**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    Ok they say not more fights just white space between fights has been increased, wow that is great new content.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I am waiting for an Epic AQ with maxed 6 stars as defense. Thank you for challenger rating kabam, we love you!
  • Elarshy_JrElarshy_Jr Posts: 8
    @Kabam Miike hello, I've been scrolling through here all day reading comments and just had one thing to say. I know you mentioned that there wasn't a need for a gold increase but that isn't entirely true. I've been a loyal player for almost 3 years. I've put a lot of time, money, and effort into this game. But recently, me and quite a few of my alliance members have made the point that we don't have enough gold to even progress or rank up. I do play as much as I can but I can't grind. I've been kept under 100k gold for 3 months. I can't risk ranking because I have to donate so we can continue AQ. Isn't there something you can do like bringing back the gold quest and making it a permanent thing? You guys could do a lower amount of gold than what you guys have done before and make it a daily thing like the daily catalyst quests. We need something man, I gotta have some gold and even grinding arena isn't enough. Please hear us out on this. Thanks for the game and all that you guys do!
  • Which champs will be available as 6 stars?
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Which champs will be available as 6 stars?

The best ones! Luke Cage, Joe Fixit, Iron Patriot, Kamala Khan, Deadpool X-force, Antman, Iron Fist, Winter Soldier, Colossus, the list goes on!
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited August 2017
    I think it would be a great move of Kabam if the 4* Heroes, that are not available as 5* would make the start roster of the 6*

Science:
    - Captain America WWII
    - Electro

Skill:
    - Daredevil (classic)
    - ???

Cosmic:
    - Black Bolt
    - Ms. Marvel (Carol Denvers)

Mystic:
    - Dr. Srange
    - Scarlet Witch

Tech:
    ??? (Don't think of OG Vision because people have to buy the 4*)

Mutant:
    - Wolverine
    - ???
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Elarshy_Jr wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike hello, I've been scrolling through here all day reading comments and just had one thing to say. I know you mentioned that there wasn't a need for a gold increase but that isn't entirely true. I've been a loyal player for almost 3 years. I've put a lot of time, money, and effort into this game. But recently, me and quite a few of my alliance members have made the point that we don't have enough gold to even progress or rank up. I do play as much as I can but I can't grind. I've been kept under 100k gold for 3 months. I can't risk ranking because I have to donate so we can continue AQ. Isn't there something you can do like bringing back the gold quest and making it a permanent thing? You guys could do a lower amount of gold than what you guys have done before and make it a daily thing like the daily catalyst quests. We need something man, I gotta have some gold and even grinding arena isn't enough. Please hear us out on this. Thanks for the game and all that you guys do!

are you even uncollected? how much do you even grind arena?
    heres your problem

" I can't grind"
    this game is constantly evolving from grinding. and you also get gold from aq...
  • Superman69 wrote: »
    6* Champs will only break the game further!!
    Thought i would start with that to get my point across!!
    2018 is only a little over 4 months away so not a lot of time.
    To introduce 6*s 1st u would have to fix all the problems that exist in the game with 5*s.
    First of all resources and how they affect everything and that means catalysts, iso, gold, potions, crystals etc.
    How easy it is to get them and how they coincide with the level of the champ.
    Lets start with catalysts u would have to put whole tier 4 catalysts in the daily proving grounds and the class dailies.
    Introduce tier 5 catalysts and ways to get them not 1 every blue moon!
    Iso am i the only one that has a problem with iso being less in master than heroic events???
    Gold the harder an enemy is the more gold, xp, iso etc u should get when defeating him.
    Potions Ridiculous much? Tier 1 health potions are ridiculous on 4* champs and u have a cap at 25 how are u supposed to refill your champs health??? Make them % wise. For example tier 1 5%, tier 2 10% tier 3 20% etc. and take off the cap!!! And decrease the cost to get them!!!
    Crystals This is a very long topic so I will only make a couple of major points. The % in getting something is too low. The cost in units for 3&4* is too high. Need more types of crystals that u can get and not only as prizes for limited time things.
    Difficulty/Rewards the rewards for something that is difficult to get shouldn't be for a tier lower than u are but something useful for the tier u are at! ie a quest/event that u need 5 4* 5/50 champs and 20 revives to finish shouldnt give u 3* crystals and 4* shards.
    Champions Fix all the **** champions (Khamala, Colossus, Iron Patriot etc) and have all the champs as 5*s before coming out with 6*s
    Redo and fix all the Synergies especially the ones of different skin characters that u said u would fix and never did!! ie Superior Ironman/Ironman, Cap/Capww2, The Visions!!!
    Take out Challenger rating, Safeguard and all the BS stuff that are just there to make us pay to progress!
    Make rewards worth the risk/revives.
    Better matchmaking in AW don't put a 1 million pi alliance against a 10 million use prestige not overall pi cause higher players just sell off their 2&3* champs to lower it!
    Difficulty in Story mode. its STORY not end game content. The difficulty should progress but look how much it has jumped higher from Act 3 to 4 to 5 now.
    Make a new difficulty in events to entertain the higher level players and call it Nightmare or something. That way they will have new challenges every month and the main body of your players won't get the shaft.
    Fix the bugs finally!
    Anyway just a few pointers that have been gathering for a long time. I hope u listen to my thoughts cause they will surely make the game better for everyone and a happy customer spends more!!

