**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

should i to sell useless r3 4* champs?

TeriGaandMeKadduTeriGaandMeKaddu Posts: 54
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
What should i do to get extra 5* shards? a) to sell, unduped/ low level duped, useless r3 4*s for 425 5* shards or b) wait till they reach sig lvl 99 for 550 shards? what's more profitable? short term gain or long term gain? or you see something else? please take the survey and share your views. Also post link if you know any such discussion thread.

should i to sell useless r3 4* champs? 76 votes

yes, sell them
22%
No_More_HeroesGimli_SoGKronos987654321SnizzbarHaji_SaabRaganatorCapWW2Ja55benshbSkyLeftTurnAlbqrqeDropfaithCammonRoVil34SpiritOfVengeanceLalalalqShadow_roast 17 votes
no, wait
21%
Stara99RagamugginGunnerBigMoFuzzylumpsDrOctavius2_2Noob_2yrsSpity68YellsomeINTEGRALAxeCopFireweavileChopinAsLexBUZZdog3000Crumble91_Samuel030sNafaleon 16 votes
keep them for collection
19%
ShadTheManHarcourtmazeICRUSHYOUDEADDeadbyrd9Itay1234212PurveyorVartoxChunkerButtM8bobbyifuFoxhero007R4GEWingTSECryomacerRavakaDonyb 15 votes
keep them for future events/changes
26%
GamerA_Noob_Is1StefffFireballs5TheSOURAbeaupoemPrimmer79luvpuss11Emil_LimsonKingCrooksMidknight007TheMageHunterSungjTurbomech851haunted_memorySummonerB2D_Ace_71Cope559MoNsTeR_804groundedmaster20005 20 votes
Other views
10%
GroundedWisdomIndrick781Timone147GarbagePandaDidzeeAppleisgodCaptain_HeroUncle_Fatty_247 8 votes

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    A lotta ppl used to sell their 4*s before 12.0 and when they realised the compensation was based on player rating they all were whining like hell
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Other views
    A lotta ppl used to sell their 4*s before 12.0 and when they realised the compensation was based on player rating they all were whining like hell

I'm still mad about that one hahaha I was like 198k rating (didn't sell champs)
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Other views
    It all depends what YOUR goals are.

For me personally, selling any tier isn't beneficial at all, whether it be short or long term. I'm in a semi-retired alliance...no AQ stress because most of us have a full t4c inventory, just arena grinding and somewhat serious AW just to collect 5* shards in anticipation of the "better" champs being added later this year/early next. Average two or three 4* crystals a week, while pulling in about 6000 5* shards from duping 4*, AW, arena, SA, etc.

If you're saving for a specific 5* feature, keep in mind that this is a very risky option and will most likely not satisfy your short term hunger for more shards; you may get lucky like some players, getting the feature in just 1 or 2 crystals, but the reality of it is very frustrating. I've failed the last 15 or 16 attempts, lost count.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...in the end, it's just a game, do what will make it fun for you.

Be well.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    no, wait
    It all depends what YOUR goals are.

For me personally, selling any tier isn't beneficial at all, whether it be short or long term. I'm in a semi-retired alliance...no AQ stress because most of us have a full t4c inventory, just arena grinding and somewhat serious AW just to collect 5* shards in anticipation of the "better" champs being added later this year/early next. Average two or three 4* crystals a week, while pulling in about 6000 5* shards from duping 4*, AW, arena, SA, etc.

If you're saving for a specific 5* feature, keep in mind that this is a very risky option and will most likely not satisfy your short term hunger for more shards; you may get lucky like some players, getting the feature in just 1 or 2 crystals, but the reality of it is very frustrating. I've failed the last 15 or 16 attempts, lost count.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...in the end, it's just a game, do what will make it fun for you.

Be well.
    Wow!I actually like the way u wrote this
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Other views
    Don't sell anything. It's counterproductive in general.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    edited August 2017
    yes, sell them
    Farming 5* shards is where it's at. Look at the basic arena schedule see where you have opportunities to rake in.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    NEVER SELL YOUR CHAMPS!

1) You get shards for the next higher tier for every dup, even of lowly wanted champs.
    2) Arena grinds depend on roster depth. For that you need arena fodder.
    3) Each champ is part of your overall Player Rating. Compensation is often determined based on this for major changes.
    4) Maxes sig levels produce added shards of the next higher tier and chances at the next higher tier IIF.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Selling at 3/30 each time (425/time) is more profitable until you pull a champ 16 times, and then holding would be more profitable. The most I've ever pulled a single champ is 7 times and I play at a high level (but don't spend).

