Champion Spotlight - Squirrel Girl

About Squirrel Girl
Doreen Green's squirrel-like abilities made her an outsider in her teenage years. She escaped the insults of her classmates by hiding in the woods, among the squirrels. When Doreen stumbled upon Iron Man, she saw her chance to impress him, overpowering Doctor Doom with the help of her army of squirrels. Ever since her first victory, Squirrel Girl has taken down some of the most feared Super Villains in the universe. With an almost unrivaled win record, she lives up to the title, the "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl."

Squirrel Girl's Mechanics:

Squirrel Girl can consume her Combo Meter to power up her squirrel, Tippy-Toe! Tippy can assist Squirrel Girl or attack her Opponent inflicting Debuffs and dealing bursts of Bleed damage.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH: 15204
ATTACK: 1216
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3685

WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4793
* All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 30484
ATTACK: 2437
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7436

WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10620

Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Tippy-Toe, Bleed, Critical Bleed, Distraction, Injure, Combo Shield

STRENGTHS
  • High Bleed Damage
  • Most of Squirrel Girl’s damage comes from her Bleeds. Her Bleeds are extremely reliable, even being able to apply Bleeds through a Block. This works well with her Instant Bleeds, which deal bonus damage for every Bleed Debuff on the Opponent.

• Bypasses Physical Resistance
  • While Tippy is attached to the Opponent, Squirrel Girl is able to bypass all Physical Resistance while attacking.

• Prevents Evades and Auto-Block
  • Tippy can inflict Distraction on the Opponent when she has consumed 30 or more hits from Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter. This allows Squirrel Girl to ignore Evades and Auto-Blocks.
WEAKNESSES
  • Bleed Immunity
  • Since Squirrel Girl is reliant on her Bleeds for most of her damage, fighting champions that are Bleed Immune strips away her greatest strength.

• Punishing Combo Meter
  • Squirrel Girl loses and gains hits in her Combo Meter very quickly, some Champions and Buffs punish this behaviour which is unavoidable for Squirrel Girl.

Abilities:
Tippy-Toe:
  • Squirrel Girl starts each fight with her squirrel sidekick, Tippy-Toe already attached to her.
On Contact:
  • When making contact with a Medium Attack, Tippy inflicts a Bleed Debuff dealing 243.2 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This ability does not trigger during a Well-Timed Block.
  • Personal Bleed Debuffs inflicted with a Critical Hit become a Critical Bleed, multiplying their potency by the Critical Damage Multiplier and lasting for 12 seconds.
  • When making contact with a Light Attack, Squirrel Girl gains an additional hit in her Combo Meter. This ability does not trigger during a Well-Timed Block.
Squirrel Girl can bleed her Opponents through their blocks with Medium Attacks, which makes her bleed very reliable. Additionally, Squirrel Girl gains extra hits in her Combo Meter on Light Attacks to help her gain hits quicker!

On Champion Knockdown
  • Whenever either champion is knocked down, Tippy attaches to that champion applying various effects. Tippy attaches to the Opponent for 15 seconds.
  • When attaching to the Opponent, consume up to 40 hits from Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter to activate Tippy’s effects.
  • When Squirrel Girl charges her Heavy Attack for 0.4 second(s), Tippy-Toe attaches to her, applying various effects.
  • Tippy attachment cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.
Developer's Note: Squirrel Girl can consume her Combo Meter to empower Tippy, so before knocking the Opponent down, think carefully about how many hits you have in your Combo Meter!

Tippy-Toe - On Squirrel Girl:
  • When attaching: Purify all non-damaging Debuffs on Squirrel Girl.
  • While attached: Gain +1333.33 Block Proficiency.
Dev Note: Squirrel Girl can play safe by keeping Tippy on herself to increase her Block Proficiency and prevent high damage into her block.

Tippy-Toe - On Opponent:
  • While attached: Inflict an Injury Debuff. Hitting an Injured Opponent bypasses 100% of their Physical Resistance.
  • While attached, if 30+ Combo was consumed: Inflict a Distraction Debuff, preventing Evade and Auto-Block abilities
  • While attaching, if 40 Combo was consumed: Inflict an Instant Bleed, dealing a burst of 790.4 Direct Damage for every Bleed Debuff on the Opponent, removing all Bleed Debuffs.
Dev Note: Tippy-Toe can apply up to 3 effects on the Opponent at once depending on how much of Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter she consumes. In most cases, the more the better!

