**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Coming out of retirement

So here is my situation, I have always been competitive, but in 2018 I decided to leave the race and joined an alliance to help close friends and family members who started playing the game. We usually did map 2 or 3 as that was the most their rosters can handle.
It is now 2020 and all of the alliance has moved on (most have quit playing) so it is just me and a friend.

I am debating about coming out of retirement. Problem is I feel like a dinosaur. Since the alliance was very casual I have not cared about prestige in a very long time. I got on AuntMai and it looks like I am currently at ~10,300. I have completed all content except 6.2+ and explored LOL.

I am very active and play every day, in fact I have a job that allows me to play throughout the day and move in AQ/AW whenever necessary. These days I grind a lot for units and occasionally go for a 5* featured champ.

Just for grins and giggles, what tier alliance should I shoot for if I do ultimately decide to come out of retirement? Also I am not looking for invitations, just trying to get a feel for the current climate in alliances. US Time zone

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Coug21Coug21 Posts: 32
    Probably Gold 1 tier 5-7 if you want to have fun and reap rewards but not get burned out or feel pressured in AW. I recently left platinum 4, tier 5 because it just wasn’t as fun for me. I know you’re not looking for invites but if you want to ease back into things we have room and we run 5x5 with optional AW. We’re only silver but considering rotating 2 bgs and will probably land somewhere in gold next season. Let me know if you’re interested. Line id: Coug22. In game: Coug21
  • Nick5213Nick5213 Posts: 8
    Maybe shoot for a high bronze or low silver alliance at most maybe high silver. That way you dont feel to pressured.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Nick5213 said:

Maybe shoot for a high bronze or low silver alliance at most maybe high silver. That way you dont feel to pressured.

I guess I should have mentioned our alliance, when we were active was Silver 2, I believe.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    edited January 2020
    If you want a foreign ally (italy) we are looking for a player. Gold2 pushing for gold1 and plat4.
    Telegram needed. Let meknow. 10,3k is good prestige anyway.
  • Nick5213Nick5213 Posts: 8
    Ok well ya silver or gold would probably be best. I'm rebuilding my alliance as well so I dont truly know the best advice myself.
  • Yohanbark420Yohanbark420 Posts: 92
    Map 4 plat4. Add me in line or game. Yohanbark we Chill but competitive.
  • AbisAbis Posts: 12
    edited January 2020
    i am looking for an active player for map4 or map3. aq focused ally,wars optional
    aq mandatory and line
    just add me ingame Abis5 or on line abis5
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

Just for grins and giggles, what tier alliance should I shoot for if I do ultimately decide to come out of retirement? Also I am not looking for invitations, just trying to get a feel for the current climate in alliances. US Time zone

Thanks in advance

It feels like you enjoy living a balanced life. While you love this game you dont let it get in the way of things that really matter in life.

I'm more or less in the same boat. I play for this alliance, they do 5x5(map 5 only). Nowadays that's probably the easiest most rewarding AQ setup.
    These guys are all around 10k prestige as well though. So we hit the 200 mill without the need of all the extra bs kabam added to AQ this year.

As far as AW, it's still a frigging grind, you want good rewards then your game has to be at its finest.
    We do AW optional, and trust me, that's the way to go if you want to continue enjoying of quality time with friends or family.

Look me up in the line app outsidergua is my line handle. Would love to get you on board.
    If you're a dinosaur then welcome to Jurassic park ;)
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    What tier you want should depend on you. We run AQ 4/4/5 my bg is map 4 and we are finished my 8am eastern most days. The map 5 bg goes later. We only run 1 bg for war. We get rewards because we have high prestige with minimal requirements.

No idea if that’s right for you or not but we have 1 spot if you’re interested.

Hope you find the right fit.
  • HaveasyHaveasy Posts: 84
    I am looking for 1 solid member. We run map 5x5 get around 230 mill aq. aw gold 1/plat 4. you would be a good fit. In game name is Haveasy
  • DaBillsDaBills Posts: 647
    Hey Mr. Quill! Did you make a decision about coming out of retirement? We are looking for one player. We run Map 5, are Silver 1 in AW and are a lot of fun. Most of us have been in the alliance since 2015. Let me know if you're un- retiring :). In game or on line at DaBills ✌️