**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is MCOC trying to tell me something?

At the moment I have 19 5* , with only 1 r4 and only 3 out of 19 awakened. The 1 r4 champ is Gwen Pool unawakened. Recently I opened 2 featured crystals and duped Man-Thing...twice. I was going to take up EB to r4 next but I'm wondering if the two Man-Thing openings is a sign he should be my next rank up. In my opinion EB is the better champ, even unawakened, but since my only other r4 is skill that is making me reconsider Man-Thing. I have limited resources and it'll be awhile until I have enough to rank the other champ. Who should I take to r4

Is MCOC trying to tell me something? 41 votes

Elsa Bloodstone ( unawakened)
68%
bhuv9191BigbadromoCharbelCirnesCmbk96TerraDarkrider05Ethans8279RoOOtsAssumedNameBattle_GreninjaGrootman1294shadow_lurker22Thi101BowTieJohnFhfjghhggggjfhfjgEtjamaKingOfKings1DarkEternityHedronTSM_Mcoc 28 votes
Man-Thing ( sig 70)
31%
jdrum663OnmixMaster3418KerneasLordNeoArsozBabyMiikeH3t3rSynq_SpawnzyySpideyFunkoNerdNerdNerd1Nightbat216Soar2878 13 votes

Comments

• RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Elsa Bloodstone ( unawakened)
    You will get a lot of junk from kabam. doesn't mean you have to lvl them up.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    If that was the case then I would've had a Rank 4 Iron Patriot, then not even a month later pull a 5 Star Warlock that I then couldn't Rank Up...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Id wait
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Man-Thing ( sig 70)
    Having 2 r4s from same class is a bad choice from my experience
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I should clarify. I like both champions and have held off on this rank up for a good while. Honestly, it'd be great if I pulled some amazing God tier champ soon but at the rate I pull 5* and the RNG involved I'll probably have sufficient resources when that day comes. Having another R4 in my roster will be helpful. So I understand people saying they'd wait but I've gotten to a place where I'd rather rank up useful champs I like vs waiting forever to pull the game changing ones. If I'm wrong and pull Doom next month, then I promise not to complain on the forum regarding how long it takes to build up resources :smile: . Seriously, I appreciate people's opinions on holding off but I'd really like feedback specific to whether it's better to rank the "better" champ despite her being the same class as my only other R4.
    zeezee57 said:

I should clarify. I like both champions and have held off on this rank up for a good while. Honestly, it'd be great if I pulled some amazing God tier champ soon but at the rate I pull 5* and the RNG involved I'll probably have sufficient resources when that day comes. Having another R4 in my roster will be helpful. So I understand people saying they'd wait but I've gotten to a place where I'd rather rank up useful champs I like vs waiting forever to pull the game changing ones. If I'm wrong and pull Doom next month, then I promise not to complain on the forum regarding how long it takes to build up resources :smile: . Seriously, I appreciate people's opinions on holding off but I'd really like feedback specific to whether it's better to rank the "better" champ despite her being the same class as my only other R4.

I think the question you should be thinking of is what does each champ bring to the table as far as your roster goes. All we really know is GP is R4 but we're not familiar with the rest of your questing team, whether you're looking to use them for defense, AQ/AW or just general questing. It really would depend on whether what MT or Elsa brings would serve you better as far as complimenting the rest of your roster.
    Excellent point. I just finished becoming Uncollected about a month ago so the next challenge is 5.3 and uncollected monthly. My current go to roster for quests are:

CAIW 5/50 awakened
    AA 5/50 awakened
    Gwenpool r4 unawakened

With rotating spots for
    Venom 5/50 awakened
    GR 5/50 awakened
    Namor 5/50 awakened
    EB R3 unawakened
    SG 5/50 unawakened
    Man-Thing R3 awakened
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Man-Thing ( sig 70)
    If go MT definitely
  • Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    Man-Thing ( sig 70)
    I have a 5 star R4 MT and he is great. Add a few points in mystic dispersion and you should be good to go.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Kerneas said:

Having 2 r4s from same class is a bad choice from my experience

I disagree there are a bunch of champions that are in the same class worthy of ranking Void, Capt IW, Thing, Gladiator Hulk all science come to mind. Hyperion, Medusa, the champion, Corvus Glaive each Cosmic & each worth ranking.
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    With 19 5*’s you should be opening basics, this featured crystal sucks also if you ask me
    mmmbanyas said:

With 19 5*’s you should be opening basics, this featured crystal sucks also if you ask me

I generally agree with you but 50% of the featured were champs I'd be really happy with, and I had more shards than usual from gifting so I thought I'd go for it. I was cool with the first MT dupe but the second was kind of a bummer. Still better than the Falcon I pulled from a basic yesterday so I don't really regret it.