**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Make an offer, which is then donated to Australia

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
edited January 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I think it would be a very classy thing if you were to have an offer for 7 days, which all proceeds would go to Australia.

Not a daft £100 offer, but not something like a £5 AG.

You want it to be £20ish, for maybe some shards, nothing game breaking.

I think that would be an incredible thing to do.

Just a thought, think how much you could help!

@kabammiike

Comments

• RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I fully support this, and am commenting just to get this back up as the top thread, so more people will look at it.
  • That's an great idea !
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Filled with Australian heroes, so we also get a chance for Deadpool 😍
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    bump
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I fully support this, but knowing kabam they never will sadly...
    I will keep bumping this until the legendary Kabam Micheal replies to our pleas, I can already hear the interns shouting out
    "the peasants want a charity offer lord Micheal!"
    Micheal: "Fine, offer them a 6 star Cyclops for $100)
    Interns: "An exquisite offer, we shall publish it right away"
    edited January 2020
    I shall continue the Kabam Micheal saga so it's not technically spam:

"
    benshb said:

Filled with Australian heroes, so we also get a chance for Deadpool 😍

"Lord Micheal, the peasants want an Australian champion crystal"
    Micheal: "These free-to-players aren't just peasants, they are imbeciles in addition! No champions in this game are Australian!"
    Interns: "Then how shall we address this kerfuffle lord Micheal?"
    Micheal: "Simple, create a 3-6 star crystal that actually has a guaranteed chance to yield a three star, and only a three star!"
    Interns: "But lord Micheal, the crystal needs to have a topic, does it not?"
    Micheal: "Hmmm, very observant lackey... I've got it! We shall make an "Effective champions crystal" that shall contain very effective champions such as: Beast, Jane Foster, Ronan, Loki, Phoneix, Venompool, Civil warrior, Ant man, and of course the crown jewel of this crystal: Cyclops"
    Interns: "Very good lord Micheal, your will shall be enacted"
    bippity bippity bump

If you want to help australia then donate to one of the many groups and foundations.

This right here is merely a selfish attempt to get a cool offer out of kabam. You folks are sick imo.

Excuse me? This would raise awareness to the millions of summoners that play this game! Plus most of us on this forum can't donate for a number of reasons, mainly being our ages. By putting out an offer like this, kabam would be able to reach so many players and raise so much money in opposed to one of us donating 20 buckaroos

Could a mod now possibly close this thread? There are real people suffering from real wildfires with established ways to help them.

This thread is a farce and essentially makes a mockery out of real life tragedies.

What's next? Asking kabam for an offer to keep the peace in iran? You folks are just... Bah *spits on the floor*

I need a coffee now to get the disgusting taste of this thread out of my mouth.

Look, I want to stay calm but what you've said to me and about me really isn't appropriate and is completely uncalled for. I'm an Australian myself, from Melbourne to be specific and I don't get how you can't grasp this simple concept: Kabam putting up an offer to support the charity enables it to get out to millions of people, and will be bought tens of thousands of times, raising a boatload of money! Isn't that what we all want? For the Australian government to have more funds to support the cause?

They've practically given up because of how much it would cost. The government has declared that minimal action will be taken unless the fire threatens groups of people, and will be somewhat allowed to keep blazing. How can you type this down saying Kabam making an offer like this would get so much money raised!

Unfortunately, not everybody wants to simply donate money and this would allow money to be raised from those that didn't want to donate! As for the whole net loss on Kabam's part; That's why we aren't calling for anything major! I mean just put out some crystals related to fire and water or some shards (orange and yellow 4 and 5 star shards are fire, 6 star shards are blue, water). They make so much money that doing this wouldn't hurt their profit margins very much at all! Even if it did and they do decide to do this, they'll probably only donate a portion of the money, but that's fine too! Even a 10 percent portion of 10,000 30 dollar offer sales is $30,000! So how can you be saying that this isn't a good idea?
  • Arjya_Arjya_ Posts: 4
    edited January 2020

If you want to help Australia then donate to one of the many groups and foundations.

This right here is merely a selfish attempt to get a cool offer out of kabam. You folks are sick imo.

This offer will probably never happen, but if it did, I guess some people that weren't originally planning on donating might be more inclined to donate through the game as they get some rewards for doing it :\ I'm kinda indifferent on this idea atm.

Arjya_ said:

If you want to help Australia then donate to one of the many groups and foundations.

This offer will probably never happen, but if it did, I guess some people that weren't originally planning on donating might be more inclined to donate through the game as they get some rewards for doing it :\

Which is quite disgusting and supposedly not the point of this thread, which is supposedly about spreading awareness and helping australia through an in-game offer.

So the people here are essentially the same as the folks you're describing. They won't donate unless they get something in return, forcing a big company to act as the actual donor. But they act as if donating to australia is the first thing they have in mind.

This is just sick. If you want to help then do it, but both shifting the blame and the responsibility towards kabam is just disgusting.

"Ohhh I totally would have donated, but kabam wasn't willing to make a donation offer, so I didn't. Ohhhhh f*ck kabam for not helping australia ohhh."
    My god man, no need to be so toxic lol. We aren't requiring Kabam does this, we are hoping they do because it would be a good way for thousands of people around the world who wouldn't normally donate to support the cause
  • Arjya_Arjya_ Posts: 4

All these people that are salty and saying it’s rude obviously have never been to a benefit concert or benefit dinner to help someone.......What are those people rude for buying a ticket to eat spaghetti or see a band when all proceeds go to charity? No it creates Avenues for everyone to help and makes it so everyone wins.

What are you 12? Donating directly is always soooo much more beneficial than going to such an event.

So no. I've never been to such an event. Do you know what I do? I get off my selfish butt get to my bank account and simply sent money to help the cause. I don't expect to get anything for that.

Now if that's nessecary for you then don't act as if you've got the moral highground here, fella.
    I feel like your perspective is a bit extreme bro. IMO it seems like most people are are backing this idea cause it will help spread the message and help to support the cause. Calling them 'sick' and 'selfish' is a bit toxic.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    The problem here is, that if Kabam chose to support this particular natural disaster, people might be upset in the future when Kabam wouldn't support fighting wildfires in California, flooding in China, ebola in Congo, pollution in India etc.

See, my point is that supporting charity about 1 catastrophe would not be fair to all other crisis in the world.

I personally am not completely against this idea tho, if Kabam made some offer to donate and get for ex. a title for it, it'd be nice. Afterall, blood donations can get you a medal too.

As for @UmbertoDelRio , calm down dude. I understand you disagree with this, but there's no need to vomit your own hatred over your comments. I can seriously see it leaking from your words. Besides, barking like a dog makes you lose the rests of your human dignity. Noone says you don't have a right for opinion, but treating other forum members as human filth isn't necessary, especially when there's clearly a polite way to say things.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★

I think it would be a very classy thing if you were to have an offer for 7 days, which all proceeds would go to Australia.

Not a daft £100 offer, but not something like a £5 AG.

You want it to be £20ish, for maybe some shards, nothing game breaking.

I think that would be an incredible thing to do.

Just a thought, think how much you could help!

@kabammiike

Supercell the creator of iconic games like clash of clans, hay day, oftn does it, they also did one for aids fund. I thnk even kabam can do this
This discussion has been closed.