**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Level up 2* 20 times

Comments

• Except for people with that 2* Sabertooth at sig 200, now they are missing out on those max sig stone crystals and that does add up. It's mild, sure... but it's still an inconvenience and players shouldn't need to sell their champions in order to complete something.

I actually see that as another “benefit” too. You now got room to use more 2* Sig Stones (for other event points, Advancement, Item Use, etc). And if someone has the entire set of 2* max'd, they’re probably not using their 2* for anything anyways ((unless a high Sig 2* ST is needed for that Variant 2* quest ?))
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I may have missed it but where is the 5* AG for 1 million acorns?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★

Except for people with that 2* Sabertooth at sig 200, now they are missing out on those max sig stone crystals and that does add up. It's mild, sure... but it's still an inconvenience and players shouldn't need to sell their champions in order to complete something.

I actually see that as another “benefit” too. You now got room to use more 2* Sig Stones (for other event points, Advancement, Item Use, etc). And if someone has the entire set of 2* max'd, they’re probably not using their 2* for anything anyways ((unless a high Sig 2* ST is needed for that Variant 2* quest ?))
    You see missing out on/losing max sig stone crystals and additional 3* shards (thus more 3* crystals and potentially more 4* shards/crystals) as a good thing?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

RogerRabs said:

You can probably ignore that special objective, 5000 acorns isn’t likely to make or break the store if you can no longer rank 2 stars.

Pretty sure you need every acorn to hit the 1m mark and get the 5 star AG
    There's about 2 million Acorns available this month.
    @Darkness275 you must have miike on ignore, jk prolly just missed it but this is the mountain you’re going on about >>>. (That tiny dot)
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Frosty said:

It is a Solo Mission reward for spending 1 million acorns.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Frosty said:

It is a Solo Mission reward for spending 1 million acorns.
    Thank you

I can't see it anywhere in game so i was confused
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bigbowlr said:

@Kabam Miike it sounds like those who cant level up 2* are forced to sell them for the level up rewards? I know they are "different" games but why cant MCOC implement a feature that FTF has that checks players accounts at the start of the month to autocomplete these type of objectives? Theres so many QOL features that could be used in MCOC but arent.

The level up rewards are acorns. There are 2 million available. If you want to sell your 2*s to get those 5,000 acorns so you can get a few more items at the store that's all you, but no one is forcing you to do so. You should be just fine with the remaining 1,995,000 available acorns.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited January 2020

Except for people with that 2* Sabertooth at sig 200, now they are missing out on those max sig stone crystals and that does add up. It's mild, sure... but it's still an inconvenience and players shouldn't need to sell their champions in order to complete something.

You see missing out on/losing max sig stone crystals and additional 3* shards (thus more 3* crystals and potentially more 4* shards/crystals) as a good thing?
    A whole whopping total of 5.4k 3* shards and (rounding up) 110 4* shards.
    Are you really that concerned about it??
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Stewman said:

A whole whopping total of 5.4k 3* shards and (rounding up) 110 4* shards.
    Are you really that concerned about it??
    Oh sorry forgot to take into account max sig 3* crystals.
    So 220 4* shards
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★

First off, to the people worried about 5000 acorns ignore the 5000 acorns, I will and I’m such a completionist that I go so far as to put effort into siging up 2*.

battleone said:

gohard123 said:

Selling 2* is a bad idea considering what happened with V4 and 1*. Don’t want to set that precedent

When you can reobtain easily/automatically from beginner difficulty (sabretooth) its not really that big a deal here.
    You don’t know me! 😂

Is to some of us, not gunna sell off ~50 2* sig stones; max sigging the rare 2* is one of the more lengthly things in this game. ;)

Absolutely.
    I've been playing this game since the beginning and I only just today max sig my 2* Deadpool
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

So Beginner EQ has 2* Sabertooth as an automatic reward ?? That'd be great, to let people sell their existing max Sabertooth before completing Beginner, then get him back, and do rankups on him for those points.

