**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting event and permanent gifting badge

Is there any talks of the permanent gifting badge returning? Since the gifting event is annual and all long term players know when it comes how is it not ripe for the same abuse as the permanent gifting badge? Has the team come up with solutions on how to curb the abuse of the permanent gifting badge?

Comments

• They have already said in another post awhile ago that they do not have a plan to bring it back permanently.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

In all honesty, they shouldn't even bring back the event next year either.

They should 1 more time with HUGE rewards then ban everyone that cheats even a tiny bit forever
    Any reputable company bans them for life on the tiniest instance of fraud here. Bought 1 unit off mercs or 400k perm bans without remorse
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    FR33_HUG5 said:

Kabam isn’t going to leave this in the dust bin for new year. They made too much money off of the gifting event.
    I'd rather them just stop the event if they cant prevent the fraud or cheating. Everyone wanted the event now everyone is complaining about the cheating and "proof" of fraudulent units. Kabam has very little reach outside the game when it comes to fraud. It's incredibly hard to deal with as all they have is screenshots which can all be doctored. Hard to tell reality from fantasy.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    So what were the actual issues that led to the banning?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I would love for them to only allow it within your alliance with maybe a 1 week blackout period for new members.
    Zuko_ILC said:

I would love for them to only allow it within your alliance with maybe a 1 week blackout period for new members.

Have to be in allaince the entire event
    If you leave the allaince all points are set to zero from that player ends the Merced units
    How do you even get fraudulent units?
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Goken2345 said:

How do you even get fraudulent units?

Let me make this simple for you. Don’t go down that road.
    For obvious reasons that question should be ignored
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    What gets me is they took it away cause their reason was fraud. Which might be part of it but I doubt that was the whole reason. They only bring it back and do not care about cheating or fraud because it makes them millions in just a couple weeks.
    ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

If you leave the allaince all points are set to zero from that player ends the Merced units
    That or just lock alliance entry or exit for the event.

ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Nah I should be allowed to boot someone who is sabotaging war or aq or being abusive in chats locking people in is never ok
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Nah I should be allowed to boot someone who is sabotaging war or aq or being abusive in chats locking people in is never ok
    I don't disagree but most of the time, not always, when this event comes around the people in an alliance have been there a while or have somewhat proven themselves to be for lack of better term.worthy to stay.
    Well let me rephrase my question: how are fraudulent units even a thing to be inserted into the game and not automatically detected as somethings not right here

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

I don't disagree but most of the time, not always, when this event comes around the people in an alliance have been there a while or have somewhat proven themselves to be for lack of better term.worthy to stay.
    The I csnt be kicked mentality sets in for some and that creates abuse even among people you know.

Once you remove repercussions for actions people will always push the limits.

Human nature
    edited January 2020

you cannot tell me they did not foresee that fraud would happen
    they took it away claiming because rampit fraud saying it was not feeseable or fair to the players who played fairly (more like costing them money gotta sell those units *wink*
    they then bring it back with zero changes or protections and expect that fraud not to return either you knew better or whoever made the desision to do so is an idiot

100% agree. The numbers do not lie. They bring this event back with no means of preventing fraud, cheating, and will do nothing going forward to change. I really think alot of the badge being taken away too was people have several small accounts that were gifting their main potions and revives and it was costing kabam money.

although watching a cowhale temper tantrum did amuse the **** out of me lol

Go watch maladar gaming you can see even more of them.

• loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    ECOMA said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Kabam isn’t going to leave this in the dust bin for new year. They made too much money off of the gifting event.
    I'd rather them just stop the event if they cant prevent the fraud or cheating. Everyone wanted the event now everyone is complaining about the cheating and "proof" of fraudulent units. Kabam has very little reach outside the game when it comes to fraud. It's incredibly hard to deal with as all they have is screenshots which can all be doctored. Hard to tell reality from fantasy.
    They can track how many purchases of units you have done(likely do)
    They can track earned units in game(likely do)
    If total spent ever exceeds total earned or bought you found a scam and delete the acct.

Any developer tracks purchased and earned currency it's actually quite simple.

The arena bots lifting an allaince score is slightly more complicated.

But fraud units is devolper 101 type problems to solve
    They do track all of that because if you ever want to change your email address to your account they ask you about recent purchases and you have to verify that in order to change your email address so they can track it. It would be interesting to see if people in any lower alliances got banned from this event that may have been cheating. Alliances that get that spend that much off of a mobile game would make me wonder and check. Seatin makes a point when he shows the #1 alliance bringing in a level 49 guy to their alliance.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

you cannot tell me they did not foresee that fraud would happen
    they took it away claiming because rampit fraud saying it was not feeseable or fair to the players who played fairly (more like costing them money gotta sell those units *wink*
    they then bring it back with zero changes or protections and expect that fraud not to return

either your a. Greedy b.gullible or c. incredibly stupid to not realize this before the event started.

im guessing a and c

They admitted right off the bat that they knew there was some risk in bringing back the event so answer is D. None of the above.
  • MultiManagerMultiManager Posts: 30
    Agree with earlier post, bring it back again temporarily, dangle a massive carrot and see who dares to cheat and ban them phukkers for life....m .. m... x .. .i... v....ahem cough cough
This discussion has been closed.