**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Timer on Acornucopia

Sorry if I missed it but why is there a timer on the event page? I assumed you would be able to run the quest at your leisure, multiple times in a day so I don’t see why there’s a timer?

Comments

• Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    i think he was refering to the time that expires each day. I am curious as well if you could save up the baskets and knock a bunch out in one day.
  • BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 96

I remember seeing the 30 minute timer noted when they announced the event. The event is designed to be entered as many times as you have entries for, but to finish it up quickly while in it.

I felt like 30 minutes was more than enough time as took me less than 15 minutes on my first run through.

No not the timer once you start the quest, the timer on the quest screen before you choose which level to tackle
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    BENNYJ said:

Sorry if I missed it but why is there a timer on the event page? I assumed you would be able to run the quest at your leisure, multiple times in a day so I don’t see why there’s a timer?

The timer on the top means the quest will refresh daily.

And it clearly say "Complete in 30 Mins".
  • BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 96
    So that’s my query...why does it need to refresh? Didn’t the release notes say we could play it as many times as we want, provided we have enough baskets to enter? It’s not like the rewards refresh daily, I would’ve assumed we could save the baskets and do Epic multiple times a day
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I
    BENNYJ said:

So that’s my query...why does it need to refresh? Didn’t the release notes say we could play it as many times as we want, provided we have enough baskets to enter? It’s not like the rewards refresh daily, I would’ve assumed we could save the baskets and do Epic multiple times a day

I did heroic twice on my other account with the 4 given today, so i think it's safe to assume that as long as you have enough to enter again, you'll be allowed to. Not sure why it resets daily though
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

I

BENNYJ said:

I did heroic twice on my other account with the 4 given today, so i think it's safe to assume that as long as you have enough to enter again, you'll be allowed to. Not sure why it resets daily though
    This is how daily quest work(they refresh daily)
    You don't need to worry, you will be able to play each difficulty as many times as you want(given you have the required amount of baskets).
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    Since the rewards drop from each fight and not from completion/exploration, you can infinitely grind it as long as you have the baskets. I think the daily refresh is just so that the people who are doing it each day aren’t facing the exact same fights over and over and over and over again. If you run it twice in one day because you stocked up on baskets, my theory is that you’d face the same quest. If anybody’s done that and can confirm or refute, that’d be cool to know
  • The Quest still "Resets" daily. This is so that if you go stuck on the Quest and couldn't pass a tricky encounter, when the Quest resets, the Map will to. If it didn't, you'd be stuck on that same encounter forever.

Thanks Miike. So just another clarification. So if you abort a quest early (could not beat Boss), and then start it again (as in running Epic multiple times on a Saturday), you will get the SAME opponents, since you never fully completed the quest.
    But I assume (like Modok Labs) that if you actually DO BEAT the boss, that running it a second time will then give DIFFERENT opponents ???
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    @SummonerNR I don’t think so, no. I think it’s the same opponents until the daily refresh, like how a story quest always has the same enemies in it even after clearing a lane. Again, I haven’t tested this so it’s just speculation, but I think that’s the point of the daily reset on the event.
  • Belfigor2 said:

just did master to see differences of epic and it was set to a 10min timer...like wtf? kabam trying to stress ppl? when i reached boss I had 2min left to take out iwim lol did it with few sec remaining

That does not seem to be a problem others have seen yet. You saying that as soon as you entered the quest that the timer on top of map showed only 10 minutes ??

And not even during the time of day (US afternoon) that the daily timer resets (which could “maybe” be an issue at that time, although should still give you full 30 minutes in that case too).