**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Epic side quest too difficult? You don't need to do it to reach one million

So it seems if you really, really don't like the difficulty in the Epic side quest, you don't actually have to do it. Here's how you can get one million acorns without doing it at all. This makes some reasonable, but probably safe assumptions about how the side quests work.

I did a full run of Master twice, and both times got the same amount of acorns: 12161. That is a full completion up to the boss. The first seven fights are 608 acorns and the last three are 1216, 1824, and 4865. This is much less than Epic, but Master only requires three baskets. This means if we get 28x4=112 baskets for the month we can do 37 runs of Master. 37 runs of Master is 12161 x 37 = 449957.

The objectives contain 200k of acorns, and that includes 5k for that 2* level up objective some people are annoyed with. Let's say you deliberately don't do that either. That 195k. You can get 50k for logging in daily from the calendar: 12.5k per week. Full explore of Uncollected gets you 200k, and full explore of Master gets you 100k.

200k + 100k + 50k + 195k = 545k. 545k + 449957 = 994,957.

You are now 5047 acorns away from one million. You can get those by doing a chapter or two of lower difficulties, or maybe you'll get them from some future acorn source that is supposed to be coming later (all current sources in the game add up to 1.75 million, so there are other sources coming to reach Kabam Miike's two million acorns).

If you do Epic 28 times, you need to average 16250 acorns per run, which is between five and six fights completed. If you can consistently average six fights per entry in Epic or more, that works. If you can't, fully completing Master also works, but you'll need to do more than one run per day some times.

But you can in fact avoid Epic difficulty if Epic difficulty is not to your liking. It is very tight, but it seems to work out. If you're willing to do the 2* level up, this strategy puts you within 43 acorns of one million, a trivial amount to get from lower difficulties, and you might just get that basically for free from a future source.

If you've already done one Epic entry and got completely wrecked without reaching fight six, you can switch to this strategy now and fill in the gap with some effort in the lower difficulty monthly quests. But the longer you strike out in Epic and burn up those baskets, the harder it will be to make up the difference with this strategy. This assumes we're free to do Master 37 times, and I think we are.

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Think they said there would be some in squirrel girl and nova arenas too which might be what makes it 2m available
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    We can only get maximum of 40 baskets.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Btw. How can you have played master twice since we only got 4 baskets so far....?
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    But thank you @DNA3000 for making this. I was gonna make a thread asking about the amount of acorns you can get for master as epic seems a little too tough and I'm not ready yet.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,364 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Just 5 completed fights in Epic rewards more acorns that completing all 10 fights in Master

The first 5 fights in Epic shouldn’t be difficult for any player who is Uncollected

I just died to warlock he was only the 3rd fight, i didnt take medusa bc i thought blade would handle villians whic were alot but warlock wasnt the plan
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I've seen a few people say you can only do Each Difficulty Once Per Day (24 Hours), can anyone Confirm if this is True or False?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Snurris said:

Btw. How can you have played master twice since we only got 4 baskets so far....?

I am under the impression that if you updated early enough the basket calendar actually started the day before EQ did.
    I know for a fact I didn't update until after the new EQ had already started and some people already had baskets while I had zero and had to wait until the calendar refreshed a little later that day.

• I've seen a few people say you can only do Each Difficulty Once Per Day (24 Hours), can anyone Confirm if this is True or False?

Is this true ?? That you won’t be able to stock up on Baskets and run them multiple times during a weekend when you might have more time to dedicate to them ??

Is this why there is a daily timer on top of the quest in general (not talking about the 30 minute timer). It has a timer that expires at 1pm US-EST. Saw it said 45 minutes left at 12:15pm (so not related to 30 minute aspect).

Although also interesting, does that mean if you don’t start the quest until maybe about 12:45pm, you might only have 15 minutes to complete it ? Or does it follow similar rules to Daily Cat Quests in that once you are in it you can continue even past the time when the Daily rolls over to the next Class of Cat (except still bound to 30 minutes, but at least not limited to just 15 minutes or less) ??
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I can't beat the boss as newly uncollected. This side-quest is pure bull. Such a cash Grab pay-2-win!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,099 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

I've seen a few people say you can only do Each Difficulty Once Per Day (24 Hours), can anyone Confirm if this is True or False?

This is pretty important - if so I'd still prefer to struggle and try to get 5-7 fights done in Epic, than do Master and save baskets..because if it's one a day I won't be able to utilise those extra baskets I'm saving anyway, unless I'd be able to do lower difficulties eg Normal, Heroic & Master vs Epic.

Still good breakdown by OP - there might be some days one wouldn't want the stress of Epic so Master becomes a very viable option to get that 1m at the end of the month.
  • From Miike in another thread....

The Quest still "Resets" daily. This is so that if you go stuck on the Quest and couldn't pass a tricky encounter, when the Quest resets, the Map will to. If it didn't, you'd be stuck on that same encounter forever.

