**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I rush to become Cavalier?

Hey guys I’m wondering should I rush to become Cavalier? Right now I’m at the last part which is dealing with Sentinel. I’m kinda hesitant because I won’t be getting 5* shards from the monthly calendar. With that being said I have only 19 5* champs! Would really appreciate some advice as far what should I do. Thanks for your time!

Comments

• LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I would get it done soon as you have a roster capable of doing it.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    If you want cavalier calender next month, you should work on getting cavalier
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Just do it. If you have Hyperion sentinel is very easy. Just play patient and cycle specials.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Full t2a from calendar and a few hundred 6 star shards imo is better then 1k 5 star shards and 1/2 a t2a plus anytime theres a progression based scenario youll be getting less if u aren't cav like for xmas we got a generic and uc got a class based and there will be plenty more of those situations in the future
  • Hey guys I’m wondering should I rush to become Cavalier? Right now I’m at the last part which is dealing with Sentinel. I’m kinda hesitant because I won’t be getting 5* shards from the monthly calendar. With that being said I have only 19 5* champs! Would really appreciate some advice as far what should I do. Thanks for your time!

This is a bit subjective, but here's how I think about it. It can be difficult to compare month to month, so try comparing one year of calendar, assuming "normal" months, just to magnify the difference. Sometimes you get 1000 5* shards and sometimes 1500 5* shards in the UC calendar, so excluding February and special months you average about 1250 5* shards per month which is 15000 in a 12 month year. Conversely you get a full T2A instead of half every month, so the Cav calendar gets 6 T2A per year more than the UC calendar.

So even if we ignore the ~3000 6* shards that the Cav calendar generates per year, which would you take if you could choose: 15000 5* shards or 6 T2A? Personally I would go for the T2A, but that's the choice in a nutshell.

• DNA3000 said:

Hey guys I’m wondering should I rush to become Cavalier? Right now I’m at the last part which is dealing with Sentinel. I’m kinda hesitant because I won’t be getting 5* shards from the monthly calendar. With that being said I have only 19 5* champs! Would really appreciate some advice as far what should I do. Thanks for your time!

This is a bit subjective, but here's how I think about it. It can be difficult to compare month to month, so try comparing one year of calendar, assuming "normal" months, just to magnify the difference. Sometimes you get 1000 5* shards and sometimes 1500 5* shards in the UC calendar, so excluding February and special months you average about 1250 5* shards per month which is 15000 in a 12 month year. Conversely you get a full T2A instead of half every month, so the Cav calendar gets 6 T2A per year more than the UC calendar.

So even if we ignore the ~3000 6* shards that the Cav calendar generates per year, which would you take if you could choose: 15000 5* shards or 6 T2A? Personally I would go for the T2A, but that's the choice in a nutshell.

First of all thank you for taking the time to really go in depth for future monthly calendars. This really helps for my decision, which I’m going for Cavalier! That’s for the help!
  • Thank you guys so much for the help and advice! I will be proceeding to become Cavalier! Thank you all for you time!
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    5 star generic gem went on christmas day.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

Full t2a from calendar and a few hundred 6 star shards imo is better then 1k 5 star shards and 1/2 a t2a plus anytime theres a progression based scenario youll be getting less if u aren't cav like for xmas we got a generic and uc got a class based and there will be plenty more of those situations in the future

Till another title that will offer juicier rewards lol
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

Till another title that will offer juicier rewards lol
    I reallllly hope there isnt a progression title until the next story arc begins, id like to not have to rush 6.3 and then 6.4 when that comes out to catch up to a title, cavalier is still relatively new, would be nice to keep it at the top awhile.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

I did it guys! Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

Huge congrats, who did you use? I am on 6.1.5 currently
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Cavalier crystals.
    'nuff said
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

Kinda bummed out cause I could’ve r4ed some champs and pushed for Cavalier before the AGs were gifted
  • iRetr0 said:

I did it guys! Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

Huge congrats, who did you use? I am on 6.1.5 currently

This is my team I used nothing crazy! (With some exceptions)

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    You want cavalier. Ya you sacrifice the 1000 5 * shards from monthly but you do gain the ability to get 1000 5 * shards from your daily crystal.

Not to mention all the other benefits like progression based rewards.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Work on ranking your 5*s first to a point that you'd be comfortable exploring Act 6.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Timone147 said:

You want cavalier. Ya you sacrifice the 1000 5 * shards from monthly but you do gain the ability to get 1000 5 * shards from your daily crystal.

Not to mention all the other benefits like progression based rewards.

Yeah but it’s very rare that you get that.... most of the time it’s t4b/t4cc drags