**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 and Scouts

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Now that we can see the classes in war how does the scout masteries come into play? Are they useless now? Cause I have 3 scouts which served me very well in war.

Comments

• Keram85Keram85 Posts: 23
    That's an excellent question. If they're making them useless than just remove them and give ppl back the resources for them.
  • ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    Keram85 wrote: »
    That's an excellent question. If they're making them useless than just remove them and give ppl back the resources for them.

Agreed
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Still no response from a mod about this? Wow!
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Just removed my recon. Nice to not need them anymore but not happy about what it took to get them and it now be such a waste
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Didn't these masteries exist prior to war and don't they still show you hidden classes in quests?
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Didn't these masteries exist prior to war and don't they still show you hidden classes in quests?

Nope they were put in after war and all of my quest is showing Class with hidden Champ info, so basically they are useless now.
  • Yeah. Now my class scout will be useless in war.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    realiTic wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Nope they were put in after war and all of my quest is showing Class with hidden Champ info, so basically they are useless now.
    I don't think that's true unless we have an example fo the Mandela effect here. Ha.

Back in October of 2015 detect masteries were added along with Act 4 in patch 5.0, war did not come along until February of 2016.

Also people have benefited from detect masteries in EQ and ACT 4 maybe 5? I dunno. But war is not the only use, maybe to some people they are now useless sure but they are not useless.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ok while I don't have these the people that I know got them did so purely for war. Those saying they are still useful need to get off the high horse and realize that the primary reason our alliance mates got these was to help out themselves and others in war.

Literally they serve no purpose for an endgame player any more.

This is just like when willpower was nerfed and while suicides went untouched they were indirectly nerfed as a result. Something should be done for our fellow players and alliance mates who invested a lot of units into these.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    I have one point in both science and mystic detect purely for war, but it's a simple fix to just switch my masteries. Nothing to get too upset about.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Some people invested in the cores needed to unlock them
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Yeah, but 10 cores isn't that expensive for the use you got out of them. Plus, I used excess loyalty to get the cores. I don't use loyalty for anything other than donations and the odd potions here and there.