**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What are Immunity you want in characters present in game

What are the immunity you think should be applicable in game as in comics???

Comments

• Mine is ghost rider should be immune to poison, incineration and Nova flame.

And also iceman should be immune to Nova flame.

As per my Comics knowledge.
  • Rogers 2~1Rogers 2~1 Posts: 135
    I agree with you fighterdebashis about the immunities of ghost rider
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Iceman being immune to uh...let me see...ICE? Coldsnap, Frostbite etc...?

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    edited January 2020
    I kinda want to see champs with different immunitys no other champ has like stun lock immunity or something like that... but that could become a very dangerous subject. As to answer the question i want iceman to be either frostbite immune or coldsnap immune
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    H3t3r said:

I kinda want to see champs with different immunitys no other champ has like stun lock immunity or something like that... but that could become a very dangerous subject. As to answer the question i want iceman to be either frostbite immune or coldsnap immune

There are champs with partial stun immunity; like Emma Frost, Awakened Hood; or Annihilus on Obliterating Strikes.

There's also a lot of champs with shrug-off abilities making them effectively immune to stun-lock. Try keeping Agent Venom, Elsa Bloodstone, Kingpin, Taskmaster, Vision Aarkus, Korg or Awakened Night Thrasher stunned for any length of time.

But I'd definitely go for Iceman being immune to Frostbite/Coldsnap. Or getting stronger under the effects of Coldsnap; like Electro when he's shocked. However, for balance (and Physics) you'd probably need to exchange that for his existing Incinerate immunity. So overall he'd probably be less useful.
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    edited January 2020
    Groot and King Groot shock immunity.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    SMH...

Of these immunities posts.
  • SpawnSupremeSpawnSupreme Posts: 6
    edited January 2020

H3t3r said:

There are champs with partial stun immunity; like Emma Frost, Awakened Hood; or Annihilus on Obliterating Strikes.

There's also a lot of champs with shrug-off abilities making them effectively immune to stun-lock. Try keeping Agent Venom, Elsa Bloodstone, Kingpin, Taskmaster, Vision Aarkus, Korg or Awakened Night Thrasher stunned for any length of time.

But I'd definitely go for Iceman being immune to Frostbite/Coldsnap. Or getting stronger under the effects of Coldsnap; like Electro when he's shocked. However, for balance (and Physics) you'd probably need to exchange that for his existing Incinerate immunity. So overall he'd probably be less useful.
    I also think it would be more interesting if Iceman was immune to Coldsnap and Frostbite damage like Electro is immune to shock damage instead of being immune to the debuff itself. I'd like to see Iceman being immune to Coldsnap/Frostbite damage and then he receives a damage increase while under these effects, or maybe if the Ice Armor is deactivated and Iceman suffers Coldsnap, the Armor is immediately reformed.
  • There are 3 champs that come to my mind when I think about immunities. Iceman should definitely be immune to coldsnap and frostbite. Another champ that comes to mind is Sunspot, who in my opinion, should also be immune to coldsnap and frostbite considering his entire body is on fire constantly...

Finally, we have a champion who isn’t very popular but I believe still needs some attention: Storm. Electro can benefit from shock debuffs but Storm can’t? That doesn’t make sense. She controls lightning in all of her special attacks too, just to prove that it doesn’t harm her in any shape or form.
  • SwansongSwansong Posts: 40
    All champs to be immune to update bugs. Now that would come in handy.👍🏿
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Thør420 said:

There are 3 champs that come to my mind when I think about immunities. Iceman should definitely be immune to coldsnap and frostbite. Another champ that comes to mind is Sunspot, who in my opinion, should also be immune to coldsnap and frostbite considering his entire body is on fire constantly...

Finally, we have a champion who isn’t very popular but I believe still needs some attention: Storm. Electro can benefit from shock debuffs but Storm can’t? That doesn’t make sense. She controls lightning in all of her special attacks too, just to prove that it doesn’t harm her in any shape or form.

Storms power is weather manipulation. That doesn't give her the ability to resist lightning on a greater level than any other normal human.
  • Thør420 said:

There are 3 champs that come to my mind when I think about immunities. Iceman should definitely be immune to coldsnap and frostbite. Another champ that comes to mind is Sunspot, who in my opinion, should also be immune to coldsnap and frostbite considering his entire body is on fire constantly...

