**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Middle of the road luck account

Sometimes I wonder what's really going on behind the curtains at kabam. I've spent more on this game than a decent used truck would cost from the last 6 years. I've bought so, so, so many special offer crystals, saved for blade, bought featured crystals, ggc's, millions in battle chips, featured 5 and 6 star crystals. I have never ever once had an OMG moment. Never. I've never gotten a 4* monthly free champ, never pulled a featured character, never got an awakening gem as a rare gift, I have no immortal iron fist, no 5 star punisher, no kang, no thanos, no goldpool, never got a 5 star from the bundled 5 pack featured offers, even though I've bought nearly every single one. Never got a 5 star from a cavalier crystal, let alone a 6 star, though I've opened dozens. Sure, kabam gives me good champs from time to time, but that golden beam of luck has never ever ever hit me in the couple years and thousands of dollars I've spent playing this game daily. Squirrel girl is coming, the champ I've been wanting since I started. I've saved units for her, but I won't get her for months and it will break my heart. I've got a pretty solid account, so it's not like I've never had good luck, but I'm still waiting on my OMG moment. Anyone else in this position?

Comments

• Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    But... but... but... I thought the prevailing conspiracy theory was that spending is supposed to give you good RNG luck.

Have I been lied to all this time??? :(
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’ll be spending units for Squirrel Girl too, we’re in this together!
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    The_One said:

Terra said:

Got a TLDR on that wall of text OP?

Seriously?
    It's like 1 paragraph.
    Ever read a book?
    Lol
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry for you. I'm pretty much the opposite of you: I've had a good share of luck. I had Medusa as my first 5 star, I put a 4* Darkhawk from a login crystal and recently got a 4* Thanos.

That's just the thing about luck: it just happens to people. You might have been lucky in some different occasion while I have not.

If you only rely on luck to be happy, I can say you won't find happiness, only misery.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Luck is such a funny concept to me. I have had many long conversations about it with friends, family, etc. Thru all the talk the only fact I know is that I cannot explain it, yet it feels real.
    I wonder if we would have a different outlook if there was no internet/line chat/you tube? I think we have all watched a video, read a post, etc, where someone has an example of insane "luck" which causes us to reflect inward. If that media was unavailable would we still think we had bad luck or would we simply accept it as a mechanic of the game?

Thoughts?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm right there with you OP. I have pulled a featured champ a couple of times but not once on the old 20% crystals and one of them was Red Skull so that barely counts lol. Occasionally I put my conspiracy theory hat on when I see the same guys getting lucky over and over again but I do believe it's just luck.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Show you’re roster and the we will talk
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I can definitely relate...although I have had some good pulls they come so far apart that when I finally get blessed w/ "A" amazing champ ...it more like "it's about time moment" than a "OMG" moment... but hey it's a new year so I am keeping hope alive & wallet my semi-closed ...LOL...Happy 2020.
  • MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    I feel like sure, anyone else at thus stage of their progress would have a similar roster, but you'd miss the bigger picture of what I DON'T have based on my luck. Re read what I originally posted. Roster has very little to do with it

Here's what 2 years and $10k has gotten me.

• solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    2 years? You have much better luck than I've had in 5.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

solopolo said:

he could have gotten these 5stars in basic crystals and what not
    he isn't talking about them
    he is taking about the featured crystals that people buy when new character comes out for units and real money stuff

he is talking about a golden moment where you get really lucky like buy a single crystal and pull off a 6*champ
    or buy 1ggc or 1 goldpool crystal and get that champion

I have seen many people who pull a goldpool in 10 or so crystals thats insanely lucky too

i would say that I have the same luck as you op
    I dont spend real money but any kind of featured crystals or ggcs I got had nothing jackpot for the past 3years
    He'll be waiting a hell of a long time for something like that to happen, if ever. The average mcoc player will never see something like that. It has nothing to do with progress, time spent or money spent. You just have to be incredibly lucky, you can't really be disappointed when it doesn't happen.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    I'm a little more intrigued by the fact that you don't have a single r5.

you likely got the generic gem for Christmas, i would pop that into Aegon and bring him to r4 and get the easy path done in Labyrinth.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    For some solace, compare Seatin's $42,000 primary account to his 2 Free To Play accounts.
    RakeYoung said:

I'm a little more intrigued by the fact that you don't have a single r5.

you likely got the generic gem for Christmas, i would pop that into Aegon and bring him to r4 and get the easy path done in Labyrinth.

I just now got 2 t5's. It took this long. Also, I chose blade over aegon, and dumped a hundred or so sig stones into him.

solopolo said:

he could have gotten these 5stars in basic crystals and what not
    he isn't talking about them
    he is taking about the featured crystals that people buy when new character comes out for units and real money stuff

he is talking about a golden moment where you get really lucky like buy a single crystal and pull off a 6*champ
    or buy 1ggc or 1 goldpool crystal and get that champion

I have seen many people who pull a goldpool in 10 or so crystals thats insanely lucky too

i would say that I have the same luck as you op
    I dont spend real money but any kind of featured crystals or ggcs I got had nothing jackpot for the past 3years
    Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything I have that's good came from basic shard openings. Ive never had that lucky moment, but have watched my alliance mates pull all kinds of awakening gems, and 10k 6* to 15k 5* shards and even a few thanos from just the recent gifting event. The best thing I got from all the few dozen gcc I opened was some gold and t4 shards. My openings are always 100% average, and it's a little disappointing that I don't have any omg stories
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    As I stated earlier I can definitely relate to how you feel … but dang I wished I had your rooster ;-)
    Xdonre said:

As I stated earlier I can definitely relate to how you feel … but dang I wished I had your rooster ;-)

It's not THAT good. I'll be you anything that you have a handful of champs I'd love to have too