**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side event quest epic diffuclty is abit too much

I dont if it rng or not ,but the rage 130k+ hp killmonger and aspect of evo 130k+ hp hyperion on the same path in a quest where you cant scout ahead is just too much

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I had a rage Havok on mine. Did not think to bring in a Havok counter, hard fight. The final boss for mine was The Champion and my only champ left by then was Corvus who he gains charges faster against, I had to revive twice, but overall I like the quest. Tomorrow I will bring in a more diverse team, but I greatly enjoy this quest.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Wasnt bad had rage wasp
    And a power gain hype
    Took 14 minutes total for all 10 fights.
    Was actually disappointed in it being that fast
  • volrexvolrex Posts: 48
    edited January 2020

I had a rage Havok on mine. Did not think to bring in a Havok counter, hard fight. The final boss for mine was The Champion and my only champ left by then was Corvus who he gains charges faster against, I had to revive twice, but overall I like the quest. Tomorrow I will bring in a more diverse team, but I greatly enjoy this quest.

I didnt even got to the main boss ,i couldnt get pass the evo hyperion and i dont feel like dumping all my revs on this
  • volrexvolrex Posts: 48
    Agentk said:

It’s essentially a solo dungeons where every time you do a fight the difficulty goes up

But an aspect of evo hype? I could hd dealt with the killmonger ,i fought him so many times to a point a can fight him blindfolded ,but how am i supposed to take down an 130k+ hp aspect of evo hype ,it would be a fair fight if we could scout ahead and plan ,but we cant

Maybe i am just abit salty because of this bs evo hype
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    volrex said:

Agentk said:

It’s essentially a solo dungeons where every time you do a fight the difficulty goes up

But an aspect of evo hype? I could hd dealt with the killmonger ,i fought him so many times to a point a can fight him blindfolded ,but how am i supposed to take down an 130k+ hp aspect of evo hype ,it would be a fair fight if we could scout ahead and plan ,but we cant

Maybe i am just abit salty because of this bs evo hype
    Bring multiple counters tada
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    I agree. I didnt even make it close to the boss. cleared about 4 guys and was completely KO'd. Now im not the best but i found the side quest pretty difficulty and quite upset i used all the "entry fee". Would love to be able to scout.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Do we just have to do each difficulty once throughout the whole month?
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Explosive Personality MODOK ;-;
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I think it reasonable given if you cant clear it you still get what you have earned and they have made it clear that you will pretty much get all milestones in the solo event and be able to buy out the store pretty much if you make an effort to clear the content this month. Not the end of the world if one day you get a bad roll or bring the wrong team.

1 day and I've already earned/spent 200000 acorns.
    Agentk said:

Yes and no. On dungeons you know what you can face, ‘cause you’ll have only two classes at a time and you can focus on one of them.
    On this side quest we have no idea of what champs and combinations of nodes they can throw at us
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    @Kabam Miike

Are we supposed to get zero prizes after completing the epic map?
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    What kinda lame event is this....lol
    Nabz034 said:

@Kabam Miike

Are we supposed to get zero prizes after completing the epic map?

Yes, as it’s been said a couple times now.
    You are playing this for the acorns you get each fight
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Too late to edit, but I made a mistake on the entry fees. I didn't realize Epic required more baskets. So we probably will be getting more baskets over the month, but we will still be limited to 28 entries on Epic. Correct conclusion, but entirely wrong thinking to get there. The rest of the numbers are not affected by this goof, but there's one more thing to consider.

If we are going to get 28x4 = 112 baskets, that's 28 entries of Epic. But it is also 37 entries of Master. So assuming you can enter as long as you have baskets it is an interesting question as to what's better: 28 entries of your best effort in Epic, or possibly 37 full completions of Master. I may try to work those numbers out tonight in a secondary account.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    RO53TT1 said:

Yeah it's pretty crazy not to mention, why are there 10 FIGHTS, IT'S A SIDE QUEST, the more they quest doesnt have 10 fights on any 1 path, this makes no sense. Some people don't have unlimited time to spend doing nothing but play this game, it used to be fun run a couple of paths on the monthly and do the side quest and maybe some arena each day, since u have to if u want gold, but lately it seems like u have the monthly quest, the LONGER MONTHLY SIDE QUEST, OH YEAH THAT'S HARDER, THROW IN SOME VARIANT, MORE ARENA, OH WAIT I JUST LOST MY JOB TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS, OH WELL SORRY KABAM CAN'T GIVE U ANYMORE MONEY TO PLAY UR BROKEN GAME AND BE TOLD I SHOULD THANK U GUYS FOR ALLOWING ME TO PLAY. Guess none of it with matter when u guys release marvels realm of champions and u stop doing anything with mcoc.

