**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

If Guillotine 2099 starts the fight with a 100 hit combo meter, how will this interact with the number of Skirmish charges on the opponent? If this were to instantly remove 100 Skirmish charges from the opponent, Guillotine 2099 would be pretty much unusable.

Can someone clear this up please?

im sure that she'll start with the normal charges. getting them down to 5% to get those 100 charges is gonna be really expensive
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    all this talk about listening to the community and you still lock the camera on a map lol.....

So out of touch in those regards, locking the camera doesn’t “set the mood” for a labyrinth type experience. This just makes people rely on 3rd parties to keep track of things in this ridiculous game. I had a 3rd party map on my phone for labyrinth exploration for YEARS, making content for a MOBILE game where those kinds of lengths need to be taken is a bit much.
  • EMKAY75EMKAY75 Posts: 12
    Damage Cap, Evade, locked Maps, big Health Pools... everyone calls out for hard content and THE ABYSS should not be done in 1 Weekend. The rewards are awesome, so it‘s all fine for me. LABYRINTH was hard content too and I want something like that to be done in Months, not Days for exploration.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This looks like the initial clear may be worth it just to get the t5cc (random of course) but cost to 100% for two more random t5cc doesn't make much sense to push for.
  • Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59
    ECOMA said:

Lvernon15 said:

Looking at the hit cap I’m kinda interested to see how the best of the best quake players do

Quaking a 4m health pool?
    I'm excited but dont see the viability
    Ponders kiryu video incoming to prove me wrong
    It's a massive pain in the ass. I quaked labyrinth Magik for lack of better options and my head was throbbing for an hour after. Do not try this at home.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I might go for initial as well. Just to get the R3. And I’ll stop for a long time after that.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

This is the worst content released in the game. Rewards the big spenders in the game, as always. Disgusted by this

That's a little much. Being disgusted by this just means you think they should never release a new "hardest content in the game" quest. No one but spenders got through LOL right away. No one could do ROL right away and the first clears were very expensive. It's one thing to object to aspects of the quest but if anything that most players would have to spend to get through is disgusting then they can never make an ultimate quest that stays relevant for a long time.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Good content for the future... can't wait to see the whole map. cheers
  • AlrulzAlrulz Posts: 46
    After 240 hits, would you be able to heavy chain in the corner, like variant DPX? Or would they have time to throw an L3 between hits?
    Mike192 said:

Alrulz said:

After 240 hits, would you be able to heavy chain in the corner, like variant DPX? Or would they have time to throw an L3 between hits?

they go unstoppable/unblockable and it may not be 240 hits. Most likely 360 hits
    Why would it be 360?
    A. I know they go unblockable/unstoppable. So does DPX (unblockable + mighty charge)

B. Most people in this thread agree 240 is the right number

C. Regardless of the actual number, the question I had was would you be able to lock them in the corner, or would the opponent be able to throw an L3 between hits? Since DPX doesn’t use specials
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Alrulz said:

A. I know they go unblockable/unstoppable. So does DPX (unblockable + mighty charge)

C. Regardless of the actual number, the question I had was would you be able to lock them in the corner, or would the opponent be able to throw an L3 between hits? Since DPX doesn’t use specials

Do you not understand unstoppable? If they’re unstoppable, you can’t trap them because they would just pummel you to death without flinching.
    Obviously you haven’t seen any of the videos showing how to heavy chain variant DPX in the corner
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    It’s not like that bro. It’s based on challenge rating and for R5/R2 it’s 120 and it clearly states it’s the same number for the second charges as it is for the first. It has nothing to do with LOL
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Alrulz said:

B. I dont agree because the logic doesnt fit. 2nd enrage timer in LOL has twice the duration than 1st. Kabam is technically replacing time with hits so it should go 120->240 = 360 hits in total
    Your logic doesn’t fit. Read the nodes again. The defender has as many skirmisher charges as the attacker’s challenger rating. Once those are gone the defender gains warfare charges equal to the number of skirmish charges.
    Alrulz said:

Obviously you haven’t seen any of the videos showing how to heavy chain variant DPX in the corner

Obviously you didn't understand those videos. DPX is unblockable but not unstoppable except for the medium dash which isn't a factor in that situation. Also, he can't throw specials, whereas the Abyss champs can.
    Anyways, you’re missing the point. My comment was

Once the charges are used up(regardless of the number), and the opponent goes unblockable/unstoppable, could you heavy chain in the corner(similar to variant DPX) or would they have time to use their L3
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Alrulz said:

Hes only unstoppable on charges if trappe
    Alrulz said:

Anyways, you’re missing the point. My comment was

Once the charges are used up(regardless of the number), and the opponent goes unblockable/unstoppable, could you heavy chain in the corner(similar to variant DPX) or would they have time to use their L3

No they would unstoppable and sp3 bash you in a second flat. Dpx is a very different thing