**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Map 4 Ronin Counters

I am having a really bad time with the new Map 4 miniboss Ronin, and I am wondering if anyone has a good counter (no, I don't have Omega Red). I can't fate seal or nullify because his buffs are passive, and triggering bleeds through block meant I have to use bleed immune. My r5 5* champs have died from one combo resulting from missed parries (40% ability reduction), and I have died without getting hit because of bleeding through parries and blocks.

I am thinking about using my r5 sentinel...crit resistance and bleed immunity. Anything else?

Comments

• JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    Use Emma Frost. She works great against him.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    No emma frost at the moment...
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Not to be that person, but how isn't your r5s cutting it? I can solo him with my 4/55s. I'm curious.
    Anyway. Most champs with true strike/heavy dots should work against him. Voodoo/AA/KM ect. Be mindful of his evade though. I think it's against projectiles or on basic attacks. It's BW lvl evade I think.
    My most successful runs so far is with my r5 GR...but I haven't managed to one shot him at all. I am not sure about DOTs though? Doesn't he purify them all?

The evade is annoying but I am not dying because of the evade. I am dying because of block damage, or the one single combo that I take.
    GrimXYZ said:

My most successful runs so far is with my r5 GR...but I haven't managed to one shot him at all. I am not sure about DOTs though? Doesn't he purify them all?

The evade is annoying but I am not dying because of the evade. I am dying because of block damage, or the one single combo that I take.

He doesn't have 100% purify chance. My 4/55 Dr V stacks many venoms on him, even if he shrugs em off. Just need a debuff heavy champ for slightly easier time. Champs with high block prof could work too like CAIW or Dr D.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    What rank 5 5* are u trying to use against him? I would have thought most would be able to one shot him on map 4 unless your alliance prestige is really high.
    why is everyone talking about all the champs that I don't have...with 96 5* you think I would have one of these...The node gives extra crit damage and also changes his stance all the time to give him more passive crit rating boost.

For the record, I one shot every other miniboss in Map 4 until this point, often without losing any health.

I will try my r5 AA or sentinel.
    GrimXYZ said:

why is everyone talking about all the champs that I don't have...with 96 5* you think I would have one of these...The node gives extra crit damage and also changes his stance all the time to give him more passive crit rating boost.

For the record, I one shot every other miniboss in Map 4 until this point, often without losing any health.

I will try my r5 AA or sentinel.

I'd say do sentinel for r5. Should be able to solo Ronin.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Old man Logan smokes that dude! I pretty much consistently one shot him, sometimes losing like 30% health only which I can get back in one subsequent fight! Just have to be wary of his evade tho!
    BTW it's a 4* rank 5 oml.
  • TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 192
    I have used Iceman with pretty good success.

Also, before you judge the OP, he is no joke as the new mini. I haven't fought him much and he wrecked me the 1st time. Very unfamiliar with his motions.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Been using Corvus with Proxima synergy. Gets me 2 missions plus true strike so dont have to worry about evades after I get that mission.
    I am still dying lots against him. I use mostly my r5 colossus but somehow he can get knocked back when parrying? I have no idea how or when it happens, but when it does I die when I try to land heavy from far away. One combo and I die from full health.