Was like years ago when they had 2* and 3* AntMan and YellowJak as milestones in some monthly Event. You could keep selling/ranking/ and getting again (to capture all the stuff you get when you Sell a high level champ). Was great because you would just get them right back in the next milestones back then anyways. (and just keep the last ones).

As I mentioned above, you're not at all wrong. It's actually a very easy thing to do and it's not that big of a deal because there's such an easy solution, right?

I have no idea why any game designer should follow this rule. Selling is an optional game activity, no different than any other activity, with pros and cons that the player should work out situationally for themselves. There's no rule that says players should never sell, it is simply normally not situationally beneficial to sell. But in this case, in certain specific circumstances, it might be. And if it is, there should be no special stigma towards doing it.

The only people for whom selling is a reasonable strategy for this task, which is a completely optional task, are people who are immediately going to replace the thing being sold. Selling it and not replacing it can be problematic, but when you have a guarantee of replacing it there's no real permanent loss to the player. Their roster still has all the same champs at the end.

As to the potentially lost rewards, you do get something for selling: my 2* Sabretooth is not at sig 99, but the sell screen shows 11 tier 3 mutant ISO, 4734 gold, and 85 3* shards. On top of that there are potential rewards if you rank the champ back up during things like level up events. For anyone that is likely to have all their 2* champs maxed out in the first place the difference in rewards is probably insignificant.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    edited January 2020

You'll probably have to sell a few of the more common 2* champs such as rocket racoon, iron man or hulkbuster. At least that who I usually get more of from PHCs

I shouldn't have to sell a champion though, that's a pretty poor quest design. Even selling my 2* Sabertooth because he's a guaranteed reward.
    you can either sell the champ, and get him back. or complain on the forum? mike mentioned it's over 2 MILLION acorns, so this solo objective is just 5K.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124

Bigbowlr said:

@Kabam Miike it sounds like those who cant level up 2* are forced to sell them for the level up rewards? I know they are "different" games but why cant MCOC implement a feature that FTF has that checks players accounts at the start of the month to autocomplete these type of objectives? Theres so many QOL features that could be used in MCOC but arent.

The level up rewards are acorns. There are 2 million available. If you want to sell your 2*s to get those 5,000 acorns so you can get a few more items at the store that's all you, but no one is forcing you to do so. You should be just fine with the remaining 1,995,000 available acorns.
    im just saying Kabam has a way to remedy this exact situation in the rubble of Forged to fight, they have had it for about a year. Why not implement it so the people who have all their 2/3*s maxed out already are able to get those acorns. Even if they arent needed people should be penalized for ranking up champions. Selling your champs and not being able to run Variant 4 that's your fault, don't sell champs. Missing rewards because you ranked up everything shouldn't be a penalty
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Bigbowlr said:

Missing rewards because you ranked up everything shouldn't be a penalty

There is no such penalty. I have every 2* champ I own ranked to max rank. I'm just going to sell one to satisfy that requirement. Selling a champ hurts my roster not at all because I'm going to sell a champ I'm guaranteed to replace instantly. So I'm not going to miss any rewards.

If you don't want to do that, you're not missing rewards because you ranked up everything. You're missing rewards because you don't want to use an available strategy for purely personal preference reasons.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

battleone said:

gohard123 said:

Selling 2* is a bad idea considering what happened with V4 and 1*. Don’t want to set that precedent

When you can reobtain easily/automatically from beginner difficulty (sabretooth) its not really that big a deal here.
    No, you're right, I and many others are and likely will make a bigger issue out of this than it actually is. But what about that person who has all their 2* at max sig, even Sabertooth? They now need to sell and re-invest all those resources into that character; may not seem like much because "it's only a 2*" but alternatively - that's now a lot of max sig star crystals you're missing out on. A lot of 3* shards, potential 3*, potential 3* max sig crystals... etc.

Now it starts becoming more of a deal.

It's absolutely great that they're giving Sabertooth away for completion of beginner, completion at that - not exploration - but it's still forcing people to sell champions, that should not be a thing. They should have just given everyone a 2* Squirrel Girl or Nova.
    They don't NEED to. If the goal is to do every Objective for the sake of it, perhaps. That's not a requirement for the Event overall. Not with 2 Mil available.
    edited January 2020

I just want to know how you have a Sig 200 2*......