Heavy Attacks:
  • Inflicts a Bleed Debuff dealing 243.2 Direct Damage over 6 seconds.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special Attack 1 - Army of Squirrels:
    • Inflict a Distraction Debuff, preventing Evade and Auto-Block abilities.
    • The last hit increases Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter by 10 hits.
    • Squirrel Girl gains 1 Combo Shield Buff, lasting indefinitely. When struck, the Combo Shield Buff is lost after 2 seconds instead of the Combo Meter resetting.
    Dev Note: If you’re playing it safe, Squirrel Girl’s Special 1 is the best option, giving her 10 extra hits in her Combo Meter and an indefinite Combo Shield. However, the Combo Shield does not protect Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter from being consumed. Against champions like M.O.D.O.K. who have reliable Auto-Blocks, this Special Attack is your best way in.

Special Attack 2 - Flurry of Fur:
    • Each hit that makes contact, inflicts a Bleed Debuff dealing 243.2 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This ability does not trigger during a Well-Timed Block.
    • All personal Bleed Debuffs on the Opponent are paused during this attack.
    Dev Note: During this Special Attack, Squirrel Girl can rack up to 7 Bleed Debuffs. With 40 Combo Meter hits consumed, this will deal huge damage with her Instant Bleed.

Special Attack 3 - Tippy-Toe’s Takedown:
    • Inflicts 3 Bleed Debuffs dealing 486.4 Direct Damage over 20 seconds.
    • Squirrel Girl gains 100 additional hits in her Combo Meter.
    • If Tippy inflicts an Instant Bleed with this attack, there is a 30% chance for each Bleed Debuff to be refreshed instead of being removed.
    If you’re looking to store away some hits in your Combo Meter, this Special Attack provides Squirrel Girl with more than enough Combo to deal multiple Instant Bleeds back-to-back.

Signature Ability - Tippy-Toe Level Up!:
    • Squirrel Girl starts each fight with 40 hits in her Combo Meter.
    • When Tippy-Toe inflicts an Instant Bleed, each Bleed Debuff has a 70% chance to be refreshed instead of being removed.
    Dev Note: With her Signature Ability, Squirrel Girl doesn’t have to work her way up to 40 hits at the start of the fight. The second half of this ability gives Bleeds a chance to refresh on the Opponent after an Instant Bleed, allowing Squirrel Girl to chain multiple Instant Bleeds, if she has enough hits in her Combo Meter.

SYNERGY BONUSES
    Hardwired for Heartbreak: with Sentinel
    • Squirrel Girl: Each time a Robot Opponent is immune to one of Squirrel Girl’s personal Bleed effects, Squirrel Girl converts the Bleed into a Shock effect.
    • Sentinel: Each time an Opponent is immune to one of Sentinel’s personal Incinerate or Shock effects, Sentinel gains 2 Analysis Charges. If Sentinel has his Analysis Complete, he deals a burst of Energy Damage each time instead.
    • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate Synergies.

Supernanny: with Luke Cage
    • Squirrel Girl: Start the fight with a permanent Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 10% until Squirrel Girl’s Combo Meter reaches 0 hits for any reason.
    • Luke Cage: When hit by the Opponent’s Special 3 while Indestructible gain a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 50% for 20 seconds.

Beat Up the Universe: with Doctor Doom, M.O.D.O.K, Thanos, Mordo
    • Squirrel Girl: When Tippy Toe would Purify all non-damaging Debuffs on Squirrel Girl, also Purify 1 damaging Debuff. This can only be used once per fight.
    • Doctor Doom: Doctor Doom’s Aura of Haazareth lasts an additional 2 seconds.
    • M.O.D.O.K, Thanos, Mordo: Gain 10% Attack Rating while fighting Hero Champions.

Deadpool's Guide to Super Villains: Deadpool
    • Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Girl reads Deadpool's Guide to Super Villains cards to gain an advantage, increasing her Attack Rating by 10% while fighting Villain Champions.
    • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
    Deep Wounds: :
    • Squirrel Girl’s Instant Bleeds deal more damage for every Bleed Debuff on the Opponent. By extending their duration, her damage can be significantly improved.

