**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Domino critical failure

When I use mysterio against domino she never puts a critical failure on me, but when I use archangel whose ability accuracy cannot be reduced domino puts a critical failure on me whenever a parry or poison from block fails to trigger. Why is this?

Comments

• ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Archangel doesn't have a 100 percent chance if I recall so it failing has no bearing on his aar. It failed because it's less then 100 percent chance.
    Thus crit failed.
    I could be wrong I don't use aa much
  • It takes 4 Bleeds to have 100% chance to place a Poison on someone with AA (chance to place Poison increases 'by a flat 25% per Bleed'). So everytime you lack 4 or more Bleeds, and attempt to place a Poison via Block, it will trigger Critical Failure when it fails to work.
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    The first two posts have answered this, but to be clear, critical failure triggers whenever an ability fails to trigger. It doesn’t specifically need to be because the ability accuracy has been reduced. AA does not have an inherent 100% chance to inflict poison or bleed, so when those abilities fail to trigger (which they naturally will), critical failure will trigger. It never triggers with Mysterio because all of his abilities (inflicting poison, poison charged building etc) all have a 100% chance of occurring, so they will never fail.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    ECOMA said:

Archangel doesn't have a 100 percent chance if I recall so it failing has no bearing on his aar. It failed because it's less then 100 percent chance.
    Thus crit failed.
    I could be wrong I don't use aa much

This is correct.
    Even if AA is AAR immune that immunity doesn’t prevent things from triggering when they have less than 100% chance. It just prevents the chance from going lower
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aa has abilities on basically every hit that don’t have a 100% chance to trigger, mysterio doesn’t