**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How many charges will an L3 use up?
  • BPT_Corey2386BPT_Corey2386 Posts: 27
    It’s definitely all about money.Its not about skill somebody like COW can just pay his way through.Also definitely not created for players to enjoy,have fun or be entertained in the least nothing in the post looks enjoyable.

Just grueling,stressful,aggravating and rage inducing(great game design)created to bleed you dry of money buying units or/also milk players to buy Cavs and resources to “grow the breath of you’re roster”.

But hey it’s permanent content so no rush wait until the rewards are outdated like Lab rewards are now or until you get a 2nd job,hit the lottery,take out a loan or rob a bank just to be able to complete content in a video game.

• Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Damage AND hit cap? Amazing idea.

The commentary on certain players never completing this and certain factors here having nothing to do with skill... so can we expect to see anyone from Kabam actually complete this content? Particularly without needing to spend money/units?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Damage AND hit cap? Amazing idea.

The commentary on certain players never completing this and certain factors here having nothing to do with skill... so can we expect to see anyone from Kabam actually complete this content? Particularly without needing to spend money/units?

I don’t like the damage cap or the hit cap but I think it’s pretty clear the intent.
    No, you can’t expect someone from kabam completing this content and CERTAINLY not without spending. It doesn’t matter if they can/will complete it.
    The point of the Abyss is to be THE MOST DIFFICULT content there is. You WILL have to spend if you want to complete it now. If not then wait.
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    Ok guys they are basically telling you they are releasing content that you can't beat. Meaning use wallet or wait 4 years. I'm sure speaking here on the forums I'm talking to the wrong people but guys just don't do it. If it indeed comes out and you can tell it's impossible with a bazillion units just don't do it simple as that. Let that wallets do it and go have fun doing something else is all.
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    clcubing said:

You said you are going to be reviewing people who run through abyss. Does this mean you will make sure people are not using mercs to do it? Or just hacking the game.

I'd really like to see perma bans for people piloting and using mercs

I'm glad they actually answered the question seatin posed. I've been trying to ask this every time something comes out. It seems they just can't stop Mercs or hackers for whatever reason bro.
    I don’t see the hit cap any different from the enrage timer back in the day. Yeah maybe with synergies you could achieve a larger timer but it essentially punished you from bringing someone not at the level for it. So, it’s basically the same just harder (which makes sense).

Now, the damage cap I am disappointed it exists. I really thought all this insane specials were going to shine here.

But the worst of ALL is the locked camera. I wish you would remove it. Imo it doesn’t add difficulty in a quest. It adds a nuisance.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Onmix said:

I don’t see the hit cap any different from the enrage timer back in the day. Yeah maybe with synergies you could achieve a larger timer but it essentially punished you from bringing someone not at the level for it. So, it’s basically the same just harder (which makes sense).

Now, the damage cap I am disappointed it exists. I really thought all this insane specials were going to shine here.

But the worst of ALL is the locked camera. I wish you would remove it. Imo it doesn’t add difficulty in a quest. It adds a nuisance.

A hit cap literally punishes skill and rewards nothing but money it's a bad direction to go
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

A way to refresh or pause the skirmish and warfare charges would have been the perfect way to balance skill vs spending.

Great idea. Something like intercepts add 10 hits to the combo or something like that. If you play perfectly you can solo the fights. As it loos now you won't be able to do that.
    In general I'm in favor of skill-based challenges over mechanical limiting challenges, but as the Abyss is supposed to be challenging not just to players of, say, my caliber but specifically a very very difficult challenge for even the most skilled players in the game, what skill challenge could we invent that would challenge them? Making skirmish charges refresh with intercepting is tantamount to making them practically not exist for top players.

It is extremely difficult to think up a skill challenge that, say, mvincible can't do at all today but could learn to do in, say, a couple months of practice. To me, that's the only kind of skill challenge that would be acceptable for the Abyss when it comes to something like forestalling the effects of skirmish and warfare charges. If it doesn't challenge them in that way, then it isn't a challenge for those players it is just a reward for them to scoop up.
    I apologize in advance if this sounds snarky but can you explain how putting a damage and combo meter cap on every fight makes the Abyss more skill based than adding a mechanic that refreshes charges with intercepting? As it sounds now the Abyss is not really a skill based challenge. It’s either a cash throw down or wait two years until you have an 8* R4 champ that has both a high enough CR and attack value to be able to do it without being forced to revive.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Cash cow.

The whales will spend to finish it within a week.

By the time most players are able to tackle this the rewards will be so out of date (like LOL is now) that it won’t be worth the effort.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Agentk said:

The damage cap is annoying as well for a limited amount of hits and the biggest healthpools we’ve ever seen punishes skill and rewards a big wallet

If you're not ready to do this yet, come back when you've built out/up your Roster! This content isn't going anywhere!
    Way to completely dodge the question
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    RoninMan said:

DNA3000 said:

A way to refresh or pause the skirmish and warfare charges would have been the perfect way to balance skill vs spending.

