**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Favorite MCU Movie Scenes

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Fun fact, Dark Phoenix is the last Movie under Fox to be released, although there may be more through Marvel/Disney. Early projections don't look good. Lol. Let's hope they exceed expectations.

There is zero possibility that Marvel doesn't reboot the X-Men to eventually fold them into the MCU. Dark Phoenix could make all the money in the universe; the X-Men are, next to Spiderman, the signature Marvel property. I see Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool surviving the merger, but not the X-Men.

Kevin Feige has something that no one at Warner and no one at FOX has: patience. The MCU is a twenty one movie story told over ten years. We had four years of movies before we saw the Avengers on screen together. There are seven separate "franchise" movie sequences in the MCU (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, and Captain Marvel). Nine if you count the Hulk and Spiderman, although each of those has complications. Infinity War and End game, the culminating story, are the third and fourth Avengers movies (maybe more if you count Civil War as Avengers 2.5). With all the movies Marvel Studios makes, they show remarkable restraint in letting their characters breathe.

Meanwhile, Warner decided to make the sequel to its rebooted Superman be the movie where he fights Batman to the death, and Justice League comes out before we've really seen either the Flash, Cyborg, or Aquaman in anything anyone cares about. And while FOX didn't try to do quite as much quite so quickly, Days of Future Past only worked because it brought the old cast in. And Dark Phoenix is happening before they laid any of the groundwork required to make that story work as the tragedy the original was. (Apocalypse was, well, Apocalypse.)

In my opinion, Feige is going to want to introduce the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And he's going to want to do so on his own terms, at his own speed, and have them grow into something over time. He's not going to want to inject them into the MCU fully formed from the FOX movies.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I was absolutely fascinated by the city fight scene in Doctor Strange when they're bending the entire world. I have a LOT of scenes from the movies that I like, but that was the first one I thought of. Though in addition my next favorite scene is probably the fight on the Rainbow Bridge in Thor 3.

I loved that Scene. Also, I found Tilda Swinton to be an odd choice, but she fit.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I was absolutely fascinated by the city fight scene in Doctor Strange when they're bending the entire world. I have a LOT of scenes from the movies that I like, but that was the first one I thought of. Though in addition my next favorite scene is probably the fight on the Rainbow Bridge in Thor 3.

Dr. Strange is my favorite comic book "superhero" character from my childhood. And I loved the movie. But I thought the world bending was just a tiny bit too evocative of Inception. Had I not seen that movie, I would have been enthralled. And it isn't a bad thing the movie is doing, but it is one of those things that for me that effect only gets one shot at making a first impression, and then it becomes bullet time.

The *idea* that in the MCU all of magic is really taking other dimensions and "intersecting" them with our world is a really interesting idea I hope they do more with, and it isn't just the "excuse" for magic in the MCU.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Fun fact, Dark Phoenix is the last Movie under Fox to be released, although there may be more through Marvel/Disney. Early projections don't look good. Lol. Let's hope they exceed expectations.

There is zero possibility that Marvel doesn't reboot the X-Men to eventually fold them into the MCU. Dark Phoenix could make all the money in the universe; the X-Men are, next to Spiderman, the signature Marvel property. I see Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool surviving the merger, but not the X-Men.

Kevin Feige has something that no one at Warner and no one at FOX has: patience. The MCU is a twenty one movie story told over ten years. We had four years of movies before we saw the Avengers on screen together. There are seven separate "franchise" movie sequences in the MCU (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, and Captain Marvel). Nine if you count the Hulk and Spiderman, although each of those has complications. Infinity War and End game, the culminating story, are the third and fourth Avengers movies (maybe more if you count Civil War as Avengers 2.5). With all the movies Marvel Studios makes, they show remarkable restraint in letting their characters breathe.

