**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW tier 12 = intermediate?

My understanding of the war tiers was that the tiers collated to map types as follows:

Tier 1: Expert
Tiers 2-3: Challenger
Tiers 4-7: Hard
Tiers 8-10: Intermediate
Tiers 11-13: Normal
Tiers 14-20: Easy

However, we've been getting intermediate maps for the last several wars even though we've been in tier 12 the entire time. Did the tiers change and I missed it? Is anyone else seeing this in any other tier (expecting one type of map and getting another)? I wrote it off the first time as being just a match making glitch, but three in a row sounds like not a glitch.

Comments

• LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Well I'm currently in Tier 8 and get hard. Been as low as Tier 11 this season and never seen a normal.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Tier 4 and 5 are challenger have been on challenger most of the season bouncing between 4 and 5
    So based on what you said I'm guessing it's a small thing

1/3 expert
    4/5 challenger (I recall 6 being different)
    6 to whatever hard
    And so on
  • ECOMA said:

Tier 4 and 5 are challenger have been on challenger most of the season bouncing between 4 and 5

I know it is theoretically possible to be one war tier lower than the bracket range and still match at a higher bracket, because you could be on the borderline matching with someone just above it. But 12 is deep inside of Normal and 5 is sufficiently inside Hard that this seems to be something else going on: It sounds like alliances are getting maps one bracket higher than their war tier would dictate, at least some of the time.
  • ECOMA said:

So based on what you said I'm guessing it's a small thing

1/3 expert
    4/5 challenger (I recall 6 being different)
    6 to whatever hard
    And so on

If the levels have been redone to different tiers, that would also explain it, although I couldn't find an announcement for that change anywhere. It is possible I missed it, but if someone else has a link to such a thing that would be helpful as well.
    Our war leader keeps saying we dont want to hit tier 3 cause the map gets stupid hard and he knew tier 4 and 5 were this map before season started I don't recall an announcement either tho.

But he swears this is normal and not something he didnt wxpect

I mean that's old but it's the last info I can find too
  • @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike any chance someone could take a peek at this? Is this a bug, or a change that escaped the patch notes, or a match making glitch that is only affecting a few alliances?
  • *** I am fairly certain that at some point they expanded the formerly only Tier-1 Expert into 3 different Expert Tiers (1-3). So former Tiers 2-4 Challenger became Tiers 4-6 for Challenger, etc, all the way down to bottom Tier-20 had then turned into Tier-22.

If you push all the OP's breakdown listed at top down by 2 Tiers each then, they will ALL match correctly with the Difficulty Level that everyone was saying they were seeing.

Don’t know when or where the change was made, but I do remember changing the notes I keep for myself detailing the breakdowns.
  • ...and in fact, if you take a look at the current Season 15 buffs post, it shows highest buffs for Tiers 1-3, then some more buffs at Tiers 4-5. Those would be the Expert and Challenger ranges.
  • I kept looking for something, and I finally found it: the change occurred with the introduction of seasons: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/47443/announcing-alliance-wars-seasons

I don't know why I had the old tiers in my mind and Googling around couldn't find this: I ended up having to basically read the entire forums again looking for war related threads.

So problem solved: this is the correct chart for tiers, not the older one.
  • @DNA3000 , yep, found that old pic as well after you mentioned it. But you may want to check to see what the Multiplier is in the Exper Tiers.
    Back at that time, the original Pic was either originally incorrect, or the Multiplier changed shortly thereafter.
    I had edited my pic way back when (but ain’t up in those Tiers so can’t confirm if they are still as how I edited mine) ...

Its 876
  • Thx @ECOMA , I know I must have seen 7.0, 6.2, 5.5 somewhere back then, as to why I edited my saved pic.
    Maybe they were “gonna” be that way at first, and then ended up actually being 8, 7, 6 once it came out ??
  • Thx @ECOMA , I know I must have seen 7.0, 6.2, 5.5 somewhere back then, as to why I edited my saved pic.
    Maybe they were “gonna” be that way at first, and then ended up actually being 8, 7, 6 once it came out ??

No, I'm pretty sure the multipliers were changed, because the numbers you edited into the pic are the ones I used to remember from when I used to track our alliances stats when we still did competitive war (basically, up to season nine). Between then and now they seem to have switched back, but I don't know when that happened.
  • 😀😀 so I’m NOT losing my mind, lol. Even went into game (OCD kicking in) to look and make sure there wasn’t some type of difference between running 1 group vs 3 groups, nope.

Similar thing as when AQ Map Multipliers had mysteriously/drastically changed, without seeing any notice of it (and I even asked up here about that at the time too).
    That being said, as you've seen in my post, we're T4 (Challenger) fighting T3 (Expert) nodes. Now the difference between x4.5 and x6 is huge

How about putting those Last couple SUPPORT REPLIES over in your thread regarding the disparity between Multiplier when fighting against an opponent in the next tier higher than yours. That’s would be the appropriate thread to continue that conversation (as if it hasn’t already been questioned about many many times already)

This was just about WHAT THE ACTUAL MULTIPLIERS and DIFFICULTIES ARE, not about cross-Tier wars.