**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ITEMS IN THE ACORNS STORE ARE LOCKED FOR PEOPLE ARE NOT UNCOLLECTED?? IS THIS RIGHT??

So first let me say I am uncollected already, so for all those who were gonna post those so helpful comment "guess it's time to become uncollected" don't bother. So I'm not 100% sure but I thought that u guys at kabam said everyone would have a shot at earning a 5* awakening gem crystal, EVERYONE, and ive tried to find the announcement to see if it says certain items will be locked or unavailable if ur not uncollected, I havnt been able to find the announcement so I can't say for sure how it was worded. Now I'm all for separation or categorizing summoners by progression under alot of circumstances, but not this it feels like punishment or something and, I havnt seen the numbers, but 1 of my alliance mates who isn't uncollected yet, but was hoping to use alot of the resources from the acorns store to help them become uncollected, I mean it's the monthly side quest and acorns are the currency that goes with the monthly side quest, it's not the monthly uncollected side quest, they don't do different side quests or different currencys/stores for our tiers so I really just don't agree with this, specially if it wasn't announced or worded to tell everyone that, for the first time ever, imo, if ur not uncollected ur not allowed to purchase these items, I mean u wanna charge them more or in this month's unique quest, less that's fine but I don't agree with u limiting what they can purchase that could help them get to where you guys obviously want them to get to, uncollected or cavalier, so id love to hear an explanation from kabam Mike or someone else at kabam if this is right and is this how things will be moving forward? This also happened with some of the compensation from couple of months back, which I also disagreed with, because weather they were uncollected/cavalier really didn't matter the game went down or was disrupted for everyone the same, I don't recall what all went wrong, THAT TIME, but when the game goes down bad enough to be compensated, it doesn't matter if ur running uncollected difficulty or beginer, no one can play, anyway I hope others agree with me, just out of fairness and helping others get better so they can progress and we all get better and it keeps this game we all love relevant and popular, thanks for your time.

Comments

• RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Also of love for others who agree or disagree to post atleast there name, I'd love to see a petition here, specially from those who agree with me and see if we can make these changes and let kabam know how we feel. Thanks.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I'll try to give a constructive comment. I understand it may be frustrating at first glance, but rewards have to be tiered for a good reason. The value of these items is relative to your progression. I'll give an example I gave a while back when some players pushed back on the tiered compensation. Let's take a fully formed 5* crystal for example... for newer players, it may take them a month, or several months to earn one naturally in the game. For veteran players they may earn as many as two in a week. Or at least one anyway. If we look at it from a 1 month to 1 week comparison for simplicity, if both of theses players received a 5* crystal as compensation it would be totally unfair to the veteran player. As the newer player received a reward that takes them a month to earn and the veteran player received a gift/reward that only takes them a week to earn. It is essentially 4x more valuable to the newer player. Hopefully this helps explain the concept of relative value when it comes to progression level.
    To be honest, I think there are several things in the game that I wish were tiered, but aren't. I think a lot of veteran players are getting smaller/less useful rewards in alliance and solo events for example.
  • Skidz9Skidz9 Posts: 54
    yea at least where they locked kinda sucks. An ally mate of mine figured it up, and IF he is right, if you're not uncollected, you can't spend enough acrons to make it to 1 million. Any admins out wanna answer this question? Can you make it on spending acrons to 1 million if you are not uncollected?
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    My immediate guess would be that the tiered rewards you can still get if not uncollected but you just get less...yes?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Skidz9 said:

yea at least where they locked kinda sucks. An ally mate of mine figured it up, and IF he is right, if you're not uncollected, you can't spend enough acrons to make it to 1 million. Any admins out wanna answer this question? Can you make it on spending acrons to 1 million if you are not uncollected?

He is correct, non uncollected players cannot reach 1 million.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Honestly if they made the 4* awakening gem crystal and t4cc selector available for Proven up, maybe if would've helped the Conquerors struggling with Uncollected.
    Other than that, most of the resources locked to those below Uncollected are fair. Why would a Proven player have access to 6* shards when they should really be focused on getting 4*'s. Not to mention t5b and t2a fragments.
    You're argument makes sense, but the fact that these locked items are clearly aimed at high progression players proves why it's locked.
  • Yes, this was all brought up a week ago when Acorns started. Confirmed by Kabam that you need to be Uncollected in order to spend 1.0mil Acorns (which is the max amount that store offers), and that only Uncollected and 1.0mil will be able to get that 5* Awake Gem.

Now then, I can see how someone “might” not be able to read between the lines in the PIC announcement, and not be able to tie the 2 aspects together where it said “only Uncollected can purchase all items in store” with the other aspect being “if you can reach 1.0mil you get the Gem”. Technically the announcement left out the detail that “all the items in the store” does indeed equate to “1.0mil being max you can spend”.