So looks like you can save up baskets to run multiple quests of same level in same day.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

I tested this on another account on a lower difficulty: you can enter more than once per day.
    Bulmkt said:

Just 5 completed fights in Epic rewards more acorns that completing all 10 fights in Master

The first 5 fights in Epic shouldn’t be difficult for any player who is Uncollected

Five fights will be a little short. 15001 * 28 = 420028. If you get all 550k from the objectives and daily calendar and full explore of Master and UC you'll be short 29972 acorns. To get ahead of full complete of Master you'd need to average closer to six completions. Remember you can only do 28 Epic, but you can do 37 Master, so to beat Master you have to get about 32% more points per run in Epic than in Master. The breat even point is about 16070 points, in between five and six fights.

This isn't fatal, but now I think you have to arena grind or spend time in the lower difficulties for the monthly quest. I didn't count the acorns in Heroic and Normal: there are 50k in each with full exploration of every chapter. That's 100k. And the arenas have 75k: 6250 for the milestones in the 3* arena, 12500 for the milestones in the 4*, and 18750 for the 5*, times two three-day events.

If I've counted correctly, that's about 1.925 million acorns. If there are exactly two million (or so) and that wasn't a round off, perhaps there's 75k of acorns still coming from somewhere.

Keniutek said:

Thanks man. I did epic but Havok, km and hype on some crazy a** nodes, got on my nerves. Never again, i'll just do the masters on "auto pilot" :wink:

what is the point? You don't seem to enjoy challenging stuffs. Also, if you do masters in auto pilot, you'll never grow as a player. Challenging your skills make you better, not the rewards.
    To be candid, I think I should really be doing Epic myself, and I will see how far I can get, but I think that's a decision everyone needs to make for themselves. The difference between challenging and frustrating is different for each person. My goal is to provide information so players can make an informed decision, but whether people use this information to decide to run Masters or they use it to do Epic knowing how many fights they need to reach their goal is in each run is completely up to them.

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I have to ask the question. Has it been confirmed that we will get 4 baskets every day for 28 days. I know at first glance it seems like that but it seems like it’s too much
    RoninMan said:

I have to ask the question. Has it been confirmed that we will get 4 baskets every day for 28 days. I know at first glance it seems like that but it seems like it’s too much

I don't think it has been confirmed, but if we look at the number of possible acorns it seems very likely. One full run of Epic is 42859 baskets. If we get to do that 28 times the maximum possible acorns from the side quest is 42859 * 28 = 1,200,052. That seems awfully round to be a coincidence: it looks like it was designed to max out at about 1.2 million (and thus why the numbers are a bit weird per kill). But more importantly, if we assume 1.2 million in the side quests, 400k in the monthly quest, 50k in the daily calendar (assuming it repeats weekly for acorns at least), 200k in the objectives and 75k in the arenas given the current numbers that's 1.925 million, which roughly agrees with Kabam Miike's claim that there are two million possible acorns. If we don't get that many baskets, I don't know where the rest of the acorns that are supposed to be possible to gain are.

• I have a full google sheet for this - here
    DNA3000 said:

I tested this on another account on a lower difficulty: you can enter more than once per day.
    Oh thank god, this is going to be a Lot easier now! I thought I may have needed to 100% Chapter 2 of the Uncollected EQ, thanks for all the Calculations and Confirmations!
    DNA3000 said:

Keniutek said:

Thanks man. I did epic but Havok, km and hype on some crazy a** nodes, got on my nerves. Never again, i'll just do the masters on "auto pilot" :wink:

what is the point? You don't seem to enjoy challenging stuffs. Also, if you do masters in auto pilot, you'll never grow as a player. Challenging your skills make you better, not the rewards.
    To be candid, I think I should really be doing Epic myself, and I will see how far I can get, but I think that's a decision everyone needs to make for themselves. The difference between challenging and frustrating is different for each person. My goal is to provide information so players can make an informed decision, but whether people use this information to decide to run Masters or they use it to do Epic knowing how many fights they need to reach their goal is in each run is completely up to them.

I agree, you may have several counters for the Champions and Nodes in Epic but if someone is missing a few then it will be a whole lot more frustrating for them than it is for you.

I have a full google sheet for this - here

Ah, so the assumption is that we're getting acorns in the Nova rounds as well as the Squirrel rounds. I didn't make that assumption, which is where the 75k difference is.
  • Guys please tell me how that 195k came from I'm confused
  • DNA3000 said:

So it seems if you really, really don't like the difficulty in the Epic side quest, you don't actually have to do it. Here's how you can get one million acorns without doing it at all. This makes some reasonable, but probably safe assumptions about how the side quests work.

I did a full run of Master twice, and both times got the same amount of acorns: 12161. That is a full completion up to the boss. The first seven fights are 608 acorns and the last three are 1216, 1824, and 4865. This is much less than Epic, but Master only requires three baskets. This means if we get 28x4=112 baskets for the month we can do 37 runs of Master. 37 runs of Master is 12161 x 37 = 449957.

The objectives contain 200k of acorns, and that includes 5k for that 2* level up objective some people are annoyed with. Let's say you deliberately don't do that either. That 195k. You can get 50k for logging in daily from the calendar: 12.5k per week. Full explore of Uncollected gets you 200k, and full explore of Master gets you 100k.

200k + 100k + 50k + 195k = 545k. 545k + 449957 = 994,957.

Where does that 195k come from ?
    Please tell me