Wow. Someone is salty as hell. If you’re that unhappy you really need to just delete this game immediately and step away.
    Mixalis said:

Maybe, if we can get what nodes are in Acornocopia, we'd be more prepared. I had Havok and didn't bring a counter. SMH. We should be atleast allowed to exit and re-enter.

It comes down to proper team management. Think about everyone that needs a specific counter and try your best to cover your bases. I would say having a champ with some immunities (due to Iceman, Mephisto, MS, or Abom) is advised. A power control/safeguard champ for Hype, power gain, cornered, Mephisto, aspect of evolution, etc, a champ that can counter Havok, and a champ that can counter evade/auto block.

My team consisted of G2099 (biohazard/Havok/Abom), Doom (power control and luckily shock immune since I ran into 2 EMP nodes), DV (extra power control and Havok counter just in case. Also ability accuracy reduction for evaders/auto blockers), Mysterio (poison immunity and heal control), and Havok (Korg, Electro, Dorm, Domino, Magik counter). Unfortunately I did come across a Mephisto with enhanced incinerate so that hurt a bit but Doom covered an Aarkus and Annihilus with aspect of evolution and Warlock with glancing. Will it be impossible to bring 5 champs that counter everything in the game? Yes absolutely but I would just think which fights will give you the most trouble that you can’t work around very well and try to counter those. I hope your future runs go more smoothly.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

it is an interesting question as to what's better: 28 entries of your best effort in Epic, or possibly 37 full completions of Master. I may try to work those numbers out tonight in a secondary account.

Well if you need 16250 per 4 baskets....
    Eh you do the math, but it looks like master falls short unless arena makes up the difference for you.

Here are the numbers for master.
    1-7 608
    8-9 1216
    Boss 4865

DNA3000 said:

it is an interesting question as to what's better: 28 entries of your best effort in Epic, or possibly 37 full completions of Master. I may try to work those numbers out tonight in a secondary account.

Well if you need 16250 per 4 baskets....
    Eh you do the math, but it looks like master falls short unless arena makes up the difference for you.

Here are the numbers for master.
    1-7 608
    8-9 1216
    Boss 4865

I just did a run myself and I got the same numbers as you per fight except fight 9 I got 1824. My total was 12161 for the total run. That double checks against my acorn total including the calendar.

12161 is very interesting. If we get 28x4 = 112 baskets, that's 37 entries (plus one left over). 12161 x 37 = 449957.

If you do all the objectives and fully explore master and epic you can get 550k. That will leave you 43 acorns short of one million. You could do a chapter of a lower difficulty and you're there. Huh.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Nabz034 said:

What kinda lame event is this....lol

You are lame lol
    One day into new event and this, by far the easiest event with this kind of rewards, like 5* AGc 2 full t2a 15k 5* shard, 2k 6* and bunch of other stuffs
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    You need to bring a bunch of matchup types to the table just in case you draw a bad set of champs since you’re going in blind.
    Power control,
    Broad immunities,
    No buffs/no debuffs,
    DOT champs

I brought Guilly2099 (more clutch than anything ever), Thing (almost as clutch as her), Hyperion (useless), Stealth Spidey (kinda somewhat useful), Corvus (less kinda somewhat useful).

Next time I’d swap out Hyperion for HT, Stealthy for NT or another no-evade champ, maybe Iceman, and maybe a stagger or nullify champ swap for Corvus.
    I decided to write up my observations on acorn count in a dedicated post just for reference here, as it is slightly off topic of the question of Epic difficulty: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/177360/epic-side-quest-too-difficult-you-dont-need-to-do-it-to-reach-one-million