1) Iso is not a problem at all. I always have 1000-1500+ and expiring everyday.

2) Gold also, if you did the gold realms, and do the arena just for milestones, you shouldn't run out of gold. Unless you're ranking a new 5* every 2-3 days.

3) Other than 5.2.6 collector fight, what content is there that takes 20 revives with 5 r5 4*s !? And gives 3* crystals and 4* shards? Are you talking about master event? 1 r5 4* can do that without any revives. Even r4 4*s can do it without items.

4) Safeguard was actually fun to play around. No BS in that. Also stop exaggeraing CR when you don't even know what it does.

5) Obviously Act 5 is going to WAY WAY harder than Act 3. Just because it's story mode doesn't mean it should be a cake-walk. The rewards from story quests are probably the best ones. Other than Special quests, Lol etc.

Agree with you on the health pots, they should be made % based.
    Also, Yeah it's about time we get Champion Updates. They promised to make Doctor Strange and Black Widow better pos 12.0. No updates still. DS was nerfed to hell. Plus, other champs like Spider Gwen, Luke Cage, Colossus, Antman etc especially the ones available as 5*s need some serious reworking.

Read before u answer and if u can't understand what u read don't say anything!!
    I said"Iso am i the only one that has a problem with iso being less in master than heroic events???" not iso in general.
    The other things is your opinion and dont say someone doesn't understand what something is because he thinks it's not good( CR).
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    6* Champs will only break the game further!!
    Thought i would start with that to get my point across!!
    2018 is only a little over 4 months away so not a lot of time.
    To introduce 6*s 1st u would have to fix all the problems that exist in the game with 5*s.
    First of all resources and how they affect everything and that means catalysts, iso, gold, potions, crystals etc.
    How easy it is to get them and how they coincide with the level of the champ.
    Lets start with catalysts u would have to put whole tier 4 catalysts in the daily proving grounds and the class dailies.
    Introduce tier 5 catalysts and ways to get them not 1 every blue moon!
    Iso am i the only one that has a problem with iso being less in master than heroic events???
    Gold the harder an enemy is the more gold, xp, iso etc u should get when defeating him.
    Potions Ridiculous much? Tier 1 health potions are ridiculous on 4* champs and u have a cap at 25 how are u supposed to refill your champs health??? Make them % wise. For example tier 1 5%, tier 2 10% tier 3 20% etc. and take off the cap!!! And decrease the cost to get them!!!
    Crystals This is a very long topic so I will only make a couple of major points. The % in getting something is too low. The cost in units for 3&4* is too high. Need more types of crystals that u can get and not only as prizes for limited time things.
    Difficulty/Rewards the rewards for something that is difficult to get shouldn't be for a tier lower than u are but something useful for the tier u are at! ie a quest/event that u need 5 4* 5/50 champs and 20 revives to finish shouldnt give u 3* crystals and 4* shards.
    Champions Fix all the **** champions (Khamala, Colossus, Iron Patriot etc) and have all the champs as 5*s before coming out with 6*s
    Redo and fix all the Synergies especially the ones of different skin characters that u said u would fix and never did!! ie Superior Ironman/Ironman, Cap/Capww2, The Visions!!!
    Take out Challenger rating, Safeguard and all the BS stuff that are just there to make us pay to progress!
    Make rewards worth the risk/revives.
    Better matchmaking in AW don't put a 1 million pi alliance against a 10 million use prestige not overall pi cause higher players just sell off their 2&3* champs to lower it!
    Difficulty in Story mode. its STORY not end game content. The difficulty should progress but look how much it has jumped higher from Act 3 to 4 to 5 now.
    Make a new difficulty in events to entertain the higher level players and call it Nightmare or something. That way they will have new challenges every month and the main body of your players won't get the shaft.
    Fix the bugs finally!
    Anyway just a few pointers that have been gathering for a long time. I hope u listen to my thoughts cause they will surely make the game better for everyone and a happy customer spends more!!

