**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Squirrel store - mediocre rewards

Comments

• FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Felganos said:

xLunatiXx said:

So your issue is that kabam gives you too many acorns? Well ok then.. lol

More so that we don't have enough ways to use the acorns we get. If we grind and get 2 mil acorns, we should have 2 million acorns worth of stuff to buy instead of 1 mil getting flushed down the drain
    Once again nobody told you to grind 2 millions. Once you get 1 million just stop doing the side quest, get off your phone and enjoy life. Simple.
    Only your decision to continue grinding will make it a waste. You have the choice.
    Going outside and getting some air is definetely a better use man, all I'm saying is there are people who grind out all 2 mil and for those people, there should be a reward for doing that.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    Felganos said:

Blaker78 said:

i dont see what the problem is here. I mean why does everything need to be improved.

This is an excellent event and a great idea. Every month shouldnt require us to grind our butts off to get all the rewards. Just cause there is the option to grind for all 2 million rewards doesnt mean you have to. This allows you to take it a bit more casually yet still claim all the rewards. If you want to grind out all 2 million acorns go ahead but they are just making it so that isnt necessary.

As for the store those lower resources can still be used by everyone for leveling up champs for the level up events or for just messing around with lower star champs. Players still doing Variant 4 could use those lower resources for getting champs ready for that event.

I think they knocked this event out of the park! Good job Kabam!

I agree, you shouldn't need to grind everything to get the rewards, but as it is right now, there is literally no point in grinding them. It doesn't have to be necessary to grind out all 2 mil, but there should always be a little extra reward because you did go the extra mile
    And thats where your wrong. Just enjoy the fact that you dont have to grind for everything and enjoy the event and get the required acorns to complete all milestones. Relax and be happy.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,114 ★★★★
    Felganos said:

xLunatiXx said:

Felganos said:

xLunatiXx said:

More so that we don't have enough ways to use the acorns we get. If we grind and get 2 mil acorns, we should have 2 million acorns worth of stuff to buy instead of 1 mil getting flushed down the drain
    Once again nobody told you to grind 2 millions. Once you get 1 million just stop doing the side quest, get off your phone and enjoy life. Simple.
    Only your decision to continue grinding will make it a waste. You have the choice.
    Going outside and getting some air is definetely a better use man, all I'm saying is there are people who grind out all 2 mil and for those people, there should be a reward for doing that.
    Well if there are still people out there grinding the 2 millions even though they dont get anything from it, I dont know what to say lol. Come on, grinders grind where there is profit. In this case there is no more after 1 million. Just enjoy this amazing event that do not force you to grind every day like doom invasion did.
    Savio444 said:

You literally get rewarded for buying rewards, I don’t understand these people.

Read the post before getting pissed, I said about 17 times now, I AM COMPLETELY FINE WITH THE MILESTONE EVENT, THAT IS AMAZING.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Even the lower tier rewards are useful, i just used a bunch of the t1 and t2 stuff to rank up champs for variant 4 and the even the 3 star crystals will be useful to hit the solo event for duping 3 stars, with the cav calendar and the acorn event ill get 3 t2a for free this month, im pretty happy with this event.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Felganos said:

xLunatiXx said:

Lvernon15 said:

Felganos said:

Again, I am grateful for this event and think it's a really good concept! My problem is that you're forced to use about half of the acorns you need to hit the 1 mil milestone on pointless items that are useless to high/endgame players. I believe we should be able to buy more 5 and 6 star shards. That and I'm just wondering; If it's possible to get 2 million acorns but buying everything in the shop costs 1 million, what do we do with the other 1 mil acorns?

