**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Becoming Cavalier - Am I ready to attempt 6.1.1?

TROUBL3DTROUBL3D Posts: 161
edited January 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Looking for opinions and advice on becoming cavalier with my current roster. Am I ready with my current 5* rank 4/6* rank 1 champs? Are there any champs you think I should rank?

Comments

• TROUBL3DTROUBL3D Posts: 161
    Sorry, the whole of 6.1 not just 6.1.1...
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    You're definetly ready!
    You have some of the best champs in the game (omega red, CMM, ghost, Ss)!
    Your 6* has been amazing (except King groot), venom and morningstar are great champs and CMM is one of the best in the game!
    Your 5* roster is also really great, I think that ghost is the best champ in the game, SS is probably the best mystic currently and you have a lot of counters (nullifiers, evade&autoblock counters, debuff immune champs and great damage dealers)!
    And omega red is an amazing counter to the biohazard node making it really easy!

You're definetly ready!
    You have some of the best champs in the game (omega red, CMM, ghost, Ss)!
    Your 6* has been amazing (except King groot), venom and morningstar are great champs and CMM is one of the best in the game!
    Your 5* roster is also really great, I think that ghost is the best champ in the game, SS is probably the best mystic currently and you have a lot of counters (nullifiers, evade&autoblock counters, debuff immune champs and great damage dealers)!
    And omega red is an amazing counter to the biohazard node making it really easy!

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback, Bonzodavid
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    No problem!
    Are you going to attempt 6.1 then?
  • If you're good with Ghost and OR, you should be good to go! That 6* CMM is pretty slick looking too. Can't even land a 4* let alone a 5 or 6*, lol. 3 pieces of advice, be ready to learn alternate ways of playing (especially in 6.1.1), YouTube vids of Boss takedowns for reference, and look up some 6.1 strategy guides. I found a nice one on Reddit, and it helped quite a bit in picking 1st run lanes. Best of luck on your road to Cavalier @TROUBL3D .
    Thanks for your responses! I took a run at 6.1 last night and managed to clear acts 1 to 5! Act 6 looks to be the most challenging...and it’s not clear which is the easiest path. Any tips would be appreciated!
  • @TROUBL3D

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/b0wsr1/becoming_a_cavalier_act_61_completion_guide/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I took the path listed here. Hurt Locker is pretty straightforward, don't throw the same special twice in a row unless you can land a heavy attack inside 5 seconds thereafter. The Sentinel Boss is pretty straightforward if you're good at evading its Specials. He's got Fisticuffs, Plagued Mind and Stun Immunity so unless you're solid at Heavy Intercept, I would advise not using any special attacks beyond your 1st. There's also a Class Based ability for every class except Cosmic. So, that 6* CMM should get a decent workout in that fight. Hope this helps, and best of luck finishing 6.1.6, getting that Cavalier title, and all that comes with it!
    Made it to Sentinal...could barely make a dent in him! 😩
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I actually found the last chapter to be the easiest besides the one with Ghost and sort of the one with Loki. I DID use Hyperion on Sentinel, but I feel like Wasp would be good with guaranteed crits (even tho he is unstunnable you can still get GC’s on specials) and power sting, and maybe bring Mephisto for the incinerate DoT.

The biggest key to playing sentinel is ignoring the health bar and just playing patiently. It’s really nothing more than a stun immune sentinel. Once he gets to like 70 analysis charges don’t worry about mixing up your combo and just do whatever does the most damage and while rotating specials. Hope you can get him down and get Cavalier soon!
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Ur definitely ready although sentinel and ultron might eat some of ur revives. U already have some good counters for 6.1.5 xbones (OR and MS). Good luck
    Finally did it. Sentinel was definitely my biggest headache, by quite a margin, but got him down eventually...

Hopefully it was worth it!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Good job!