**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Squirrel store - mediocre rewards

FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Starting off, I wanna say that the fact we get milestone rewards along with this is really good, but it's the store itself I don't agree with. You need to get to 1 million points and if I'm correct buying everything in the squirrel store costs 1 million. Kabam Mike said it will be possible to get 2 million acorns so that's already a huge potential waste. In addition, to achieve the 1 mil points milestone, you need to spend a lot of acorns on pointless **** that nobody in the endgame needs. 5x 3 star crystals why? t1cc wtf, we don't need this stuff. The way this should've been handled would be to increase the number of valuable resources you can purchase depending on progression. If you're uncollected/Cavalier, you should be able to get to 1 million points just by spending acorns on stuff that is useful to us! We should be able to reach that milestone buying things that will help us such as 5 star shards, 6 star shards, t4cc/t4cc selectors, t4 basic, t5 basic, t1 alpha, t2 alpha, and if you wanted to make it even more juicy, a bit of t5cc crystals! Instead, tiny limits have been set on all of these resources, 1k 6 star shards, 10k 5 star shards, 4500 t5b, 10 5 star sig stone CRYSTALS, and not even one t2 alpha. The event is a good idea, especially with the milestone event, but the things you have to buy in the store to reach the milestone simply aren't appealing AT ALL to a huge chunk of the player base!

Comments

• FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    Again, I am grateful for this event and think it's a really good concept! My problem is that you're forced to use about half of the acorns you need to hit the 1 mil milestone on pointless items that are useless to high/endgame players. I believe we should be able to buy more 5 and 6 star shards. That and I'm just wondering; If it's possible to get 2 million acorns but buying everything in the shop costs 1 million, what do we do with the other 1 mil acorns?
    Whodis said:

I like he assumes at the end of the post that he represents the majority of players

Tell me, would you rather use your acorns that you've earned on some t1cc and t2 basic or some 5/6 star shards?
    Lvernon15 said:

Whodis said:

I like he assumes at the end of the post that he represents the majority of players

Yep, he probably represents that 1% that can’t be happy with anything at all, also funny how he says you have to buy everything in the store, like that’s an issue, you can get 2x the amount of acorns needed to buy everything
    You do need to buy everything to hit the 1 million points milestone. and again, let me ask you; would you rather use your acorns on a t1cc or 5/6 star shards? Not trying to go out on a limb here but I'd say 5/6 star shards. Sorry if I'm part of the 1 percent minority that thinks that.
    I'm trying to provide constructive criticism on how the event can be improved but I'm being labeled "one of those ungrateful people" instead. there's a big difference between that and trying to provide advice.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Felganos said:

Again, I am grateful for this event and think it's a really good concept! My problem is that you're forced to use about half of the acorns you need to hit the 1 mil milestone on pointless items that are useless to high/endgame players. I believe we should be able to buy more 5 and 6 star shards. That and I'm just wondering; If it's possible to get 2 million acorns but buying everything in the shop costs 1 million, what do we do with the other 1 mil acorns?

As an endgame player with all content explored I can say the rewards are useful, t2a is a big issue, the event gives 2 of them, 9k t5b, a 5* ag, 15k 5* shards 1.5k 6* shards, all useful, the lesser rewards are nice since I never go for them, just a free arena rank up
    Same and I'll always take more low tier cats without having to do anything extra to rank up low rarity champs for the heck of it and raise that pointless summoner rating
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bought some of the small cats first to rank up champs to get milestones to get more acorns. Worked fine for me
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I agree with OP that there should be more choice...

If you have to buy everything to get to the 1m then why not just put all in milestones and save the point of a store that implies ‘choice’

I would rather they made things more expensive and pushed people to choose. Example - Make 1 6* stone 100k and people can buy if want, means u get less of other stuff

Nb.. The rewards are still good for very little effort
    xLunatiXx said:

Lvernon15 said:

Felganos said:

As an endgame player with all content explored I can say the rewards are useful, t2a is a big issue, the event gives 2 of them, 9k t5b, a 5* ag, 15k 5* shards 1.5k 6* shards, all useful, the lesser rewards are nice since I never go for them, just a free arena rank up
    Yeah the amount of endgame resources is nice.
    Somehow you give the opportunity to not having to grind like a machine to buy all resources and people see it as a lack of rewards for their acorns... nobody told you to grind the 2 millions... just go for 1 million and that's it.
    People dont appreciate the flexibility that kabam is giving us with this event
    It's not flexibility if we're forced to buy terrible items people don't need. Again, if they truly wanted to be flexible, they would put higher caps on more advanced items. They can make them more expensive, go on. Just give us an alternative to practically flushing 500k acorns down the toilet
    Lvernon15 said:

Felganos said:

I agree! the milestone event rewards are awesome, I even said it in the original post. But as an Endgame player, don't you think it would be more enticing if you could choose to use your acorns on more 5/6 star shards, t5b, t2a, and t4cc than on arena fodder fuel? Even if they did increase the acorn prices on them!
    xLunatiXx said:

Monk1 said:

I agree with OP that there should be more choice...

If you have to buy everything to get to the 1m then why not just put all in milestones and save the point of a store that implies ‘choice’

I would rather they made things more expensive and pushed people to choose. Example - Make 1 6* stone 100k and people can buy if want, means u get less of other stuff

Nb.. The rewards are still good for very little effort

Maybe because average/casual players will not reach 1 million and they will have the choice of their rewards with this store.
    Not everyone is endgame focus...
    That's the thing though. A good chunk of the playerbase is endgame focused. Because of that, they need to deign it so it appeals to the grinders and whether you like it or not (directed at kabam, not you), grinders would rather have an outlet for all 2 million that they might inevitably get instead of 1 million being wasted, and more resources that correspond to their level to use them on.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    So your issue is that kabam gives you too many acorns? Well ok then.. lol
    xLunatiXx said:

So your issue is that kabam gives you too many acorns? Well ok then.. lol

More so that we don't have enough ways to use the acorns we get. If we grind and get 2 mil acorns, we should have 2 million acorns worth of stuff to buy instead of 1 mil getting flushed down the drain
    Blaker78 said:

i dont see what the problem is here. I mean why does everything need to be improved.

This is an excellent event and a great idea. Every month shouldnt require us to grind our butts off to get all the rewards. Just cause there is the option to grind for all 2 million rewards doesnt mean you have to. This allows you to take it a bit more casually yet still claim all the rewards. If you want to grind out all 2 million acorns go ahead but they are just making it so that isnt necessary.

As for the store those lower resources can still be used by everyone for leveling up champs for the level up events or for just messing around with lower star champs. Players still doing Variant 4 could use those lower resources for getting champs ready for that event.

I think they knocked this event out of the park! Good job Kabam!

I agree, you shouldn't need to grind everything to get the rewards, but as it is right now, there is literally no point in grinding them. It doesn't have to be necessary to grind out all 2 mil, but there should always be a little extra reward because you did go the extra mile