**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

About the Annihilus Update

He is one of the most difficult defenders, if he is going to improve him to attack, consequently he will become even more difficult in defense if he increases the damage of his strikes.
Some champions should be immune to STIFLE, the robots, Dormammu and the 2 Colossus, in armored form he doesn't need to breathe.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

He is one of the most difficult defenders, if he is going to improve him to attack, consequently he will become even more difficult in defense if he increases the damage of his strikes.
    Some champions should be immune to STIFLE, the robots, Dormammu and the 2 Colossus, in armored form he doesn't need to breathe.

offensively he is super dud and has no damage at all.. defensively he is difficult because of 60% chance for parry to miss whichj is too much n his unstoppables,
    if he was to balance i would reduce that stun chance to 30% n reduce unstopable duration by a margin ,in return he can use some minor power gain , stronger armour breaks ,stiffel immunity , stronger fury too perhaps
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★

Robots being immune to stifle would be against the class system. Then Annihilus would hit like a wet noodle against most important tech champions. This suggestion is not well thought.

At this point I agree with you, the game has that of class relations, but it has to have champions that are immune to STIFLE, for example champions that are immune to inverted control.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Kalantak said:

offensively he is super dud and has no damage at all.. defensively he is difficult because of 60% chance for parry to miss whichj is too much n his unstoppables,
    if he was to balance i would reduce that stun chance to 30% n reduce unstopable duration by a margin ,in return he can use some minor power gain , stronger armour breaks ,stiffel immunity , stronger fury too perhaps
    It would be good, improves armor break and fury, but also has to decrease defensive skills, if not decrease defensive skills, it will become more OP in defense.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    no learn how to fight him or use a mystic champ
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Or dash back and use a light ackt
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★

Robots being immune to stifle would be against the class system. Then Annihilus would hit like a wet noodle against most important tech champions. This suggestion is not well thought.

At this point I agree with you, the game has that of class relations, but it has to have champions that are immune to STIFLE, for example champions that are immune to inverted control.
    Why? It's a unique debuff. Why does it automatically need a specific counter? When very effective generic counters to Stifle already exist?

Name a champ immune to degeneration.

Or immune to Domino's Critical Failure? (Before anyone chimes in with 'Tech champs': no, they aren't!)

Or a champ immune to Warlock's Virus?

Or immune to Plasma passives?

Or to Nova Flames?

I'd put forth that Domino, IMIW, Warlock, and Human Torch are more in need of a specific counter than Bug-Faced 'Just-take-a-shrug-off-champ' Annihilus.

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Annihilus is currently amongst the top defenders, if not the best. Doesn’t need any balance at all, in my opinion. Some champs are good at one thing, some champs are good at another. There’s no need all champs can do all things. Anyway, there are older champs deserve the game teams attention for buffing and they are still not getting any (Magneto, Rocket Racoon etc).
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

You mean like magneto has an advantage against most techs? It’s already happening in game
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Strange.. thought all threads with speculation about the balance changes were being shut down and removed.. yet here we are..
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    You mean like magneto has an advantage against most techs? It’s already happening in game
    That’s one of the few unavoidable exceptions though, a champ having advantage despite the class disadvantage. If that was going to be mainstream, then the class advantage/disadvantage would actually have no meaning. As for Magneto, many skill champs should be tagged as metal but they are not, expanding and exposing more Magneto’s odd advantage to naturally superior techs.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Should have just titled this "I dont know how to intercept."
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

Should have just titled this "I dont know how to intercept."

Just stop. The champ is known to be one of the toughest defenders in game. of course a skilled player can combat that, but it doesn’t change the fact that if the buff his attack he will be that much worse. I face him nearly every war on agis heavy. I have learned him, but that doesn’t mean I want him to be harder.

6.4 beta there was a mini of him with no retreat. One of the worst fight designs I have ever played