But that’s why they did confirm that later on, as well as lots of other people providing charts, graphics, etc, up in Forums detailing exactly how much everything is in Store, as well as exactly where you can get all the different Acorns from (note, there are 2.0mil total available, and you only need to get 1.0mil of them, so long as you are Uncollected).
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Difference with previous side quests is that with this one, if a player becomes uncollected during this event, they’ll still get access to the uncollected acorn rewards.

As for uncollected acorn rewards ”needed” (🙄🤦‍♂️) to progress ingame. You don’t need a 5* awakening gem to become uncollected.
  • GamecodeOneGamecodeOne Posts: 87
    One or two years ago, you only could dream of a 5Star awakening gem. And now every beginner ones high tier stuff right after the beginning :D so funny.
    I got my first 5 star awekening gem after more than a year of playing.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I got my first 5* awakening gem late last year after nearly 4 years!

@RU11011 the 4* Awakening gem is available to Proven. I'm Proven and I just bought it today.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    RO53TT1 said:

specially if it wasn't announced or worded to tell everyone that, for the first time ever, imo, if ur not uncollected ur not allowed to purchase these items

I cannot imagine how anyone playing this game for any length of time would think that this was the first time that rewards were gated to progress tiers. You can make up statements like "this is the first time spending Acorns in January has been gated to progress tier" but that's extremely quixotic.
  • Trevererik1_Trevererik1_ Posts: 45
    I barely missed the 5k 5* shards. Just isnt right. I pushed to get as many acorns I could and to find out I'm missing 1080 points to fit that milestone. I have nothing else to buy since I'm not uncollected. Just doesn't seem fair to miss it by that small margin.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93

I barely missed the 5k 5* shards. Just isnt right. I pushed to get as many acorns I could and to find out I'm missing 1080 points to fit that milestone. I have nothing else to buy since I'm not uncollected. Just doesn't seem fair to miss it by that small margin.

Half a 5* champ would scale much higher as a reward than if given to someone who is UC. Such is the purpose of tiered rewards and it has always been like that.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    For instance, my first 5* was a raccoon. I was super excited at the time (couple years ago) to have any 5* because it was a big improvement on my roster. Now, unless it is 1 of a handful of champs, a 5* champ is unlikely to elicit any emotion. Kabam has to do tiered rewards otherwise the impact of a reward that is the same for everyone would always disproportionately benefit beginners.
  • Trevererik1_Trevererik1_ Posts: 45

Half a 5* champ would scale much higher as a reward than if given to someone who is UC. Such is the purpose of tiered rewards and it has always been like that.
    But missing by that little amount isnt right. Either stop after previous milestone, or make it after the next milestone. To miss it by 1000 is ridiculous. I understand about the tiers, but again by 1000. All I'm saying is make it fair. I'm not talking about the last milestone. That I agree about uncollected being able to reach that milestone. If kabam figured out mathematically that lower summoners couldnt reach the 5* shard by 1000, they obviously made a big mistake and need to fix this. I just need to spend 1080 that's it. And again I'm not complaining about tiers, just barely not making it is disapointing.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

But missing by that little amount isnt right. Either stop after previous milestone, or make it after the next milestone. To miss it by 1000 is ridiculous. I understand about the tiers, but again by 1000. All I'm saying is make it fair. I'm not talking about the last milestone. That I agree about uncollected being able to reach that milestone. If kabam figured out mathematically that lower summoners couldnt reach the 5* shard by 1000, they obviously made a big mistake and need to fix this. I just need to spend 1080 that's it. And again I'm not complaining about tiers, just barely not making it is disapointing.
    It’s clearly not a mistake, they bought you as close to that milestone as possible giving you and extra 99,000 acorns to spend in the store, it’s pretty elementary.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317

I went looking and found the announcement post you said you couldn't find. They do clarify that some rewards are locked by in-game progression.

Thank u, I couldn't find this nnouncement, I said in the message I wasn't sure, so at least it's good to know they did announce it ahead of time, I still think it's wrong that they can't get the AG but kabam covered themselves there.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    edited January 2020
    RO53TT1 said:

I went looking and found the announcement post you said you couldn't find. They do clarify that some rewards are locked by in-game progression.

Thank u, I couldn't find this nnouncement, I said in the message I wasn't sure, so at least it's good to know they did announce it ahead of time, I still think it's wrong that they can't get the AG but kabam covered themselves there.
    Why should someone that’s not uncollected get the same rewards as someone who is uncollected. I totally agree with Kabam on the tiered progression rewards. I rather it even be split more every time for uncollected/cav. Back in the day before it was tiered it was so one sided that a lot of compensation or rewards just didn’t really matter most of the time because they couldn’t give the endgame players what we deserved without giving newer players too much.