**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mysterio - need somebody to explain him to me...

So, as of recently, I have acquired the tech champ known as mysterio, and I was just wondering if somebody could help explain him to me... to clarify on what I’m asking, I’ve watched countless videos on YouTube and have even read up on how to build up his chemical gas except, I’ve had no success!

As y’all can see mine is not duplicated which means he doesn’t passively gain chemical gas, you have to build it up yourself... so from reading his ability description, the text says “he gains one chemical gas charge on his second medium attack”, but that doesn’t really help me. Could someone explain in more detail how I can do this? Is there a strategy to this, like do I have to intercept or do something special?
Thx in advance for the responses

Comments

• PechyPechy Posts: 14
    For his gas, you just need to do either a combo that ends in a medium, it doesn’t matter how you started the combo
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    I actually got him as a 6 star a day ago and I'm already loving him and seeing really nicedamage output. Anyways, the way you want to use him is he gains a gas charge from ending a combo with a medium attack. So you would just hit the opponent like you normally would! If you want to build them up fast, then your combo should be parry/intercept, medium, medium and that will get you one charge or if you're just trying to build them up at a normal rate, Parry/intercept, Medium, Light, Light, Light, Medium. once you've reached three charges, parry the opponent and Immediately use your special three, so you can immediately dash in and start laying down the pain. for the duration of the frenzy gas, you can choose if you want to push to get 2 mega poisons, or just 1 poison then use the rest of the time for big physical damage. If you want maximum poison, immediately go for the first combo I mentioned (Medium, Medium). Do that three times and you'll be back up to three charges. once at three charges, parry and use a heavy attack to put a massive poison on the opponent. From there, you can either repeat this to try and get a second poison off (though it's hard and you need to be very aggressive since you don't have the awakened ability), or just go back to normal combos after you've gotten the first poison off (Medium, Light, Light, Light, Medium). Then, if they're not dead already, repeat the process from the beginning
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Felganos said:

I actually got him as a 6 star a day ago and I'm already loving him and seeing really nicedamage output. Anyways, the way you want to use him is he gains a gas charge from ending a combo with a medium attack. So you would just hit the opponent like you normally would! If you want to build them up fast, then your combo should be parry/intercept, medium, medium and that will get you one charge or if you're just trying to build them up at a normal rate, Parry/intercept, Medium, Light, Light, Light, Medium. once you've reached three charges, parry the opponent and Immediately use your special three, so you can immediately dash in and start laying down the pain. for the duration of the frenzy gas, you can choose if you want to push to get 2 mega poisons, or just 1 poison then use the rest of the time for big physical damage. If you want maximum poison, immediately go for the first combo I mentioned (Medium, Medium). Do that three times and you'll be back up to three charges. once at three charges, parry and use a heavy attack to put a massive poison on the opponent. From there, you can either repeat this to try and get a second poison off (though it's hard and you need to be very aggressive since you don't have the awakened ability), or just go back to normal combos after you've gotten the first poison off (Medium, Light, Light, Light, Medium). Then, if they're not dead already, repeat the process from the beginning

This. Also his sig makes building chemical gas easier.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    First of all....congrats! Mysterio happens to be my favorite character in the game and universe! I'll never turn down an opportunity to talk shop about my favorite champ:
    Ending combos with M adds a chem gas (max 3). Ending in L places a passive heal block, thats extended for each chem gas you have. So youll want to build your gasses and then attack the rest of the fight from there. Heavy spends chem gasses to place a poison on the opp. Damage increases with the amount of gasses used. Sp2 has a fairly potent power drain (enhanced by number of chem gasses) Sp3 gives you a frenzy gas that more than doubles his attack for a bit. the damage is awesome here! Heavy Poison ticks for just over 2.5k a tick at r4. once again, the time window with the increased attack rating is prolonged by the amount of gasses you have before firing it off. I havent used the SP1 much, so i dont have much feedback for that one. Hope that helps a bit!
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Do MM or MLM to build gas charges. Enjoy the damage! He is a fun champ
  • Ajay121Ajay121 Posts: 39

First of all....congrats! Mysterio happens to be my favorite character in the game and universe! I'll never turn down an opportunity to talk shop about my favorite champ:
    Ending combos with M adds a chem gas (max 3). Ending in L places a passive heal block, thats extended for each chem gas you have. So youll want to build your gasses and then attack the rest of the fight from there. Heavy spends chem gasses to place a poison on the opp. Damage increases with the amount of gasses used. Sp2 has a fairly potent power drain (enhanced by number of chem gasses) Sp3 gives you a frenzy gas that more than doubles his attack for a bit. the damage is awesome here! Heavy Poison ticks for just over 2.5k a tick at r4. once again, the time window with the increased attack rating is prolonged by the amount of gasses you have before firing it off. I havent used the SP1 much, so i dont have much feedback for that one. Hope that helps a bit!

His sp1 helps him to regenerate 100% of the damage which is useful when the opponent is at full power and he’s able to deal 70% back to the opponent which makes it easier to take him down that is only if he survives the opponent’s sp3.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    IMO, he is just average. Nice poison damage if you applied it to the opponent after doing his SP3 which will give you a massive Fury boost.

But other than that, he is a meh.
    I've tried to use his deflecting damage mechanic from his SP1 in Variant but the damage received back on the opponent is not great at all
  • McocHPMcocHP Posts: 46
    the deflecting damage doesn't do much in Variant as the health pools are so big. His best use is the poison heavy after SP3 and the extra physical damage on SP3. His light combo ending heal block in useful too.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    watch Spiderman far from home