Storms power is weather manipulation. That doesn't give her the ability to resist lightning on a greater level than any other normal human.
    I can see where you’re coming from with Storm, but I still think she should be able to resist it in some way, shape, or form. Oh well, all an opinion.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    i honestly feel most (I realize there are some potential cases otherwise) champions should be immune to their own status effects:

Electro: should be immune to Electro's contact shock .. (would make an interesting match, but potentially give 1 (sub-par) counter to fighting an Electro! ;) hehe
    He should really be the ultimate "king of shock" in this game ... the kind of champ you go to vs a shock node, or other shock champion ..
    With the last buff he got, it does help a lot .. but I still think that should be bumped up more .. he's still a really weak champ, so wouldn't hurt to gain a shock immune, and perhaps another (slight) buff when hit with shocks . ;)

Wolverine/Old-man Logan: Bleed - this would be one of those exceptions I mention .. it makes sense he can bleed .. so no change here (just wanted to list him as a counter example .. ;) )

Iceman: Coldsnap/Frostbite .. should be immune.

• Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72
    Iceman Coldsnap/Frosbite

Ghost Rider Incinerate and Poison

Dormammu Incinerate

Hulkbuster Poison and Bleed

I don't think Electro should be immune to Shock but I think he should kinda absorb Shock damage and maybe transfer it back on a hit or something like that.
  • Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72

Mx268 said:

Iceman Coldsnap/Frosbite

Dormammu Incinerate

I don't think Electro should be immune to Shock but I think he should kinda absorb Shock damage and maybe transfer it back on a hit or something like that.

@Mx268 uhh, you played around with Electro lately? Makes sense if you haven’t cause he’s not exactly popular, but he’s definitely NOT immune to shock, but simply takes no damage from it & his attack increases by a large amount. He’s kind of the shock version of what Omega is to bleed.
    Oups haha no I haven't played him lately, thanks for the info tho
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    They should make Dormammu damage immune and the only way to beat him is to bargain.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 285
    As Iceman first came out, before i read his abilities i thought he will have a vulnerability to incinerate (by my own logic you can fight ice with fire but not with ice), in the end it was the other way around, which is fine to me.

Same with Groot / King Groot, i always thought they should be very vulnerable against incinerate effects since they are made of wood. As an additional effect they could, while suffering from an incinerate effect, have like an aura of incineration themselves which hurts the opponent near them. But i guess the Groot characters are so weak that making them even weaker with incinerate vulnerabilty makes not really much sense.

In my opinion i wouldn't go with immunities so much but a little more into resistances / not taking damage from the debuffs, like they did with elctro. Or taking the debuff damage but having a positive effect out of it too like the Groot example above

Examples / ideas that come to my mind:

Daredevil immune to fear of the void
    Flying characters immune to quakes effects
    Iceman resistance to coldsnap, additionally help reform ice armor faster; exploding frostbites give him power
    Shock debuffs could give Iron Man power/attack boost like it was in Avengers when Thor hit him with the lightning and Iron Mans power level suddenly was at 400%
    Ghost rider with resistance to incinerate effects

I know especially the Iceman and Ghost Rider examples were discussed a lot, but since this thread is open i thought discussing ideas and opinions should be ok :)
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Prentex said:

As Iceman first came out, before i read his abilities i thought he will have a vulnerability to incinerate (by my own logic you can fight ice with fire but not with ice), in the end it was the other way around, which is fine to me.

Same with Groot / King Groot, i always thought they should be very vulnerable against incinerate effects since they are made of wood. As an additional effect they could, while suffering from an incinerate effect, have like an aura of incineration themselves which hurts the opponent near them. But i guess the Groot characters are so weak that making them even weaker with incinerate vulnerabilty makes not really much sense.

In my opinion i wouldn't go with immunities so much but a little more into resistances / not taking damage from the debuffs, like they did with elctro. Or taking the debuff damage but having a positive effect out of it too like the Groot example above

Examples / ideas that come to my mind:

Daredevil immune to fear of the void
    Flying characters immune to quakes effects
    Iceman resistance to coldsnap, additionally help reform ice armor faster; exploding frostbites give him power
    Shock debuffs could give Iron Man power/attack boost like it was in Avengers when Thor hit him with the lightning and Iron Mans power level suddenly was at 400%
    Ghost rider with resistance to incinerate effects

I know especially the Iceman and Ghost Rider examples were discussed a lot, but since this thread is open i thought discussing ideas and opinions should be ok :)

I agree with all of those except Quake since her ability can travel through the air and hit flying targets. Also I don't know how useful being immune to fear of the void would be for Daredevil but I guess any change to make him more useful is good.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Mx268 said:

Iceman Coldsnap/Frosbite

Dormammu Incinerate

@Mx268 uhh, you played around with Electro lately? Makes sense if you haven’t cause he’s not exactly popular, but he’s definitely NOT immune to shock, but simply takes no damage from it & his attack increases by a large amount. He’s kind of the shock version of what Omega is to bleed.
    Agreed, just needs to be able to absorb it from another electro now (via contact hits that is .. ) . ;)
    It's weird he absorbs other shock, but not when he touches an electro .. LOL "logic"
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Storm being immune to Coldsnap, Frostbite and Reverse Controls