As an endgame player with all content explored I can say the rewards are useful, t2a is a big issue, the event gives 2 of them, 9k t5b, a 5* ag, 15k 5* shards 1.5k 6* shards, all useful, the lesser rewards are nice since I never go for them, just a free arena rank up
    Yeah the amount of endgame resources is nice.
    Somehow you give the opportunity to not having to grind like a machine to buy all resources and people see it as a lack of rewards for their acorns... nobody told you to grind the 2 millions... just go for 1 million and that's it.
    People dont appreciate the flexibility that kabam is giving us with this event
    It's not flexibility if we're forced to buy terrible items people don't need. Again, if they truly wanted to be flexible, they would put higher caps on more advanced items. They can make them more expensive, go on. Just give us an alternative to practically flushing 500k acorns down the toilet
    You are talking about the waste of acorns as if it's a rare currency and by wasting it you wont have them later in the game when you need it. If this were units I would agree forcing people to spend on less useful items would be unjustified and unfair. Unfortunately it's a free currency given for no additional effort by simply doing what you will normally do in this game. As far as the items being useless to end game players. Well as an endgame player you will soon see more ranking in 6*s which cost gold. Feel free to sell those useless items as you put it and bank the gold for future rankups.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

Starting off, I wanna say that the fact we get milestone rewards along with this is really good, but it's the store itself I don't agree with. You need to get to 1 million points and if I'm correct buying everything in the squirrel store costs 1 million. Kabam Mike said it will be possible to get 2 million acorns so that's already a huge potential waste. In addition, to achieve the 1 mil points milestone, you need to spend a lot of acorns on pointless **** that nobody in the endgame needs. 5x 3 star crystals why? t1cc wtf, we don't need this stuff. The way this should've been handled would be to increase the number of valuable resources you can purchase depending on progression. If you're uncollected/Cavalier, you should be able to get to 1 million points just by spending acorns on stuff that is useful to us! We should be able to reach that milestone buying things that will help us such as 5 star shards, 6 star shards, t4cc/t4cc selectors, t4 basic, t5 basic, t1 alpha, t2 alpha, and if you wanted to make it even more juicy, a bit of t5cc crystals! Instead, tiny limits have been set on all of these resources, 1k 6 star shards, 10k 5 star shards, 4500 t5b, 10 5 star sig stone CRYSTALS, and not even one t2 alpha. The event is a good idea, especially with the milestone event, but the things you have to buy in the store to reach the milestone simply aren't appealing AT ALL to a huge chunk of the player base!

Can you name an event(s) which you’re satisfied?
    Reference said:

Felganos said:

Starting off, I wanna say that the fact we get milestone rewards along with this is really good, but it's the store itself I don't agree with. You need to get to 1 million points and if I'm correct buying everything in the squirrel store costs 1 million. Kabam Mike said it will be possible to get 2 million acorns so that's already a huge potential waste. In addition, to achieve the 1 mil points milestone, you need to spend a lot of acorns on pointless **** that nobody in the endgame needs. 5x 3 star crystals why? t1cc wtf, we don't need this stuff. The way this should've been handled would be to increase the number of valuable resources you can purchase depending on progression. If you're uncollected/Cavalier, you should be able to get to 1 million points just by spending acorns on stuff that is useful to us! We should be able to reach that milestone buying things that will help us such as 5 star shards, 6 star shards, t4cc/t4cc selectors, t4 basic, t5 basic, t1 alpha, t2 alpha, and if you wanted to make it even more juicy, a bit of t5cc crystals! Instead, tiny limits have been set on all of these resources, 1k 6 star shards, 10k 5 star shards, 4500 t5b, 10 5 star sig stone CRYSTALS, and not even one t2 alpha. The event is a good idea, especially with the milestone event, but the things you have to buy in the store to reach the milestone simply aren't appealing AT ALL to a huge chunk of the player base!

I think this is getting lost on people, I think Kabam did a good job with the concept and overall, I agree it's a good event. I'm just trying to give advice on how they could make it even better! Also, if you aren't going to add anything important then don't even comment. To answer your question though, this is one of the best events kabam has done and I'm proud they're making progress. I just think they could make it even better! Personally, I've always loved the rift side quests. The way they could make those better in my opinion would be to buff up rewards and take out some of the really useless stuff nobody wants at all and replace it with mediocre/cool I guess stuff so you don't get completely shafted.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Felganos said:

Reference said:

Felganos said:

I think this is getting lost on people, I think Kabam did a good job with the concept and overall, I agree it's a good event. I'm just trying to give advice on how they could make it even better! Also, if you aren't going to add anything important then don't even comment. To answer your question though, this is one of the best events kabam has done and I'm proud they're making progress. I just think they could make it even better! Personally, I've always loved the rift side quests. The way they could make those better in my opinion would be to buff up rewards and take out some of the really useless stuff nobody wants at all and replace it with mediocre/cool I guess stuff so you don't get completely shafted.

you know what would make this EVEN BETTER?!?!

