issue with the negative use of the badge to take it up with someone other (apple/google) than Kabam as they are aware and are allowing it for this two week event. At the end of the event the badge will be removed and the fraudulent activity dependant on the badge will cease. I feel it's unfortunate that some would use in game items in such a way.. but don't see that as the fault of Kabam..

Now.. if you still want to think i'm making things up.. that's up to you... but before making idiotic statements.. at least do a little research..
    So what you're saying is it's unfair but not illegal. Either way kabam had so much time, they should've come up with a solution to this. Cause this could lead to deserving alliance not getting their deserving rewards. Asgrd is gonna come first that's confirmed i guess. So, its unfair for the second place.
    I wasn't taking a stance one way or the other.. I was simply responding to the OP who was looking to start a discussion about the topic.. then responding to Neotwism who was suggesting I was making things up before they actually did any research on the forums about the topic.

As for legality.. I think credit card fraud is considered illegal.. but that may depend on the rules of the country you are in.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

Neotwism said:

I wasn't taking a stance one way or the other.. I was simply responding to the OP who was looking to start a discussion about the topic.. then responding to Neotwism who was suggesting I was making things up before they actually did any research on the forums about the topic.

As for legality.. I think credit card fraud is considered illegal.. but that may depend on the rules of the country you are in.
    Without proof they are com.itting credit card fraud you are guilty of slander and libel laws which is also illegal
    Care to comment on that?
    Let's ban everyone breaking a law ;) have fun