**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Level up 2* 20 times

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
Is this impossible to get if you have maxed out all the available 2* champions in game?

Comments

• NegritisNegritis Posts: 58

Is this impossible to get if you have maxed out all the available 2* champions in game?

i have 90 2* maxed, i may have to sell one or two of the "basic" ones -.-"
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    You'll probably have to sell a few of the more common 2* champs such as rocket racoon, iron man or hulkbuster. At least that who I usually get more of from PHCs
  • Midias12Midias12 Posts: 69
    I might have to sell sabertooth then do basic to get him again then dump a gem in him.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Midias12 said:

I might have to sell sabertooth then do basic to get him again then dump a gem in him.

That's honestly my thought exactly. But it would be so much nicer if Kabam also gave away a 2* Squirrel Girl or Nova, like they did with Captain Marvel. It would be an amazing gesture towards completion of this event, instead of forcing many people to sell their champions.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    edited January 2020

You can probably ignore that special objective, 5000 acorns isn’t likely to make or break the store if you can no longer rank 2 stars.

Pretty sure you need every acorn to hit the 1m mark and get the 5 star AG

Edit: Nevermind, looks like there will be 2m available.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    Selling 2* is a bad idea considering what happened with V4 and 1*. Don’t want to set that precedent
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

You can probably ignore that special objective, 5000 acorns isn’t likely to make or break the store if you can no longer rank 2 stars.

There will be extra, they’ll be in arenas also.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Lol I almost made a thread before anyone said anything. Just sell sabretooth and get him from beginner difficulty completion. mine is at sig 6, easy decision.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

There's about 2 million Acorns available this month.
    Oh awesome. That's much more accessible
    gohard123 said:

Selling 2* is a bad idea considering what happened with V4 and 1*. Don’t want to set that precedent

When you can reobtain easily/automatically from beginner difficulty (sabretooth) its not really that big a deal here.
    battleone said:

gohard123 said:

When you can reobtain easily/automatically from beginner difficulty (sabretooth) its not really that big a deal here.
    No, you're right, I and many others are and likely will make a bigger issue out of this than it actually is. But what about that person who has all their 2* at max sig, even Sabertooth? They now need to sell and re-invest all those resources into that character; may not seem like much because "it's only a 2*" but alternatively - that's now a lot of max sig star crystals you're missing out on. A lot of 3* shards, potential 3*, potential 3* max sig crystals... etc.

Now it starts becoming more of a deal.

It's absolutely great that they're giving Sabertooth away for completion of beginner, completion at that - not exploration - but it's still forcing people to sell champions, that should not be a thing. They should have just given everyone a 2* Squirrel Girl or Nova.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    battleone said:

gohard123 said:

It isn’t easy. It’s time consuming
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    First off, to the people worried about 5000 acorns ignore the 5000 acorns, I will and I’m such a completionist that I go so far as to put effort into siging up 2*.
    battleone said:

gohard123 said:

You don’t know me! 😂

Is to some of us, not gunna sell off ~50 2* sig stones; max sigging the rare 2* is one of the more lengthly things in this game. ;)

• DarthFigmentDarthFigment Posts: 36
    The solo objective requires you level up the champ 20 times, but selling and re-acquiring 2* Sabertooth and maxing him only counts as 19 levels, because he starts at 1. Since Miike says we only need about half of the available acorns to get the 1 million goal, then this is less of an issue, though.

First off, to the people worried about 5000 acorns ignore the 5000 acorns, I will and I’m such a completionist that I go so far as to put effort into siging up 2*.

battleone said:

gohard123 said:

You don’t know me! 😂

Is to some of us, not gunna sell off ~50 2* sig stones; max sigging the rare 2* is one of the more lengthly things in this game. ;)

I have some of the non phcs at hig sig, some max, as well coat. Just happened to not have much on this one.

After further calculation the entire store is 1 million acorns. As in every drop of everything you can buy. If Miike is saying there are 2 mil..... wouldn't worry about it as it seems.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

There's about 2 million Acorns available this month.
    I was pretty scared that I wouldn't be able to do it but this is sweet!
  • DarthFigmentDarthFigment Posts: 36

The solo objective requires you level up the champ 20 times, but selling and re-acquiring 2* Sabertooth and maxing him only counts as 19 levels, because he starts at 1. Since Miike says we only need about half of the available acorns to get the 1 million goal, then this is less of an issue, though.

A 2-star has 3 ranks, you can do more that just 19 levels on it
    You’re right. Mea culpa.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike it sounds like those who cant level up 2* are forced to sell them for the level up rewards? I know they are "different" games but why cant MCOC implement a feature that FTF has that checks players accounts at the start of the month to autocomplete these type of objectives? Theres so many QOL features that could be used in MCOC but arent.
  • MyersVoorhesMyersVoorhes Posts: 26
    What about 2* Punisher and Unstoppable Colossus, they are easily acquirable
  • So Beginner EQ has 2* Sabertooth as an automatic reward ?? That'd be great, to let people sell their existing max Sabertooth before completing Beginner, then get him back, and do rankups on him for those points.

Was like years ago when they had 2* and 3* AntMan and YellowJak as milestones in some monthly Event. You could keep selling/ranking/ and getting again (to capture all the stuff you get when you Sell a high level champ). Was great because you would just get them right back in the next milestones back then anyways. (and just keep the last ones).

So Beginner EQ has 2* Sabertooth as an automatic reward ?? That'd be great, to let people sell their existing max Sabertooth before completing Beginner, then get him back, and do rankups on him for those points.

Was like years ago when they had 2* and 3* AntMan and YellowJak as milestones in some monthly Event. You could keep selling/ranking/ and getting again (to capture all the stuff you get when you Sell a high level champ). Was great because you would just get them right back in the next milestones back then anyways. (and just keep the last ones).

As I mentioned above, you're not at all wrong. It's actually a very easy thing to do and it's not that big of a deal because there's such an easy solution, right?

Except for people with that 2* Sabertooth at sig 200, now they are missing out on those max sig stone crystals and that does add up. It's mild, sure... but it's still an inconvenience and players shouldn't need to sell their champions in order to complete something.