6* generic awakening gem for 500k acorns or maybe even 4-5 generic rank up gem!

or how about they just give us a 6* Nexus crystal as a milestone for spending 2m acorns??

lots of things can be made better, whether they are reasonable or not is a different story.

it seems to be lost on you that you're being extremely greedy on wanting EVEN MORE BETTER rewards from an event that you already agreed is a "good event".

• FlushFlush Posts: 108
    I think its stupid low level player who can collect 1m acorns but cant spend them cause they haven't dont act4 or uncollected yet will never able reach top milestones for solo event, very smart kabam whats point even trying collect them
  • FlushFlush Posts: 108

Flush said:

I think its stupid low level player who can collect 1m acorns but cant spend them cause they haven't dont act4 or uncollected yet will never able reach top milestones for solo event, very smart kabam whats point even trying collect them

Is recommend pushing before the end of the event. My mini hit proven yesterday and I plan on pushing to uncollected before end of event to cash in (despite having only one r3 4* as a top champ).
    With account im playing and roster ive got its impossible reach that im trying do monthly quets while doing aw and aq my champs not always available, also only act1 cleared
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

Again, I am grateful for this event and think it's a really good concept! My problem is that you're forced to use about half of the acorns you need to hit the 1 mil milestone on pointless items that are useless to high/endgame players. I believe we should be able to buy more 5 and 6 star shards. That and I'm just wondering; If it's possible to get 2 million acorns but buying everything in the shop costs 1 million, what do we do with the other 1 mil acorns?

I'm 90% sure you're not in that "high/end game" player group though...
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Felganos said:

Plenty of people need those T1CC and T2CC for level up events. They level their 2 and 3*s for the rewards. There's tons of stuff in there for progression. 1k 6* shards is a big deal man. That's half as much as is in the entire EQ. A full t2a plus another one from the solo event for spending them. A full 5* plus another half of one. A 5* AG Crystal? I thought this was a satirical post at first before I realized you were serious. There's a surplus of acorns so you don't have to feel required to every single thing and never miss an event. This might be the single best side event Kabam has ever done! I get all of this stuff and don't have to feel like I have to do every single difficulty of every single side event every single day.....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Felganos said:

xLunatiXx said:

Another way to look at it is the event doesn't penalize players who don't want to grind for every single acorn in the game. If there were things to buy with the other one million acorns, they would cease to be extra acorns. Instead we'd be complaining about how everyone was being forced to do every single objective and every single run of Epic difficulty to perfect completion plus grind every milestone in the arena.

What you see as a deficit I see as good design. There's *deliberately* more acorns than anyone could possibly spend, so players actually have options on where to spend their time and effort without costing them anything. If I was in charge of designing the game, *most* cross-game events would be like that, if not all of them.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Flush said:

Flush said:

Is recommend pushing before the end of the event. My mini hit proven yesterday and I plan on pushing to uncollected before end of event to cash in (despite having only one r3 4* as a top champ).
    With account im playing and roster ive got its impossible reach that im trying do monthly quets while doing aw and aq my champs not always available, also only act1 cleared
    If you've only got act 1 cleared, you can't earn 1 million acorns. Problem solved!
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Finally a fun month! Solo objectives are always cool, but this daily side quest gets a thumbs up from me. It's been a long wait. Personally, I'm ranking this event up there with Rocket's Scrapyard and GP goes to the Movies :)

HT's bounty missions were alli interactive and gave a bunch of shards - I liked that! But the quest itself was a boring grindfest :/

I also don't mind having to 'buy' the entire store. I actually appreciate that the small stuff is there. Ofc what's best is all the juicy resources which I actually need, readily available! No waiting. Good decision to allow us to pick and choose what we want when we want :)