I sell if there's a feature 5* I want and I want another shot at him. Otherwise I keep them. Your call, but the blanket "never sell" doesn't really apply to everyone :)
  • Gimli_SoGGimli_SoG Posts: 88
    edited August 2017
    yes, sell them
    My answer is yes sell them, problem is there are zero useless four star champs so you will end up selling nothing
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Selling at 3/30 each time (425/time) is more profitable until you pull a champ 16 times, and then holding would be more profitable. The most I've ever pulled a single champ is 7 times and I play at a high level (but don't spend).

I dup my 4* all the time. Many, like Elektra, DD, Spidey Classic, SL, Gamora, Quake, Phoenix, Voodoo, Ultron, Rocket, and many more are all maxed at 99 sig level... Selling them would mean I rob myself of 550 5* shards. Not to mention all the 3*'s that feed my 4* shards.

I have been playing for over 2 years, I have an extensive roster (which I sold none of). Now I pull 4-5 4* a week from quests shards, AW awards, and simple dupping shards from Arena milestones and ranking awards.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited August 2017

I dup my 4* all the time. Many, like Elektra, DD, Spidey Classic, SL, Gamora, Quake, Phoenix, Voodoo, Ultron, Rocket, and many more are all maxed at 99 sig level... Selling them would mean I rob myself of 550 5* shards. Not to mention all the 3*'s that feed my 4* shards.

I have been playing for over 2 years, I have an extensive roster (which I sold none of). Now I pull 4-5 4* a week from quests shards, AW awards, and simple dupping shards from Arena milestones and ranking awards.

Then my answer really doesn't apply to you. Obviously don't sell max lvl champs. My info was clearly based on starting with unawakened champs, that's why it's 16 times to reach more shards total. If you're already getting 550 a pop (or within one or two pulls of that), then you're already making more each pull and selling is pretty silly.
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    Yes sell them but just one....then Kabam will give you that same champ on your next crystal to punish you

Do not sell any champs. The short term rewards arent worth it.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Other views
    Sold 9 useless 4* champs for a fourth chance at 5* iceman
    I got him from that crystal and used an awakening gem on him

Only in a handful of circumstances, it can be worth it
  • Other views
    When you dupe 4*s you get more 5* crystals. Once they get to sig 99, then you get twice as much. Use them to feed the 5* machine - which over time will feed the 6* machine. That is the #1 reason not to sell 4*s IMO.
  • keep them for collection
    Use em for arena
  • if you don't grind arena, if you don't need more 5 star shards to get 5 star crystal quicker - yes, sell em'. Also you can delete the game cause why you playing if you're selling champs that you got from spending so much time on it - i don't get it.
  • SkySky Posts: 38
    yes, sell them
    As was said before, you have to dupe a champ 16 times before it is more profitable to keep them. When there were far fewer 4* champs it made sense to never sell. A lot of people haven't let go of that thinking. With the amount of 4*s in the pool now, your chance of pulling a champ 16 times is pretty low. Keep the good ones and pump stones in them to max em out as quickly as possible, sell the garbage.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Never sell champions, especially with the grandmaster crystal coming in game duping 4 stars will become even more common than it is now. Max sig crystals will give you way more shards than actually selling the champions so selling will really hurt you in the long run
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    yes, sell them
    If you hate the champ then heck yeah sell em'. You would have to dupe a 4* 5x before you are even eligible for the extra 275 shards. Over that duration you would have earned 1375 5* shards. Meanwhile, you could have ranked that champ to 3/30 and sold them each time for 2550 5* shards plus have gotten level up/advancement rewards in the process. I don't subscribe to the "never sell champs" philosophy and I'm annoyed I can no longer sell my 5* especially with 6* on the horizon.
  • thanks for the replies fellas, eventually i did listen to those who were in favour of selling it and i did sell some useless 4*s and opened a 5* crystal and got this, i guess this game is all about either take your chances or spend money. i've never played her before so don't know if she's good or bad but atleast a dupe.

ufzayk8ekbl8.png

• DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    It's a long term game and selling champs is cutting yourself short for a quick buck.

Never sell champs.