**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upgrading device, recommendations?

Howdy group.

So, I currently have a Galaxy S8 that was handling everything well enough until the screen capped out due to some unfortunate water damage.

However, I'm FINALLY getting my upgrade this weekend.

I know most people suggest the latest iPhone, but is it really necessary for good game play?

I've been stuck on 5.2.2 since my screen started going bad, and I've been limited in how much content I can complete without wasting alot of resources making up for missed inputs. I'm really just looking for a phone with smooth game play so I can start knocking out more content and to keep my arena steak actually going πŸ™„

I'd really prefer to try and stay with Android, but I'd consider going Apple if a solid argument could be made.

Comments

• SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Iphone 11
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Newest iphone is really only needed for legends run. I have a galaxy s9+ and it handles the game with no problems so I'd imagine anything newer then that would be fine with the game
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    apple is best for mcoc because of how the game was made( ios first and then android adaptation) consider and 11 or maybe an X would do as well. I personally use an Ipad air 2
    Any top of the line Samsung model ex. galaxy s10 or galaxy note 10 would probably work as well
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have a galaxy s10 and it's bad. Maybe its game optimization maybe it's due to difference in processors but the performance difference between an iphone and my samsung is massive. It's so bad that I use my old iPhone 6 just to play this game and the difference is noticeable
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149 β˜…

I have a galaxy s10 and it's bad. Maybe its game optimization maybe it's due to difference in processors but the performance difference between an iphone and my samsung is massive. It's so bad that I use my old iPhone 6 just to play this game and the difference is noticeable

That's disappointing. I was looking at the s10s and they look nice.

I haven't gotten an iPhone in like 5 years but I've been highly considering it.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130 β˜…

Maybe it is your device, but my S10 has been running this game for eight months now without any performance issues.
    Maybe it's the fact that samsung use exynos and snapdragon and specific regions get specific processors. So maybe I just got screwed over by the exynos. I've read theres a performance difference between the two. But also kabam optimization for android isnt great either. I got lucky that I didn't get rid of my old iPhone. (But my s10 is still an amazing phone and I love it

Maybe it is your device, but my S10 has been running this game for eight months now without any performance issues.
    Yea maybe. But simple stuff like performing dexterity, I'd keep getting clipped but the same action on my iphone I have no issues. Hell the only reason I reached cavalier was cause I tried this game on my iphone.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You got to go with Apple if you want to play this game well.

I’ve got a Oneplus 7t which in terms of spec is right at the top for Android. I get zero lag but the game just doesn’t play as well, as per previous poster. Dex either turns into parry, block or a smack in the face.
    I have an iPad mini 5 (2019) which gets severe lag from time to time but there’s no contest in terms of how responsive the game is on my iOS vs Android device.
    Take a look at the Android lag and performance issues thread. I posted 2 videos of me fighting Thanos in AQ. First video is using phone, second using iPad. Same AQ day, same WiFi connection.
    SteelMan said:

you need Devices with SD 845 and up, here are list you can pick from:
    Mi 9 / Mi 9t Pro (SD855) ~335$/365$
    Mi 9 Pro (SD855+) ~560$
    Oneplus 7t / Oneplus 7t Pro (SD855+) ~600/650$
    Samsung Note 10/10+ (SD855) ~600$/650$
    Samsung S10/S10+ (SD855)~500$/530$
    Samsung S9/S9+ (SD845) ~325$/330$
    Pocophone f1 (2018)(SD845) / Xiaomi Note 8 Pro (2019)(equal to SD835) ~ 290$/220$
    all of the previous devices will run the game great, rang from 220$ to 650$
    google any of these or watch there reviews in Youtube

I’ve played this game on the Mi 9t Pro and the Oneplus 7t. Both great phones but iOS all day long for MCOC.

Unfortunately none of those YouTube reviews show this game being played on them. I can’t speak for all the devices on that list but the two I can don’t play this game anywhere near as well as iOS.
  • DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 β˜…β˜…
    OnePlus 7 pro, 100%, works better then iphones because of the refresh rate. You will only have to turn on the "hidden" 90hz setting. You can find more about ot here :
    https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro-true-90hz-display-mode/
    Hope I helped πŸ‘πŸΌ

OnePlus 7 pro, 100%, works better then iphones because of the refresh rate. You will only have to turn on the "hidden" 90hz setting. You can find more about ot here :
    https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro-true-90hz-display-mode/
    Hope I helped πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks for this. What a difference it has made.

Bit of an issue with some unexpected heavy attacks so far but I’ll just have to get used tapping the screen a little slower.

• MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149 β˜…
    Thanks guys.

Ended up going with the iPhone 11 pro. Couldn't pass on the camera quality.

On the upside switching from Android to iPhone means I can finally blow all the Google Rewards play credit I've been hoarding lol