1) Iso is not a problem at all. I always have 1000-1500+ and expiring everyday.

2) Gold also, if you did the gold realms, and do the arena just for milestones, you shouldn't run out of gold. Unless you're ranking a new 5* every 2-3 days.

3) Other than 5.2.6 collector fight, what content is there that takes 20 revives with 5 r5 4*s !? And gives 3* crystals and 4* shards? Are you talking about master event? 1 r5 4* can do that without any revives. Even r4 4*s can do it without items.

4) Safeguard was actually fun to play around. No BS in that. Also stop exaggeraing CR when you don't even know what it does.

5) Obviously Act 5 is going to WAY WAY harder than Act 3. Just because it's story mode doesn't mean it should be a cake-walk. The rewards from story quests are probably the best ones. Other than Special quests, Lol etc.

Agree with you on the health pots, they should be made % based.
    Also, Yeah it's about time we get Champion Updates. They promised to make Doctor Strange and Black Widow better pos 12.0. No updates still. DS was nerfed to hell. Plus, other champs like Spider Gwen, Luke Cage, Colossus, Antman etc especially the ones available as 5*s need some serious reworking.

Read before u answer and if u can't understand what u read don't say anything!!
    I said"Iso am i the only one that has a problem with iso being less in master than heroic events???" not iso in general.
    The other things is your opinion and dont say someone doesn't understand what something is because he thinks it's not good( CR).

Well, if you have no problems with ISO in general, you wouldn't care if the master would give a few 125 or 525 less ISO's than heroic, honestly who even notices that.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited August 2017
    I know everyone has a wishlist of 6 stars and I have a slightly different approach. I think boss champs who arent on ISO inversion should be the first ones.

Also old limited edition characters should make a comeback.

Here goes -
    1) Thanos
    2) Kang
    3) OG Vision
    4) Deadpool Classic
    5) Ultron Prime

What say?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Also, @Kabam Miike it would be great to be able to use just part of the power bar (like the AI) does on 6 stars. It means if I have 2 bars of power, I could choose to fire off 2 sp1s or a single sp2. And if I have 3 bars, It could be 3 sp1, or 1 sp2 and 1 sp1 or one sp3.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I know everyone has a wishlist of 6 stars and I have a slightly different approach. I think boss champs who arent on ISO inversion should be the first ones.

Also old limited edition characters should make a comeback.

Here goes -
    1) Thanos
    2) Kang
    3) OG Vision
    4) Deadpool Classic
    5) Ultron Prime

