**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why does the catalyst selector force you to choose right away?

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
Why isn't it something you can have in your items and use it when needed? Did the normal claiming of rewards and all of a sudden had the t4 class selector pop up. Have no clue what class I need and don't really want to pick one I have in the stash already since the value of trading in sucks, and there could be a class I need. Yes, it's first world problems considrirjg I'm sitting on t4c crystals and shards, but that's exactly why you shouldn't be forced to use it withough being able to see what you have going on.

Annoying because you can't even close and log back in to get to your inventory. It forces you to choose before you do anything.

At the very least you could have what's in your inventory under each class. Like when you're buying shards/fragments from the store, it tells you what you currently have before you buy. And maybe that should go under the suggestions section. If you're going to force us to choose point blank, at least let us know what we currently have. Feel like I'm wasting a t4c now.

Comments

• BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Agree completely @crogs
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

i agree
    i also claimed and forgot what I needed
    claimed mutant that was the best I could remember and then I went to catalysts and saw science was on just 4 and I needed just 1 more for r4 wasp

felt suddenly pretty bad about that
    dont know when kabam will correct that

I just maxed my domino so I chose mutant assuming it was a safe bet, but I could've have used one or two others for more immediate needs. The rest are maxed and have them in stash.

But you're a perfect example. Missed an opportunity because you were forced to choose.

It's an item. Put it under items and let us use it when we were ready to use it. Dumb the way they do it now.
    edited January 2020
    @Kabam Miike

Can you take this back to the team for some fixin'? Don't know why they can't put the selector under items and let us use it when we feel it necessary instead of locking the game up and forcing us to use it point blank. It's something we earned, worked for or are rewarded for. Why are we not allowed to make an educated decision on how we use it, when we choose to use it? Why do you force us to use it then and there?

And it is an item after all. Throw it with items. Simple zero logic to force us to use it immediately. Especially as just a random reward one is claiming.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I’m Agerd lucky I’m had tjek before but stil Agerd
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Totally agree. Luckily for myself every since these came up and I made a similar mistake in the black ISO store I've been careful to check before claiming these. It's inconvenient and should be improved.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Selectors have always been this way, no reason for it to be different this time around.
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    I'm in need of t4cc to r5 some more champs and when I saw the selector my first thought was "damn, they're going to make you choose on the spot" So what I'm doing is I'm just not going to claim that milestone reward until I'm sure what I want. It still allows you to claim higher point milestones so their is no downside haha. I can definitely see how this would be frustrating though, hence why I didn't claim it
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I agree, luckily for me I know that I have every class in overflow except cosmic
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    crogs said:

Markjv81 said:

Selectors have always been this way, no reason for it to be different this time around.

As mentioned, just for user friendliness. Just because it's been that way doesn't mean it's the right way.
    Was in response to the last part of your post about the feeling of wasting a t4c, if you knew selectors worked this way you should have been more prepared for how they work.

For the record, I agree it’s a stupid system.
  • Yeah I claimed it not realizing I had to choose right away. I just hope I picked a good one haha
    Markjv81 said:

crogs said:

Markjv81 said:

As mentioned, just for user friendliness. Just because it's been that way doesn't mean it's the right way.
    Was in response to the last part of your post about the feeling of wasting a t4c, if you knew selectors worked this way you should have been more prepared for how they work.

For the record, I agree it’s a stupid system.
    I actually didn't pay attention to what it was. I don't research rewards. Never had a basic reward to claim that required any sort of forethought until now (so in 5yrs...kknda conditioned to not pay attention) . I usually just go to the stash and mass claim. I find claiming a tedious task. Just like dismissing a dozen or so pop ups. Don't worry kabam, I won't forget. I'm dismissing it on purpose. 🙄
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    because they adhere to an inventory management way of thinking, and allowing you to save the selectors would be another way for you to get around that inventory management in a way that does not expire.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I agree it was surprising to me when I had to choose right away. I was lucky that I had taken sentinel to R5 within the last week so I knew tech was a class of need and was able to select it. If I had not it would have likely been a cat in overflow
    Lormif said:

because they adhere to an inventory management way of thinking, and allowing you to save the selectors would be another way for you to get around that inventory management in a way that does not expire.

You mean like just not opening t4c crystals and shard crystals... You can already not open them.

And you could put a timer on it, so your point is meaningless. There are countless ways to do it better than the current way.
  • H3ri0PH3ri0P Posts: 24
    they should have put "You have X amount of (Class) catalyst" on the selector
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

Lormif said:

You mean like just not opening t4c crystals and shard crystals... You can already not open them.

And you could put a timer on it, so your point is meaningless. There are countless ways to do it better than the current way.
    You asked why, I told you why, I was not making a point just stating the reason.
    Lormif said:

crogs said:

Lormif said:

You asked why, I told you why, I was not making a point just stating the reason.
    And you're assuming you're right, which I doubt. I assume it's their typical lack of thought in design. Just like a bone headed mishap in forgetting about AQ history and countless other idiotic non user friendly decisions and oversights they've had over the past five years.

You assume they actually thought about this. Prior history shows they don't.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    This thread made me double check my overflow. Very helpful - thanks everyone 😁
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It should be an item that goes to the items tab you can use when you need imo
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Lvernon15 said:

It should be an item that goes to the items tab you can use when you need imo

Agreed
  • TheEducationTheEducation Posts: 93
    Just piling on at this point but I agree. I wish it would go to inventory or at a minimum show you how many you currently have as you toggle between the classes on the selection screen.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I second this.
  • PimpwithastickPimpwithastick Posts: 18
    Bump because I just spent 1000 crystals on my second account and don’t remember how many I need of which class. This is crazy that @Kabam Miike was asked to bring this back but we’re still just forced to blindly select no matter what we do. What a waste.