Lmao - my bad, you know what I meant though. I'm not even saying my Sabertooth was maxed, just that some people do have it and now are being told they need to sell him to get him again and level him up all over?
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Full disclosure I didn't read all previous post or responses, but what I did read is the exact same reason I'm posting here. Why do we get, what amounts to as punishment for already having ranked up all the 2* and in my case all the 3* that I have so far to max, I actually love the idea of the objectives, except when they do dumb things like this, where u can only lyrics get the rewards by selling a champ and then getting the champ again and using resources we already used, I understand u want to encourage people to rank up these lower stared champs but when u do this, if we've already done what ur trying to get summoners to do why don't we automatically get the rewards, I'm at a point now where all my gold goes to ranking up 5* & 6*, and it takes alot of gold, so explain to me why I want to spend gold on a champ, I've already spent the gold or, and maybe be a little short on my next 6* rank up, I Mean at what point do you guys who design this stuff catch on or do u guys continue to walk into walls without ever learning to go around it, of course u don't, see my point. Sorry this past month was almost enough to make me quit, then this little stupid thing that keeps coming up, it's really frustrating.
    You don't have to complete every Objective. It's not really punishing.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Lmao - my bad, you know what I meant though. I'm not even saying my Sabertooth was maxed, just that some people do have it and now are being told they need to sell him to get him again and level him up all over?
    Man you’re a slow learner. So many people have told you you do not have to sell your champs. People are not being told they need to sell and acquire him and rank him again. There are 2M acorns available and 5,000 won’t move the needle. Seriously dude move on.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm not selling any champions. Those are acorns I just have to miss. All of my 2 stars are maxed.
    RoninMan said:

Man you’re a slow learner. So many people have told you you do not have to sell your champs. People are not being told they need to sell and acquire him and rank him again. There are 2M acorns available and 5,000 won’t move the needle. Seriously dude move on.
    It's the principal of it, I already sold him and already got the acorns. What you're not understanding is that it sets a bad precedent, particularly when Kabam has said many times not to sell characters... then they introduce this quest, which is only able to be completed by certain people if they sell a character.

Thought you retired, welcome back.

RoninMan said:

It's the principal of it, I already sold him and already got the acorns. What you're not understanding is that it sets a bad precedent, particularly when Kabam has said many times not to sell characters... then they introduce this quest, which is only able to be completed by certain people if they sell a character.

Still around. Haven't played in months. I never say never. I'm starting to feel the pull again. We'll see if I pick it up again. Lol.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

This game is also about choices and making your own decisions. They are giving players another option to earn acorns if they choose to. Not everyone has all their 2* maxed out so this gives them a little extra boost. Anyone that desperately wants the acorns can sell their champs and reacquire it. This is in addition to the other objectives. If this objective didn’t exist it would be the same as if you didn’t do it. There is no precedent because Kabam is not forcing people to sell their champs to get rewards, they are just giving an additional option. They are giving players the opportunity to get 2M acorns in an event where you only need 1M. That additional 1M acorns most likely won’t be converted into anything so you’re not losing anything by not getting the 5,000 acorns. Kabam is just providing multiple avenues to get acorns.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    This is a terrible objective all my 2* are maxed out not going to sell for this they need to rework that objective it’s ridiculous
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Wozzy101 said:

I think let’s have some perspective on this. There’s 2m points available. You need to win 1m. If you have a roster that already has every 2 and 3 maxed you really shouldn’t need the points from these events to get to the 1m mark. The rewards for levelling up 2 and 3 star are worth 15k and a nice way for newbies to get in on the action who may not have the skill or roster to beat content to earn some of the acorn rewards. The 15k in acorns from levelling up 2* and 3* is not a limiting factor in getting all the available rewards in the event.

There is no principle to apply here, Kabam have made double the amount of acorn points available than is necessary for the content available.

I’ve disagreed with you we greedy
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Wow you people whine about everything, you can only use 50% of the total acorns available, just skip this objective.

Granted it’s kabams fault that this was not properly explained in the beginning but come on let it go.