What say?
    @Kabam Miike

While I think 6* having a different set of champs would be nice, to keep the game fresher rather than making people rank up the same champions they have ranked up since the beginning, all of those champs are too 'premium' to put in. Ultron Prime especially, given that he is only available for those who 100% LoL. While Kang has been more available, and would be the most likely to be released of that list, Thanos has always been used as a very select prize, OGDP would be too stronk as well as too select (special arena only). OG Vision may make it as a 5* someday, but not a 6* for a long time.
    They would need to develop a pool of other champs not previously held as some form of exclusive. Like, say... Jessica Jones. Weapon X. MODOK. (Just kidding, please never put MODOK in, too ugly), or other champs only encountered as enemies or story allies so far.
  • BT1984BT1984 Posts: 11
    I'm interested in knowing the implications of adding 6*s to the game and the plans to make 5*s and their rank up items more available.
    So far many players have spent lots of units and effort to get 4 t2 alphas from first LOL run & alot more to complete LOL 100% to get 8 t2. Isn't it in the interest of Kabam to keep LOL challenge worth going for for the rewards?
    I'm just worried that LOL would lose it's value in the same way ROL did as rewards & the challenge itself aren't that great anymore.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    LoL will eventually lose its place as the hardest content; that is progression for you. Just as RoL did as the game went on, they will replace it with newer, harder, 6* content, the Gauntlet of Legends. And as time goes by, other than Ultron, the rewards won't be as exclusive either, as we will see t2A in more places.
  • I'm so exited about the easier 4 stars and 5 stars this makes advancement a little easier. Thank you
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    good luck getting 5* shards from AW when you lose to big spenders
  • Animejay70 wrote: »
    I can honestly say that i think this is ridiculous so soon. I can barely get 1 5* per month now. I have a LOT of 4* and they are about to be obsolete in the next 6 months.

I've been playing for 2 years. I'm an endgame player. I'm about to do my first LOL run (although i should've done it a while ago), but I just don't see how this will help ANYONE except the top 20 alliances that pay a lot of money to stay that way.

I also see nothing about Tier 2 Alphas!

Ok I rarely get 4 star crystals and now mine will be obsolete.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Most of the playerbase struggles to upgrade their 4*s past rank 4 and they barely have a handful of 5*s.

Most in good alliances take a month to save 10k shards for one basic 5* crystal and they rarely pull a good champion.

Who are these new 6*s for anyway?
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Gonna reserve any sorta judgement till the official release. I am guessing that 6 star heroes would be unique ones that would not be otherwise available as four or five star characters. Maybe champions like Wolverine, SW, Thor, Kang, Thanos. My point is these should be unique champions and not the same old repetitive stuff that we've gotten from 1 star to 5 stars. Else when does this end? 7? 10? 15 stars?

Gonna keep faith with Kabam on this that they have everything well thought out for this. A 6 star Luke Cage with a different frame and one extra star would be an insult to the player base.
  • 1990Kingss91990Kingss9 Posts: 6
    Kabam has taken things for granted...so many summoners are playing this game from years and instead of some new game play these funny guys are adding 1 extra * to the champions and selling them for more
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Got pushed from my discussion into this thread lol
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Wordy12 wrote: »
    Got pushed from my discussion into this thread lol

It's now been 11 days without a mod chiming in, so welcome to the bottom where good thoughts and discussions go to die and be ignored.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    Will there be a 6* UC in the loyalty store? Can't imagine what that would cost.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    I think the new original villain that is rumored to appear is "kabam CEO."
    His sig ability is going to be "Top 1%: Kabam CEO uses his great wealth to destroy the weak, making any champion who is under a maxed 6* who attacks him to automatically get KOed."
  • So lemme get this straight....the community has been asking for a level cap increase and more mastery points for a YEAR....and never gets addressed

And I'd bet money that an INSANELY small portion is desiring (or atleast is ok with) 6* entering the contest (read: most don't really care for)....and those are being added in 4-5 months?

Please describe the logic in that @Kabam Miike....please

We've addressed this in the past in answering that we don't have plans to increase the level cap limit currently. And we will also not be offering more Mastery points at this time because we want Summoners to pick and choose where to focus, strategize and plan it out rather than focusing in on one to rule over them all.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    edited August 2017
    So, after months and months of closing threads because "there's already many on the same topic", you guys make two threads for six stars?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16101/6-star-champions-are-coming-to-the-contest/p1

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Phantom wrote: »
    So, after months and months of closing threads because "there's already many on the same topic", you guys make two threads for six stars?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16101/6-star-champions-are-coming-to-the-contest/p1
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

They always make 2 threads, one for an announcment and one thread for discussion.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Phantom wrote: »

They always make 2 threads, one for an announcment and one thread for discussion.

1) No, I've only recently created a forums account, but I've still monitored the forums for cutoffs and such. They haven't always done that.

2) Why? Even if I'm wrong for the first point, why would they have started doing that in the first place? It's on the same topic, so shouldn't the second one be "spam"?