**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★

Seatin said:

What's the stance on Abyss of Legends and mercs?

Are hundreds of legit grinders going to lose out on Legends rewards to the same Mercs that run half the endgame Whale accounts or are Kabam actually going to put their foot down on this one?

Cheers

The short answer is that we're aware that some might try and use Mercs, and we will not hestitate to Ban those players permanently.
    can you also trace the IP to the mercs account and ban them too? that'd be swell. banning people who dont play the game, who buy accounts like candy, pay people to play for them, doesn't really mean much since they dont care enough to play their own game, or build their own account. ban the merc though. well then. we got a whole new ball game of salt.

• ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    edited January 2020
    KerayZ said:

Seatin said:

What's the stance on Abyss of Legends and mercs?

Are hundreds of legit grinders going to lose out on Legends rewards to the same Mercs that run half the endgame Whale accounts or are Kabam actually going to put their foot down on this one?

Cheers

The short answer is that we're aware that some might try and use Mercs, and we will not hestitate to Ban those players permanently.
    can you also trace the IP to the mercs account and ban them too? that'd be swell. banning people who dont play the game, who buy accounts like candy, pay people to play for them, doesn't really mean much since they dont care enough to play their own game, or build their own account. ban the merc though. well then. we got a whole new ball game of salt.

Device id tracking would be cooler so any acct that merc logs into is auto banned.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Noob29 said:

There have been caps on things from time to time in this game. The damage cap is definitely an annoyance but an argument can be made for one given the damage output for certain champs (although 85k is a bit on the low side given the hinting of Boss Hps). I can't understand basically a hit cap. What's the goal here? It really only seems to be forcing players to revive regardless of how well they play. If a player is playing so well they can stay alive long enough to defeat a boss and the nodes, why does it seem like they are being punished for being good?

The damage cap is an unnecessary anchor too. The restrictions are built-in already because every champ was designed with a specific attack level in mind. If they made the champ with +85k damage against opponents with much lower Health pools, why restrict damage more once the health pools are bigger?
  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 48
    Sunspot said:

Lvernon15 said:

Sunspot said:

All I wanna know is, based on early predictions for now.

Does Ægon seem like the best champion for the Abyss?

Quake seems like the only champ capeable of a solo, but it’d be near impossible, stealth spidey and crazy intercepts could as well, the best general options are appearing to be ghost with minimal hits aegon with the furies from getting hit and potentially a few others who hit hard in low hits
    Interesting. Kinda made my G2099 useless because you can't ramp her. So, 240 hits with a 5/65 right? So, if I die 4 times with Ægon, I still carry over the combo and get 999 hits. Correct e if I'm wrong. I use a translator.
    This is how I have read it as well, which is pretty disappointing

Sunspot said:

Lvernon15 said:

Sunspot said:

Quake seems like the only champ capeable of a solo, but it’d be near impossible, stealth spidey and crazy intercepts could as well, the best general options are appearing to be ghost with minimal hits aegon with the furies from getting hit and potentially a few others who hit hard in low hits
    Interesting. Kinda made my G2099 useless because you can't ramp her. So, 240 hits with a 5/65 right? So, if I die 4 times with Ægon, I still carry over the combo and get 999 hits. Correct e if I'm wrong. I use a translator.
    Wouldnt you need 16 revives to do that in theory.
    Aegon doesnt Carry a combo in a loss if I recall?
    I dont play him much yet.

But if you need 4 revives a fight wouldnt only the kill count so to hit 999 you need 3 completed fights and then a 240 combo?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    If Aegon dies with his combo still up (combo shield or blocked hit) does he convert it to his persistent charge?
  • Saintsfan349Saintsfan349 Posts: 9
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, since the enrage "timer" is based on your challenge rating, if you enter a fight with a 5/65 that has a challenge rating of 120 and only removed the charges from landing hits, you'd only be able to land 240 hits before the fight is basically just over? If that is the case and the health pools are "larger than we've ever seen, I don't understand how any of these fights could be completed in one go. Unless the plan is to force using multiple revives on every single fight regardless of how well you play.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

ECOMA said:

If you die while blocking a hit, you keep your combo.

However, since the attacks become unstoppable and unblockable after you lose all of your charges, I'm guessing that wouldn't apply.

Not sure, though.
    Can always get sl ther giv u combo shield or just quick out before run out
    No idel
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    ECOMA said:

Sunspot said:

Lvernon15 said:

Sunspot said:

Wouldnt you need 16 revives to do that in theory.
    I dont play him much yet.

But if you need 4 revives a fight wouldnt only the kill count so to hit 999 you need 3 completed fights and then a 240 combo?
    If you die while his combo shield is activate via his abilities or synergies, he keeps the combo. If you die while the opponent is hitting into the block, you still keep the combo .

ECOMA said:

However, since the attacks become unstoppable and unblockable after you lose all of your charges, I'm guessing that wouldn't apply.

Not sure, though.
    Ahh didnt know that guess we gotta die at 239 :)
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i echo the locked map .. that's so just not necessary imo. but i see a long list of frustration coming lol
  • Inferno_616Inferno_616 Posts: 4
    Que bien! Yo espero completarlo dentro de 2 another jajaja
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Not sure, though.
    Die at 239 combo with combo shield up, do that idk 3-4 times to get 999? lol.
    Sunspot said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Not sure, though.
    Die at 239 combo with combo shield up, do that idk 3-4 times to get 999? lol.
    I mean if its die at 240 and start over or die at 239 and keep it it seems like the smart play
  • Master3418Master3418 Posts: 217
    6* ag :0