Despair:
    • Squirrel Girl can apply a staggering amount of Debuffs on the Opponent, making their healing abilities much less effective.

Double Edge:
    • With her Beat Up The Universe Synergy, Squirrel Girl can Purify the Bleed Debuff inflicted from this mastery. This gives her all the benefits without the cost!

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★
      I’m very exited too add her too my roster.
    • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 129
      edited January 7
      Will she lose her combo meter when struck ? Surely yes, so her gameplay is very fragile/risky without combo shield !

In recommanded masteries you mentionned only double edge for suicide masteries thanks to her synergy.
      But in fact, you can play her with double edge AND liquid courage.
      --> The bleed debuff will disappear by itself, and the poison debuff will stay till Tippy Toe will purify it.
    • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,539 ★★★★
      Hmm... Not sure how to feel about this
    • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 4,925 ★★★★★
      She seems interesting, but I don’t see her being massively viable
    • TerraTerra Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
      edited January 7
      She seems interesting. Most likely mid demigod tier if I had to pin point her due to what's described here.
      Also, think it's possible in future spotlights to add how many hits a special does? With SGs combo mechanics it could be useful to know
    • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 637 ★★★
      Her synergies seem more desirable than her. There’s some nice ones there.
    • I just wanna ask, what champions benefit from Squirrel Girl gaining and losing her combo?
    • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 700 ★★
      I dont like her abillities neither visual
    • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 2,515 ★★★★
      edited January 8
      Jack0312 said:

Will she lose her combo meter when struck ? Surely yes, so her gameplay is very fragile/risky without combo shield !

In recommanded masteries you mentionned only double edge for suicide masteries thanks to her synergy.
      But in fact, you can play her with double edge AND liquid courage.
      --> The bleed debuff will disappear by itself, and the poison debuff will stay till Tippy Toe will purify it.

Tippy only purifies non damaging debuffs, so NOT poison unfortunately.

Edit: unless you use the synergy, missed that part haha.
      If anything, she will be a direct counter to make void fights easier, plus she'll help alot against physical resistance nodes cause she's one of the few champs that can ignore physical resistance.
      edited January 8
      I noticed that the distraction debuff provided by sp1 does not have an expiry time, is it intended to be permanent?
    • slackerslacker Posts: 16
      Do the sig ability refreshed chance stack with the sp 3 like 100% to refreshed bleed debuffs ?
    • I noticed that the distraction debuff provided by sp1 does not have an expiry time, is it intended to be permanent?

The Distraction Debuff from her SP1 will last for the duration of the special attack, while the Distraction Debuff applied by attaching Tippy to the opponent will last as long as Tippy stays attached to them.
    • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 75
      she seems like a great champ, but like all featured champs she is going to be really hard to get. :(
    • FlorvenskyFlorvensky Posts: 14
      my problem is the fact she lost her iconic buck teeth.
    • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,291 ★★★★

I just wanna ask, what champions benefit from Squirrel Girl gaining and losing her combo?

I was wondering that.

Awakened Star Lord will have a permanent boost to his block proficiency.

Apart from that, I can't think of any - future champs, maybe?

Are there any nodes in AW that are affected by combo counts?

• Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,384 ★★★★★

I just wanna ask, what champions benefit from Squirrel Girl gaining and losing her combo?

I was wondering that.

Counter tactics is affected by combo count ...

How would Dismay work if she detonates bleed at 40 combo and goes to zero?
    • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 4,925 ★★★★★
      Haji_Saab said:

I was wondering that.

I think it will deal increased damage, it does to g2099 if you get hit when you have the 100 persistent combo so I think it’ll be like that
    • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,384 ★★★★★
      Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

I was wondering that.

I think it will deal increased damage, it does to g2099 if you get hit when you have the 100 persistent combo so I think it’ll be like that

the only difference is that she didn't get hit ... just lost her combo somehow ... so it could work differently
    • TerraTerra Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
      Nah I'm just teasing. I'm in a good mood. And haven't seen anything substantial on her so I might check your review out.
      Terra said:

Nah I'm just teasing. I'm in a good mood. And haven't seen anything substantial on her so I might check your review out.
      Ah ok. Cool cool