Great idea. Something like intercepts add 10 hits to the combo or something like that. If you play perfectly you can solo the fights. As it loos now you won't be able to do that.
    In general I'm in favor of skill-based challenges over mechanical limiting challenges, but as the Abyss is supposed to be challenging not just to players of, say, my caliber but specifically a very very difficult challenge for even the most skilled players in the game, what skill challenge could we invent that would challenge them? Making skirmish charges refresh with intercepting is tantamount to making them practically not exist for top players.

It is extremely difficult to think up a skill challenge that, say, mvincible can't do at all today but could learn to do in, say, a couple months of practice. To me, that's the only kind of skill challenge that would be acceptable for the Abyss when it comes to something like forestalling the effects of skirmish and warfare charges. If it doesn't challenge them in that way, then it isn't a challenge for those players it is just a reward for them to scoop up.
    I apologize in advance if this sounds snarky but can you explain how putting a damage and combo meter cap on every fight makes the Abyss more skill based than adding a mechanic that refreshes charges with intercepting?
    I did not say it did. I said that particular "skill challenge" was insufficiently high to challenge the top players in the game, and the intent is to challenge the top players in the game, not to challenge the intermediate players of the game while the top players of the game intercept their way to easy rewards.

The combo meter cap is not in and of itself an especially skill-related challenge, but it does create an additional challenge that top players cannot simply side step. And in content like the Abyss intended to challenge even the top players of the game, *first* it has to actually be a challenge to them. I'd prefer more skill-oriented challenges, but a skill-oriented challenge that is too easy transforms the content from something intended to challenge them to something that simply rewards them for existing. The one place this shouldn't happen is in content like the Abyss.

I have suggested ways to make content that is extremely difficult but also extremely skill-oriented, so I don't think that is an impossible task. But I'm acknowledging here that if it isn't hard enough, it doesn't matter if it involves skill. Not in this specific piece of content.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    abhi7215 said:

7 t2a for completion but only 4 for exporation?

Less than 100% LOL.....no clue on the reasoning there.
    Zuko_ILC said:

abhi7215 said:

That has to be 14 t2a right?
    Zuko_ILC said:

abhi7215 said:

Technically theres 5 chests which have t2a as well right?
    I mean it still feels wrong but
    edited January 2020
    ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

abhi7215 said:

I don't think that each chest has all those rewards. Just one of them.

If the chests do contain all of the rewards then that would be a huge difference.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

Jaded said:

Damage cap, locked map, 240 hit combo tops. This is just ridiculous. Plus no skill way to solo any of these fights with any current champ available. Typical kabam.

If you're not ready for the hardest content in the Game, we're not forcing you. We've tossed every challenge from Labyrinth, and many more into this. Some will never beat it, and others will take years.
    Or maybe those you suggest may take “years” just move on to other games. Seems bizarre to put out content with the expectation people are fine taking 3-4+ years to complete, get rewards that are good for today (not years later,) for a mobile game. You’re an optimistic bunch, I’ll give you that.

I was excited for the abyss, now I’m meh...

ECOMA said:

Zuko_ILC said:

abhi7215 said:

I don't think that each chest has all those rewards. Just one of them.

If the chests do contain all of the rewards then that would be a huge difference.
    Oh God dont say that I'd be pissed if I found a chest with 500k gold for that effort
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    *June 2017. No idea why the post went to approval.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    If Guillotine 2099 starts the fight with a 100 hit combo meter, how will this interact with the number of Skirmish charges on the opponent? If this were to instantly remove 100 Skirmish charges from the opponent, Guillotine 2099 would be pretty much unusable.

Can someone clear this up please?

Onmix said:

Most LOL fights needed well over 240 hits but all are soloable with the correct skill.
    Back then ? Every fight ? I don’t think so. BW, Juggs, Maestro. I don’t remember them being soloable with a R4 SL

Remember this is NOT lol. This is supposed to be harder.
    edited January 2020
    ECOMA said:

Onmix said:

A hit cap literally punishes skill and rewards nothing but money it's a bad direction to go
    Right now yes. Eventually, when we have the necessary level of champs to do it, it won’t. A R4 maybe will be able to do it

I’m sorry but this is what they are aiming for. That’s the intent. There is no skill cap available in this game given the level of players we have. At least I can’t think of something skill based where the top players won’t be able to do it rather quickly. Of course I could be wrong here but even then (without the hit cap and with another skill-challenge) all you need is a little bad luck for that 1% evade and you’ll still die.

Trust me. I don’t like it. I’d rather have it with the skill-challenge. But as I saw lol and now this, I don’t think this content is meant for that.