**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Tier Nodes

DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,478 ★★★★
So we are currently in T4 for AW, however this war we seem to be fighting T3 nodes? We still have T4 multiplier which doesn't seem correct.

The other alliance seems to be fighting T3 nodes too, but these nodes weren't displayed when placing. I don't care about fighting T3 nodes, however it was unexpected, and we aren't being rewarded for fighting the nodes in question.

We've had this happen in previously too - guessing this is more of a support ticket issue but I wanted to know if anyone else is, or has experienced this?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,991 ★★★★★
    If you face a enemy with a higher/lower tier than you in war, it's 50/50 if it's their or your map the war is played on. Think so anyway
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Happens to us. We were tier 3/4 All season. When we dropped to tier 4 we still faced tier 3 nodes. But received tier 4 rewards after. It’s happens a lot.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    edited December 2019
    I started a thread about this earlier today: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/175793/aw-tier-12-intermediate

I recognize that sometimes an alliance in tier N can match against an alliance in tier N-1 and thus see nodes and maps one level higher. But people are seeing maps that are in essence two tiers higher (i.e. the next higher map level is two or more war tiers above them) which doesn't seem to be a case of just matching against someone slightly higher. It is possible this is affecting many alliances, but most alliances aren't noticing the map change as they don't realize the map they are getting is higher than the one they should be getting.

Edit: shortly after posting this, I discovered my problem: I was using an old difficulty tier chart that was pre-seasons. I don't know if this has anything to do with this issue or if my error was a completely unrelated one. Apologies for the confusion.