Meanwhile, Warner decided to make the sequel to its rebooted Superman be the movie where he fights Batman to the death, and Justice League comes out before we've really seen either the Flash, Cyborg, or Aquaman in anything anyone cares about. And while FOX didn't try to do quite as much quite so quickly, Days of Future Past only worked because it brought the old cast in. And Dark Phoenix is happening before they laid any of the groundwork required to make that story work as the tragedy the original was. (Apocalypse was, well, Apocalypse.)

In my opinion, Feige is going to want to introduce the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And he's going to want to do so on his own terms, at his own speed, and have them grow into something over time. He's not going to want to inject them into the MCU fully formed from the FOX movies.
    Your forgog black panther up there in the franchises. How could you :(
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Can't believe Michael Pena not getting any love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2u_obs3n0

https://youtu.be/NTqEFTzODGw?t=134
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

Best scene of the mcu imo
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

My favorite of Stan Lee's cameos
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

My favorite of Stan Lee's cameos

The one in Deadpool was pretty good as well...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The beginning of Captain Marvel had me teary.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

In Thor Ragnarok when Thor is fighting on the bridge with immagrant song playing in the background.

Yes yes yes. This. So much. Love Thor Ragnarok so much. Also all of Black Panther and the part in Ant Man when Hank calls Scott’s friends “wombats.”
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I'm with you, to the end of the line. (During the final battle of winter soldier)
    Such an emotional punch.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    "I am... Iron Man."
    Both my favorite quote and moments when he says it
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    All of Thor Ragnarok
  • MarvelBoy2009MarvelBoy2009 Posts: 28

This part in infinity war was brilliant, from the chants right up to the fight itself. It’s hard to pick out the best moments from infinity war because the whole thing was done so well, but this bit always stood out to me.

https://youtu.be/U2XGZD5P3sc

Youve got to love how when they’re running, cap and panther are practically racing to get the first hit in

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    The scene where Ultron and Vision talk in the woods was a pretty amazing scene.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    BRING ME THANOS!!!!

honestly, is there a better scene than the storm breaker bi-frost bridge entrance?
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Climax of Endgame
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I saw this thread was back to the first page, and since I’m watching Thor: Ragnarok (one of my favorite MCU entries) I wanted to add a favorite scene of mine. I love Marvel stories for the characters, the relationships, and development (or sometimes lack of) of those elements.

I really like the scene in the elevator (just before “Get help!!) when Thor and Loki are discussing what they plan to do when they escape Sakaar. It shows Thor’s growth, and Loki’s inability to do so - up until that point. When Thor tells Loki that he’s just always going to continue on in the same loop of thirst for power, only to continually fail, I think it’s in that moment that Loki realizes he can take control of his own destiny. Tom Hiddleston says more with expressions in that scene than most actors can say with a script.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I know this isn't from a movie, but it is a part of the MCU, it gives me chills Every. Single. Time.

https://youtu.be/B66feInucFY
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Hulk smashing Loki to pulp, Thor's entrance into Wakanda in Infinity War, Portals scene in endgame, Thanos's quotes that turned into memes. Spidey entrance in Infinity War.

Oh yeah and Star Lord's dance off in Guardians of the galaxy lmao.
  • Start of Deadpool and Thor demanding another cup of tea
  • tDarkKnighttDarkKnight Posts: 32
    Ok, bending the rules a bit.
    From MCU - When Thor and Rocket are discussing about thor's family and he states, what more has he got to lose. Just goes to show the pain he's in. Also, Captain America's speech in Winter Soldier.
    From Marvel Movies - when laura changes the cross to X at Wolverine's burial. Tearjerking, goodbye to probably the 2nd most popular marvel character after spiderman and signifying that no matter what he says or does, he eas always an X-man.
    From the TV shows - when Punisher is telling daredevil the story behind his poem. Goddamn, there hasn't been a better scene in a long long time in TV.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Mysterio’s Illusion scene in spider man far from home, i’ve never been so amazed and terrified at one time.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Where was this power when Thanos dismantled his ship? He didn't need his hammer(s) for lighting. Interesting
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Puny God!

(can't link a gif properly .. *shrug*)