**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Officially on the “Buff Howard” bandwagon now

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Seriously, how about a synergies buff, especially with VtD? Howard has three of his own and they are armor/PB. Bringing the two ducks to fight should be like a formidable Tweedledee/Tweedledum tag team.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Agreed. Starting by switching the effects of the SP3 with the sig.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

I’d take that.

I’m fine with making some champs truly top tier once awakened, but it makes no sense for Howard—keeps players striving for more. He isn’t close to the top even awakened, but his sig ability is possibly the only thing that makes him less than awful.

Plus give him some relevant synergies. Even the ones from other champs are ineffective.

Dr. Zola
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’d take that.

I’m fine with making some champs truly top tier once awakened, but it makes no sense for Howard—keeps players striving for more. He isn’t close to the top even awakened, but his sig ability is possibly the only thing that makes him less than awful.

Plus give him some relevant synergies. Even the ones from other champs are ineffective.

Dr. Zola
    Just give him a symbiote and he's god tier boom problem solved
    Tiger360 said:

DrZola said:

I’d take that.

Dr. Zola
    Just give him a symbiote and he's god tier boom problem solved
    Well, I got that guy as a 6* too and he’s not half bad... ;)

Dr. Zola
  • AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    I'm on the buff-bandwagon of almost every 6* I have; mostly the Moon-Knight/Deadpool-X/Rhino/Miles Morales bandwagon.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    same here too much trash to count and ask for a buff! my heart aches when i see some useful 6* pop out of any ally mate!! i need buffed
    - electro
    - Jane Foster
    - Diablo
    - anihilus
    - og cap marvel
    - phoniex
    - Electra
    - Loki
    - Hela (not bad but not practical to play in any situations i find)
    - iron fist
    - Venompool
    - Civil warrior
    - Vulture
    - Night crawler (not really a buff may b an extra synergy or something besides havok's)
    - Sentry
    - Hawkeye
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

same here too much trash to count and ask for a buff! my heart aches when i see some useful 6* pop out of any ally mate!! i need buffed
    - electro
    - Jane Foster
    - Diablo
    - anihilus
    - og cap marvel
    - phoniex
    - Electra
    - Loki
    - Hela (not bad but not practical to play in any situations i find)
    - iron fist
    - Venompool
    - Civil warrior
    - Vulture
    - Night crawler (not really a buff may b an extra synergy or something besides havok's)
    - Sentry
    - Hawkeye

Brother, let me tell you this: There is nothing like pulling a 6-star Ant-Man. Nothing. It takes your breath away, because you have nothing going for the character unless he's awakened and even then, you need two other characters at a minimum to make it work

When I pulled him...man, like I say, I have been here since Day 1. There have only been two pulls that just made me just feel despair for all of the grinding you have to do.

I promise you: Ant-Man will take your breath away as a 6-star pull

Messing around with the ducks, this looks like an obvious place to start with Howard. I understand the symmetry of having all of VtD’s synergies affect him alone, but this one synergy should be two-way with something useful for Howard as well. They are literally the same character (one with a mecha, one with a symbiote). Different Hulks, different spiders, different Iron Men and even different Symbiotes have two-way synergies in game.

I realize the introduction of Howard a few years ago was likely intended to provide levity to the Contest, but at this point his inclusion as a 6* is no joke. He has one of the weakest synergy profiles in game (3 Armor Rating boosts via GwenPool, RR and She-Hulk and 1 Perfect Block boost via KK, plus a non-existent boost from VtD and a decent synergy enhancing his Sp2 via Man-Thing).

Add that to a kit built for yesteryear and it’s easy to see the Duck needs to get goosed a little. Please.

Dr. Zola
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Don't understand why it took you so long to jump on the bandwagon. I realize a 6* pull can change the perspective but he's always been bad.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    why you put your name in every post?

agree with the buff
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★

why you put your name in every post?

agree with the buff

Because that’s what make him different and recognisable

Dr. Horror_Punk
    edited February 2020

Don't understand why it took you so long to jump on the bandwagon. I realize a 6* pull can change the perspective but he's always been bad.

Understood.

I’ve had him as 4/5* for a long time before the 6* pull—no doubt he sucks. I’ve asked for more synergy revamps (quicker) and other fixes that fall short of a full buff (like Gamora) for any of the “underperforming” champs for a long time.

But I haven’t spent as much time on Howard until I pulled him a while ago as a 6*. Honestly, that’s what made me appreciate how pointless he is.

He seems like an afterthought—no 6* should be that—and hasn’t aged well (other than as a Havok counter). He’s not even rated as an XL champ someone could use in Variant 2, which is ridiculous. He has one of the worst set of synergies in the game. In addition, it strikes me as strange that the team passed up fairly intuitive opportunities to bolster his abilities (like with VtD). He continues to be on the list of possible buff candidates, but always falls short.

It isn’t about me. But there are some pretty basic areas that could be improved even if he isn’t going to get a full scale buff any time soon. Update after update passes with tons of tweaks and fixes for other champs—would be nice to see Howard get some love.

Dr. Zola
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    There’re so many champs that need something

COUGH
    JUGGERNAUT
    COUGH

Excuse me, had a travesty caught in my throat.

Anyway, so many champs could use a spec bump or even synergies that don’t suck. No need for an extended regressive rework that didn’t even come with new animations but still took forever, OML. I fully endorse an update for HtD after Juggernaut.

BigPoppaCBONE
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    This guy for a buff lol

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Is it just me or do alot of Havoks counters all need some kind of buff? Howard, cyclops, bishop, vulture, cyclops.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Man thing has a synergy with Howard making his sp2 have plus 50% ability accuracy if the sp1 effect is active. I don’t have a man thing to try it out but it looks somewhat good for him
  • ClashyKnightClashyKnight Posts: 58
    Yep. 6 star howard just put me on the team. #buffhoward